How was Yoel Romero/Borrachina a robbery?

Couldn't really call it a robbery no matter what the decision was. The only round that was clear for either guy was the 3rd. Yoel did land more significant strikes and got a TD in 2nd. I thought Yoel won, but would hardly call it a robbery.

Media scoring was split 11-11, Dana says he thought 2-1 for Costa but most of the fighters he was with thought Romero won.
http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/10340/Paulo-Costa-vs-Yoel-Romero

Round 1- Clearly costa
Round 2- Very close, but i gave it to Costa as he seem to put the pressure more (I'm big romero fan by the way)
Round 3- All Romero.

29-28 Costa (very close fight but I gave it all to Costa).
this, exactly.

Apparently Myself and a bunch of pros and a handful of sherdoggers thought Yoel won....
But again hey my opinion doesn’t mean shit in the grand UFCWME scheme of things.

I know fights are scored on a round by round criteria, but fights like these are where I wish they were judged as a whole.
While Costa threw more and clipped Yoel a couple good times, Romero was clearly doing the more damage. And then it becomes aggressiveness/advancing over damage done. I see how the judges scored it for Costa. But to score the fight a Unanimous Decision is atrocious

I love Yoel but I had it 29-28 Costa watching live. Rewatched today, round 2 was pretty close, Yoel landed a lot of jabs that the announcers missed/ignored.

Don't think Yoel's stock dropped at all. I'd like to see him take on the Cannonier/Hermanson winner next.

Yea he did. Paulo was busted up and walking forward to win a round is dumb. Mma judging is stupid. They should just get rid of round judging and judge the fight as a whole

Yea he did. Paulo was busted up and walking forward to win a round is dumb. Mma judging is stupid. They should just get rid of round judging and judge the fight as a whole
That's part of the new judging that if it's close they can use aggression and cage control. Effective striking is mentioned in the new rules before grappling so to me that means that striking comes first. Yoel still whooped Costa in rd 3 though, I can't say if it was a 10-8 or not quite yet.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/...-changes-to-mma-scoring-criteria-new-rules-in

Yoel 2,3 close fight. Most of the people in the bar thought Yoel edged it

Yea he did 2 rds to 1 but the judges are god and run that ho

I had Yoel but it was close enough for Costa to get the nod. That 3rd round was tough. Yoel looked close to securing the finish, damn near a 10-8. Just spent too much time pinned against the fence. 2nd was hard to score too. Need to watch again.

under the new rules it easier to get a 10-8 round.
As it should be. I just don't think that was one of them. Romero won the round, no doubt about that, had he added in a takedown and a minute of real gnp then I would call it 10-8.

Back