How would have Holly done against PRIME R3

I think most people can agree that Ronda wasn't herself before the Holly fight. Not sure if something happened. Or if it was her training with edmond. Etc... but we do know she was a force to be reckon with when she was mentally there..

How would Holly Holm have done against Ronda in her prime when she was ragdolling everyone?
476333.jpg

Motivated BJ Penn or Motivated Ronda
453413.jpg

The biggest problem is Holly was trained specifically for Ronda and her skillset for at least a year. Her striking is on a different level so all she needed was TDD. Holly has never looked nearly as impressive against any of the other top opponents.

Ronda treated her like another soccer mom or grappler. She should have worked on takedowns and how to avoid striking exchanges. If she were to leave Edmund and train with wrestlers for a year say in AKA, I think she would have beaten Holly. But otherwise, the rematch would have been the same. She could have also time Holly's ishes like Miesha and Valentina but that also required training.

This thread would be in the Sherdog Worst Thread Hall of Fame if it existed. The timing and the apparent lack of self-awareness by the TS both score a 10 out of 10.

The exact same. Ronda has and had amazing judo, obviously. She just didnt have enough tools to compete with the newer wave of top ladies in the sport.

You mean, like Meisha, who beat Holly right after, right?

If you rewatch the fight Ronda almost got the armbar, it was close. Her knees were shot before the fight, she wasn't very old but her body was already failing. Apparently shooting a takedown wasn't an option with her knees. Meisha showed Holly's weakness against wrestling takedowns.

Same thing happened to Fedor btw, his body started failing (back and hand issues) and he couldn't really grapple anymore so started headhunting to his detriment. Btw hard to say Ronda quit due to adversity, she went out on her shield every fight win or lose. One of the most exciting fighters to fight in the octagon, she took the kill or be killed attitude. Those who didn't enjoy her fights due to personal issues really missed out IMO.

Tate was beating Ronda on the feet in the 2nd fight, her retard level fight IQ let her down.

Ronda was a one-trick pony and a product of dogshit opposition

So... We're just supposed to believe TS when he says that Ronda wasn't in her prime?

That right there alone makes OP pointless.

I think most people can agree that Ronda wasn't herself before the Holly fight. Not sure if something happened. Or if it was her training with edmond. Etc... but we do know she was a force to be reckon with when she was mentally there..

How would Holly Holm have done against Ronda in her prime when she was ragdolling everyone?

Personally I think the only way Holm beats Ronda is if she's still in the womb. Fetus Destroyer Holm>All

You mean, like Meisha, who beat Holly right after, right?
Not sure how you can even try to argue that what i said isnt true. Apparently Meisha was well rounded enough to beat holly and Ronda was clearly not.

It's my opinion, but I'm going with USADA played a larger role than people realize.
Program started Mid 2015, a couple months later she fought Bethe Correreia in Brazil(..Bethe in Brazil, not a great metric and only a month or two into the program)
Then fought Holly that November. Much more nervous/mentally weaker, and looking much weaker in the Octagon.

You can argue Holm and Nunes were just that massive upgrades from competition, and I won't argue that, but if I had to bet money, I'd put it on her being another USADA victim and it affected her performance and mentality.
You may very well be right. I remember seeing some of Ronda's pre fight training earlier in her career, and she looked completely jacked, particularly her back and shoulder just looked nuts. Less so later in her career.

Response to PEDs varies wildly between people as well. You have guys like Ubereem and Vitor whose bodies go completely bezerk when exposed, and then others that...don't.

What? That was literally Ronda at her prime. Check the odds. She might have been distracted. But, that’s her problem. She was at her physical prime. And to say otherwise is nonsense.

You don’t go from prime to not prime in 1 fight. A few months after your last one.

Are we going to talk about hungry Conor now?

Edmond ruined Rhonda so it’s hard to tell. Edmond is like that shit stain in high school with the coke addiction who pulls down a college bound star QB with him…

All that pressure probably did have some effect,but the bottom line is Holly had the skillset to give Ronda problems. The footwork to avoid Ronda's charges,and the crisp boxing to make her pay for storming in. Ronda not being able to shoot cos of bad knees,she had no way to close the distance any other way then her usual way. That way worked up until then. Beautifully.

They were banking on it working this time too but it didnt. She did have some moments,she nailed Holm hard and made her mouthpiece come out...but she mostly was walking into the woodchipper. She still came forward the whole time,trying to bang,which is more than I can say for alot of fighters in the same situation

Ronda looked out of shape compared to earlier in her career

Back