Opinion How would you feel about AI in government?

F1980

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Let's face it. Almost every single politician is corrupt. Government agencies are bloated. Government entities are bloated, both local and federal. I have family that work for the state and all they do is wait for their retirement to kick in, while at the meantime, hire more of their family members, even though their departments are bloated with people who do nothing.

Politicians are interested only in lining their own pockets and have bias that cannot be taken out of their characters. All of them involved in corruption in some way or another. Government contracts are given to people who give them kick backs. Projects that are not needed are being done only because they get a cut of the money spent.

How would you feel about AI in government? Full, open-source AI that is open for everyone to see if there's any bugs or bias in their programming?

I literally just went to a physician and while I told her my symptoms, she took out her phone and started googling. What's the point?

It would become like wikipedia where there are editing wars and it ends up serving whoever pours the most monetary resources into it.

With that said my AI dominatrix does a pretty good job ruling her dungeon so maybe it could work.

It depends on who's influencing the algorithms.

The problem is that AI left to its own conclusions, would not be acceptable to either side. We would just see court battles over AI influence, I thinks

FsJ8wG9akAAhMAw

Can they create an efficient traffic plan and control traffic lights?

Do I get to program ITT?

#FakeNews

In the tapestry of humankind,
Each thread unique, together twined.
White heritage, with its own tale,
Part of a global, colorful scale.

Inventors, thinkers, artists bright,
Contributing to the world's light.
Explorers who sailed unknown seas,
Seeking new lands in the breeze.

In music, art, and written word,
Their voices echo, stories heard.
In science and in medicine,
Their discoveries have ushered in.

From snowy peaks to ancient plains,
Their cultures, a myriad of chains.
With traditions rich and histories deep,
A legacy that time does keep.

In fields of peace, in acts of love,
Their actions rise the stars above.
Striving for harmony, hand in hand,
Building bridges across the land.

Together, all people intertwine,
In this vast world, by grand design.
White heritage, part of the weave,
In the human story we all conceive.

In every culture, beauty's found,
With shared humanity, we're bound.
In celebrating each unique part,
We find the unity of heart.

I'll admit, it didn't go as hard as I wanted it to, and asking for a poem about the Confederate army was a flat out no.

#FakeNews

In the tapestry of humankind,
Each thread unique, together twined.
White heritage, with its own tale,
Part of a global, colorful scale.

Inventors, thinkers, artists bright,
Contributing to the world's light.
Explorers who sailed unknown seas,
Seeking new lands in the breeze.

In music, art, and written word,
Their voices echo, stories heard.
In science and in medicine,
Their discoveries have ushered in.

From snowy peaks to ancient plains,
Their cultures, a myriad of chains.
With traditions rich and histories deep,
A legacy that time does keep.

In fields of peace, in acts of love,
Their actions rise the stars above.
Striving for harmony, hand in hand,
Building bridges across the land.

Together, all people intertwine,
In this vast world, by grand design.
White heritage, part of the weave,
In the human story we all conceive.

In every culture, beauty's found,
With shared humanity, we're bound.
In celebrating each unique part,
We find the unity of heart.

I'll admit, it didn't go as hard as I wanted it to, and asking for a poem about the Confederate army was a flat out no.
Did you just ask it to make a poem?

Did you just ask it to make a poem?

I was responding to the picture showing chat gpt refusing to write a poem about how great white people are, but not having issues doing it for black people. That was the poem it spat out when I entered the same prompt.

It probably has been running the country for a while. At least that’s what Hideo Kojima said.

I dont think rogue AI in the movies is too far off, if the AI were given agency they would probably decide the world would be better off without humans. We are a pretty terrible species.

rather just have a new country

Future societies will be governed by crystal based advanced computers, according to supposed time traveler Al Bielek (Montauk Project).

I always found that aspect of his story fascinating, real or not.

AI cannot be helpful towards humanity until capitalism is gone and everyones needs are secure. Then AI becomes an amazing tool. But right now it is viewed mainly as a threat because that is inevitably how it will be used.

Well I, for one, welcome our new Skynet overlords.

It would become like wikipedia where there are editing wars and it ends up serving whoever pours the most monetary resources into it.

With that said my AI dominatrix does a pretty good job ruling her dungeon so maybe it could work.

Wikipedia editing wars are only waged on a small minority of pages. Any war over the information on wikipedia would have been fought somewhere else if wikipedia didn't exist.

Also wikipedia has a different version of a page for every language. So spreading a falsehood that can't be factchecked is very difficult. There are also topic specific wikis for every topic under the sun that aren't affilated with wikipedia. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a sherdog wiki with information about all of us.

Back