Jon Jones never ducked Anthony Johnson

TheTribalQueef

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So, this tom aspinall stuff has led to a lot of accustions towards Jon Jones. Ok so first of all let me start off by saying I don't think Jon Jones is "ducking" Tom Aspinall. That's some delusional haters fantasy they've made up in their own mind; however, I do find it interesting that all of a sudden we have a lot of people making these weird lists of people Jon Jones has "ducked." That list being Anthony Johnson and francis ngannou. I keep hearing sentiments that Jon Jones ducked Anthony Johnson but last I remember right after AJ went on his winning streak and Jon Jones beat DC they were signed to fight eachother.

I understand a lot of fans hate and are jealous of resentful of Jon Jones but why pretend talk like you were an mma fan in a time period that you didn't even watch?

@Davidjacksonjones Rumble would have been a great fight :)

Maybe in the next life <bringit>

that would have been an amazing fight for sure! I see it ending similar to the DC Rumble fights. Rumble would probably get a few good shots in, Jones will sense the danger and use his wrestling and probably finish it by submission or ground and pound

Johnson wouldn't have laid a glove on him. He'd have quit before 5.

Jones didn't duck Anthony Johnson.

I believe he's "ducking" Aspinall, though, and I say "ducking" in quotation marks cuz, well, it's obvious that Jones is looking for a final fight against either someone who's an icon (Stipe) or the new big name on the scene (Pereira). But it's not really ducking. If Jones had the intention of keeping on fighting, he should (and would) fight Aspinall. But Aspinall isn't a name. He's got no legacy, and he's not the talk of the town as Alex is.

He did duck him it was obvious. He became good friends just so they wouldn’t fight
They were never "good friends" they just showed eachother respect lol. They talked about fighting all through Jons suspension but rumble either kept losing to dc and retired when Jons suspension was up.

Jones didn't duck Anthony Johnson.

I believe he's "ducking" Aspinall, though, and I say "ducking" in quotation marks cuz, well, it's obvious that Jones is looking for a final fight against either someone who's an icon (Stipe) or the new big name on the scene (Pereira). But it's not really ducking. If Jones had the intention of keeping on fighting, he should (and would) fight Aspinall. But Aspinall isn't a name. He's got no legacy, and he's not the talk of the town as Alex is.
I don't consider opting out for bigger fights ducking in any sense.

Jon ain't no duck. He's just really, reeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaally good at dragging things out so much that the guys he'd rather not fight either retire or leave the company.

I bet Jones would be so happy to read this thread,he'd try to put something in TS butthole.

He didn’t run from Johnson but he did hit-and-run from that pregnant lady which caused him to be stripped of his belt and suspended indefinitely.

He didn’t run from Johnson but he did hit-and-run from that pregnant lady which caused him to be stripped of his belt and suspended indefinitely.
Some would say thats an even more extreme measure to take just to get out of a fight.

Reactions: HHJ
Jon hasn't quit in a fight and I don't see Johnson making him quit, more wishful thinking from you.

I'm saying Anthony would have quit. Like he did in every single fight he wasn't winning except for his final fight.

Jones breaks wills in there.

Jones is absolutely ducking Aspinall, are you following his social media? That said, no he did not duck Rumble. His dumbass was drunk and driving yet again, he hit a pregnant lady and ran from the scene of the crime. That's even worse than ducking.

that would have been an amazing fight for sure! I see it ending similar to the DC Rumble fights. Rumble would probably get a few good shots in, Jones will sense the danger and use his wrestling and probably finish it by submission or ground and pound
the big question is if jones would be able to survive those blows if he can then he coasts by with a submission or a decision.

Back