How would Stipe have done against Fedor's competition in PRIDE?

Hahaha yup everybody that fought in pride is way way better now than they ever were. Nostalgia and human nature are a funny thing.
What do you mean? fighters were better when they were younger and used steroids oppose to being older and clean in the ufc? Are you saying that's not a thing?
I'm confused by your post, expand

The point is that Ben Rothwell was a nobody in 2000 - 2010 fighting on second tier American shows and his strength of schedule was arguably greater than Japan's HW champion's.

Fedor's 10 year streak, outside of 3-4 names, was over lower tier competition than a normal HW fighter would fight in second tier American promotions. A fighter going undefeated for 10 years in American regional promotions would have accomplished as much as, arguably more than, Fedor did.
You're not smart.

Where do you rank Bigfoot and Hendo?
Henderson is definitely an all time great, Silva, not so much. I see where you are going with this but what you are veering off topic... the thread was about Miocic being able to go on the same streak as Fedor if he were in Fedor's shoes but the fact that Miocic lost to a guy like Struve, who is nowhere near an all time great and would definitely be classified as a "can" if he were a win on Fedor's resume, I think tells us that the answer is a strong "probably not". He was beaten by Silva and he was beaten by Henderson but that wasn't until 10 years and 30plus fights of superiority. We all lose, eventually. Is normal but nice try.

...Would love to see how stipe handles Hong man Choi. I find it really interesting.

Me too. HMC was a ripped 366 lbs when he fought Fedor. He pancaked Fedor twice when Fedor tried to take him down. Fedor hit him square on the chin and HMC didn't flinch. If Fedor wasn't so good with armbars off his back, who knows what would have happened?

I think it was Matt Hume who said that HMC was the strongest guy on the mat that he ever rolled with. With his iron chin and weight, prime HMC would have been a handful for anyone imo, including Stipe. Having a 100+ lb weight advantage would have spelt death for most HW's, even with his obvious lack of technique. Too bad his fight with Brock didn't happen, I was looking forward to that one.

Big Foot Silva beat Overeem too. And Serra beat GSP and Bisping beat Rockhold, and Randleman beat Cro Cop and Dennis Bermudez beat Max Holloway, and so on.

But you know all this, so don’t play stupider than you are.
"Stupider" got me laughing pretty hard. I haven't heard that word in a while. Back on topic: If Arlovski, who is way past his prime, could beat those guys and those guys could beat Miocic and Overeem, what does MMA math tell you about this situation? Not a FUCKING thing other than in the heavyweight division, can or no can, anyone can beat anyone on any given night. So, a heavyweight, any heavyweight (let's forget about Fedor for a moment), going unbeaten for 10 years and over 30 fights should be considered a pretty amazing feat. If you can't acknowledge that then you are "stupider".

"Stupider" got me laughing pretty hard. I haven't heard that word in a while. Back on topic: If Arlovski, who is way past his prime, could beat those guys and those guys could beat Miocic and Overeem, what does MMA math tell you about this situation? Not a FUCKING thing other than in the heavyweight division, can or no can, anyone can beat anyone on any given night. So, a heavyweight, any heavyweight (let's forget about Fedor for a moment), going unbeaten for 10 years and over 30 fights should be considered a pretty amazing feat. If you can't acknowledge that then you are "stupider".
See my response to HHJ on the previous page and you’ll see I’m not completely disagreeing with you.

But using “but but but Struve beat Miocic 5 years ago” as an argument was, well pretty stupid. Yes, upsets happen, and yes fighters evolve. What you’re saying is kinda like implying that Betch Correa is better than Cyborg cause she beat the girl who has a win over her once upon a time.

And ya, the spell check on my iPhone accepted “stupider” as a word. Also googled it and it’s accepted in online dictionaries so whatever.

See my response to HHJ on the previous page and you’ll see I’m not completely disagreeing with you.

But using “but but but Struve beat Miocic 5 years ago” as an argument was, well pretty stupid. Yes, upsets happen, and yes fighters evolve. What you’re saying is kinda like implying that Betch Correa is better than Cyborg cause she beat the girl who has a win over her once upon a time.

And ya, the spell check on my iPhone accepted “stupider” as a word. Also googled it and it’s accepted in online dictionaries so whatever.
Ha! I wasn't saying that "stupider" wasn't a word, I was just laughing reminiscing about the time I last heard it.

As for the "but but Struve", again, the thread is about Miocic being able to accomplish the same feat in Fedor's shoes and I am pointing out that Struve proved it to be a strong "probably not". Yes, fighters do evolve and yes, that loss was 5 years ago but are you implying that Fedor is some kind of a fucking robot and that he was the same from day 1 until now? As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, that might be why so many morons on Sherdog relish in his last few losses, 10 years and 30 plus fights later because they think he is some kind of a fucking robot and that he is the same now as he was in his prime. If Mir happens to beat him, Sherdog is going to go full retard with guys saying "see, he was never that good!"

If you are giving Miocic a pass for losing early in his career then you should be praising Fedor, even more, for NOT losing at all until he started to fade.

I, regretfully, wish upon all of them something that I only wish upon my worst enemies... one day, when they are 85 and walking down the street, I hope some punk kid comes and knocks them the fuck out, stands over them and yells,"see, you were never that tough, anyways!"

Side note: The funny thing about you typing the word "stupider" is that it comes across even more hilarious because of your avatar! I keep hearing your posts in that Lispy Nate Diaz voice.... "sthupider, man, what?!"

What do you mean? fighters were better when they were younger and used steroids oppose to being older and clean in the ufc? Are you saying that's not a thing?
I'm confused by your post, expand
Coleman was 40 when he was fighting Fedor. Aleks and Sergei never fought in the ufc and S holy had never beaten a good fighter in mma.

Ha! I wasn't saying that "stupider" wasn't a word, I was just laughing reminiscing about the time I last heard it.

As for the "but but Struve", again, the thread is about Miocic being able to accomplish the same feat in Fedor's shoes and I am pointing out that Struve proved it to be a strong "probably not". Yes, fighters do evolve and yes, that loss was 5 years ago but are you implying that Fedor is some kind of a fucking robot and that he was the same from day 1 until now? As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, that might be why so many morons on Sherdog relish in his last few losses, 10 years and 30 plus fights later because they think he is some kind of a fucking robot and that he is the same now as he was in his prime. If Mir happens to beat him, Sherdog is going to go full retard with guys saying "see, he was never that good!"

If you are giving Miocic a pass for losing early in his career then you should be praising Fedor, even more, for NOT losing at all until he started to fade.

I, regretfully, wish upon all of them something that I only wish upon my worst enemies... one day, when they are 85 and walking down the street, I hope some punk kid comes and knocks them the fuck out, stands over them and yells,"see, you were never that tough, anyways!"
No, don’t bunch me in with those idiots. I’m a fan of Fedor, and you don’t see me mentioning the embarrassments against Mitrione or Maldonado because I understand that fighters decline. But the overzealous Fedor nut huggers are over the top most of the time.

And your argument is what? That Stipe did get beat in a 9 year span while Fedor didn’t? My whole argument was that if he fought the top contender in all his fights as champ as Stipe is doing, he would very likely lose several times.

Fedor is one of the greatest HWs of all time, maybe the greatest, but the unbeaten streak is misleading and should be put into context. Several of his opponents during that time were a joke.

Coleman was 40 when he was fighting Fedor. Aleks and Sergei never fought in the ufc and S holy had never beaten a good fighter in mma.
In his prime when he was juiced up I said. Aleks and serg I never said fought in the UFC and Sammy runs thru stipe worse the Stefan did. Styles make fights man. I also think a roided out prime Kevin randleman gives him issues too

In his prime when he was juiced up I said. Aleks and serg I never said fought in the UFC and Sammy runs thru stipe worse the Stefan did. Styles make fights man. I also think a roided out prime Kevin randleman gives him issues too
Semmie? The guy who doesn’t have a quality win in his mma career and was beaten by Hong Man Choi in kickboxing. Stipe would smash Schilt in kickboxing.

Semmie? The guy who doesn’t have a quality win in his mma career and was beaten by Hong Man Choi in kickboxing. Stipe would smash Schilt in kickboxing.
He's a way better version of stefan. His k1 run was legendary it got to a point it wasn't even fun watching cause you knew what was going to happen

He's a way better version of stefan. His k1 run was legendary it got to a point it wasn't even fun watching cause you knew what was going to happen
That’s because K1 was an absolute joke. It had like ten fighters that took turns beating each other and getting beat up by mma fighters such as Rampage, Bob Sapp, Mousasi, Overeem etc. when they chose to fight in K1.

That’s because K1 was an absolute joke. It had like ten fighters that took turns beating each other and getting beat up by mma fighters such as Rampage, Bob Sapp, Mousasi, Overeem etc. when they chose to fight in K1.
........ thats an embarrassing post man. But regardless in my opinion semmy is a horrible match up for stipe. Stipe doesn't do good with tall stand up fights. Semmy is one of the tallest best stand-up fighters in the world

........ thats an embarrassing post man. But regardless in my opinion semmy is a horrible match up for stipe. Stipe doesn't do good with tall stand up fights. Semmy is one of the tallest best stand-up fighters in the world
Who also is maybe the worst wrestler in mma history.

No, don’t bunch me in with those idiots. I’m a fan of Fedor, and you don’t see me mentioning the embarrassments against Mitrione or Maldonado because I understand that fighters decline. But the overzealous Fedor nut huggers are over the top most of the time.

And your argument is what? That Stipe did get beat in a 9 year span while Fedor didn’t? My whole argument was that if he fought the top contender in all his fights as champ as Stipe is doing, he would very likely lose several times.

Fedor is one of the greatest HWs of all time, maybe the greatest, but the unbeaten streak is misleading and should be put into context. Several of his opponents during that time were a joke.
Good post. Miocic is proving to be a solid champ and he has certainly cemented himself as the UFC's goat but I just have to point out that he let himself slip twice when Fedor didn't slip once. Yes, the 30 fights contained a lot of "cans" but they weren't cans at the time. Kind of like Ngannou, I posted before the Miocic fight that it was a "no-win" situation for Miocic. If he loses, he was never that good and Ngannou was the greatest of all time but if he won, Ngannou would be relegated to a Zulu or Choi. So, if Struve was able to drop Miocic, do you not think that any of the 30 plus guys Fedor fought wouldn't have been able to as well? It is just speculative and opinion but I can't even believe that Fedor got that far without a loss. Pretty impressive and I don't think we will ever see something like that again.

P.S. I would like this post but I can't because I'm a "double yellow".

Back