How would Prime Fedor do against the current UFC HW division?

How would Prime Fedor do against the current UFC HW division?

• Total voters
Tuivasa has 8 wins in UFC, some of them ranked ones. Rocked Gane as well.

I dont understand why someone would pretend as hard as you do. Whats your issue?
Tai Tuivasa is a product of the UFC.

He's gonna tell you that,but I thought id get to it first so he dont have to.

Are you trying to support his claim that Tuivasa "is the worst fighter in UFC" or ehats your point?

He could give Jiri trouble btw

Are you trying to support his claim that Tuivasa "is the worst fighter in UFC" or ehats your point?

He could give Jiri trouble btw
No I dont support his fuckin claim lmao

He just makes silly statements like this because he doesnt know a goddamn thing about what he's talking about.

Jiri by KO tho

Tuivasa has 8 wins in UFC, some of them ranked ones. Rocked Gane as well.

I dont understand why someone would pretend as hard as you do. Whats your issue?
Because he’s not a good fighter, HW the division where having power is the great equalizer, Him
rocking Gane is not out of this world to think it would happen especially when most HW’s rely and have that power and Gane is essentially a kickboxer masquerading as MMA fighter. Tuivasa’s best win in terms of name is Arlovski, his best win in terms of current HW’s is Lewis. He’s shown NO improvements in the past 7 years he’s been in the UFC, he is still fighting the same as he has always been, relying on KO power.

He just makes silly statements like this because he doesnt know a goddamn thing about what he's talking about.

Jiri by KO tho

Apologies
I just read in this thread that "Herring was perhaps the first true evolved fighter with complete skillset". Coming from a rather old-school poster, not a noob. So Im very confused right now.

Jiri is wild, Im a fan. But Tuivasa hits like a truck, almos KOed Gane, and can take a huge amount of punishment, so it's trouble for Jiri.
Maybe Jiri heelhooks him or something, you never know

Reactions: HHJ

Jiri by KO tho
Come on man, you know it’s true.

Because he’s not a good fighter, HW the division where having power is the great equalizer, Him
rocking Gane is not out of this world to think it would happen especially when most HW’s rely and have that power and Gane is essentially a kickboxer masquerading as MMA fighter. Tuivasa’s best win in terms of name is Arlovski, his best win in terms of current HW’s is Lewis. He’s shown NO improvements in the past 7 years he’s been in the UFC, he is still fighting the same as he has always been, relying on KO power.

KO power and chin are huge assets indeed.
Not the worst fighter in UFC. He could beat many UFC HW fighters, and of course lighter ones by physicality alone.
Fine trolling though

He’s no product of the UFC, Tuivasa is the product of the influx of fighters form OZ/NZ when the UFC is creating a mark in that region. Will he go down as pioneer in OZ/NZ UFC fighters? For sure, but that still doesn’t make him a good fighter.

He’s no product of the UFC, Tuivasa is the product of the influx of fighters form OZ/NZ when the UFC is creating a mark in that region. Will he go down as pioneer in OZ/NZ UFC fighters? For sure, but that still doesn’t make him a good fighter.
Arglebargle.

Foofaraw.

We have OZ fighters in UFC since Sinosic and Haseman more than 20 years ago.
You really need to get educated or get another hobby

KO power and chin are huge assets indeed.
Not the worst fighter in UFC. He could beat many UFC HW fighters, and of course lighter ones by physicality alone.
Fine trolling though
Many UFC HW fighters currently? Yes, in a generation of mostly unskilled HW’s who relies entirely on having power.

But when it comes to actual MMA Skills, Tuivasa only checks having a chin and power and those aren’t even skills to begin with.

Are you trolling or what's going on?

Maybe if you narrow it down to USA natives weighting more than 240+lbs, Herring could be that guy. Only maybe. Still highly debatable with guys as Barnett around.

Otherwise, to say Herring was "the first true evolved fighter with complete skillset" is an obscenely uneducated claim

Herring entered Top 10 media rankings before Barnett (2000 MMA Writers, Stephen quadros), Herring had his title fight before Barnett, 2001 vs 2002. So it can stand that Herring was the first modern evolved fighter, both big and good everywhere.
There were of cours fighters with complete skillset before, like Frye, Ruas, Shamrock, but they did not have Herring's size. Herring was probably the first who had everything, size, striking, ground game.

We have OZ fighters in UFC since Sinosic and Haseman more than 20 years ago.
You really need to get educated or get another hobby
I put Sinosic for Oz in the same tier as Niko Vitale or Kimo for Hawaii when it comes to being influential for their region. The Body Sotiropoulos is much more influential than Sinosic, even though Sinosic might’ve been the first Australian. Educated on what exactly, Tuivasa and the rest of the fighters like France, Adesanya, Volkonavski are the reasons why the UFC were focused on that region, not Sinosic.

Herring entered Top 10 media rankings before Barnett (2000 MMA Writers, Stephen quadros), Herring had his title fight before Barnett, 2001 vs 2002. So it can stand that Herring was the first modern evolved fighter, both big and good everywhere.
There were of cours fighters with complete skillset before, like Frye, Ruas, Shamrock, but they did not have Herring's size. Herring was probably the first who had everything, size, striking, ground game.

Barnett beat the same Hoffman who beat Herring that same night in '99.

Herring lost to striker and BJJ black belt Vitor Belfort, and he did by getting taken down, reversed and outgrappled by the 40lbs smaller striker.

You didnt talk about size in your initial post btw. You talked about "complete skill-set". And it would still be a stupid statement just like saying some HW is "more evolved" than Volkanovski just because he could beat him by size alone.

To say Herring was "the first true evolved fighter with complete skillset" is an obscenely uneducated claim by any criteria you want to look at. Clinging into some alleged media ranking written by Pride employee Stephen Quadros would only further expose whoever is trying to back up such an absurd claim.

Herring was a fairly well-rounded HW. Ok. But leave it at that.

I put Sinosic for Oz in the same tier as Niko Vitale or Kimo for Hawaii when it comes to being influential for their region. The Body Sotiropoulos is much more influential than Sinosic, even though Sinosic might’ve been the first Australian. Educated on what exactly, Tuivasa and the rest of the fighters like France, Adesanya, Volkonavski are the reasons why the UFC were focused on that region, not Sinosic.

You talked about "pioneers". Look up what pioneer means.

We live in a society
Tuivasa has been fighting MMA for over decade and in the UFC for 7 years. Still can’t establish a jab, footwork or put combos together, relies on overhands and hooks. Has shown minimal aspects in grappling, submissions or wrestling.

“we live in a society” yes, where a person and a fan like you for MMA still can’t admit a fighter like Tuivasa is not a great fighter, even by eye test he shows he lacks proper fighting technique compared to hundreds of other fighters even some female fighters. But yet people are still going to give him a pass because he drinks beer from raunchy shoe.

You talked about "pioneers". Look up what pioneer means.
a person or group that originates or helps open up a new line of thought or activity or a new method or technical development. b. : one of the first to settle in a territory. 3. : a plant or animal capable of establishing itself in a bare, barren, or open area and initiating an ecological cycle.

Now tell me, how influential was Sinosic to being a fighter or established anything in the UFC, other than being the first. Only reason I remember himWhile fighters like Mark Hunt & Ray Sefo has had more impact in modern MMA than Sinosic and when it’s all said and done, the group of fighters like Adesanya, Tuivasa, Volkanovski will be looked at as the spearheads for that region. Not taking anything away from Sinosic, but he didn’t leave mark other than being the first.

That is not a very makfresshi answer

In what way did the referees or judges help Fedor on his whole run? When did he ever even need them??
He didn’t because he was fighting good fighters part time. All in an effort to keep his aura alive to sell tickets to their show

Fedor's record fighting in a Cage is meh, he was the king of the Ring. I dont really think his style faired nearly as well in the Cage & that detail is totally overlooked when comparing his record to others.
I think he would for sure be top 15, maybe top 10, but wouldn't expect to be able to beat the top guys today in a cage.

Ring, cage, it doesn't make nearly as much of a difference as you're implying.

Back