How would've Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson went?

I wish Rumble would’ve gotten his chance to punch Jones in the head at least once. If they did fight I think most likely Jones would have wore him down and submitted him.

Take away the steroid talk, whether or not he did take steriods through out his career, or not. How would've a fight between Jon Jones, and Anthony Johnson went? I'm sure a lot of people will say Rumble just because they don't like Jones, but me personally I think Rumble would've definitely had a chance especially because of his Nuclear Bombs for hands, but overall I think Jon wouldn't play his game, and stand in front of him. If DC was able to takedown, and control Rumble, I'm 110% sure Jon Jones would've done the same, if not worse.

Discuss Sherbros.
images

I think Cormier was a worse matchup for Rumble than Jones honestly. Jones could toss down and dominate lesser opponents but Rumble was very strong and explosive. DC is a better textbook wrestler IMO. I think Jon was gonna have to stand and bang longer than Daniel did.

Doesn’t mean Jones loses. He is long, cautious, has a good chin, is tricky to figure out and to catch clean, etc. Good fight, starts to favor Jones the longer it goes. But it really sucks we never saw it.

(GSP-Anderson, Tony-Khabib and Jones-Johnson are the three fights I think we missed out on most; Fedor-Whoever as well if that counts)

Take away the steroid talk, whether or not he did take steriods through out his career, or not. How would've a fight between Jon Jones, and Anthony Johnson went? I'm sure a lot of people will say Rumble just because they don't like Jones, but me personally I think Rumble would've definitely had a chance especially because of his Nuclear Bombs for hands, but overall I think Jon wouldn't play his game, and stand in front of him. If DC was able to takedown, and control Rumble, I'm 110% sure Jon Jones would've done the same, if not worse.

Discuss Sherbros.
images
Jones oblique kicks Rumbles knee to shreds before poking his eye out. Rumble overcommits on his haymaker right and Jones takes him down. A few elbows later, Crumble taps to an RNC. Jones then trolls his haters on Twitter before deleting his posts.

I think they would have met in the middle of the octagon to compare mug shots for domestic violence

View attachment 901847 View attachment 901848
After comparing Jones would avoid Rumble’s bombs and out wrestle him the whole time!

Looking at Anthony's face here is crazy.

Its unbelievable the amount of weight this dude has been able to lose and regain in his career.

Jones would have beat him easily and Sherdog would say he beat a welterweight.

uwmc28wihst41.jpg

Jones oblique kicks Rumbles knee to shreds before poking his eye out. Rumble overcommits on his haymaker right and Jones takes him down. A few elbows later, Crumble taps to an RNC. Jones then trolls his haters on Twitter before deleting his posts.

Yeah something like this, Jones uses kicks and distance to soften him up and then takes it down and wins in brutal fashion

Looking at Anthony's face here is crazy.

Its unbelievable the amount of weight this dude has been able to lose and regain in his career.

Jones would have beat him easily and Sherdog would say he beat a welterweight.

uwmc28wihst41.jpg
Very true about the Welterweight comment!

I think it would have gone similar to Jones vs Rampage. Yes Rampage was on the older end, but Jones was relatively young. Rumble would be fighting a more prime version of Jones.

IDT any (at least natural) LHW can beat the Jones who took out DC in their second fight.

Early on Jones would use his reach, destroy Rumbles knees and then would poke him in the eye one of two times. Rumble would punch the air a alot. They would clinch a few times.

Second round Rumble would start to suffer with his usual crap cardio. Jones would take him down. Rumble would give up his back like he usualy does when he mentaly break and Jones would RNC him with little resistence.

Back