How would've Jon Jones vs. Anthony Johnson went?

Jones never faced anyone with rumbles power and rumble can close the distance so easy to get in and land on that chin.

Put this into context, the way he put Glover out with one punch, the first punch. Gus had to eye poke and land +100 shots over 3 rounds to get the finish on Glover. Jones had the fight of his life against Gus and squeaked out a decision and which he was lucky to have gotten as it could easily have been given to Gus.

And then jones had wins over cormier when in the first fight he had the t levels of a little prepubescent girl and then... well he popped in the second fight so yeah.

I think rumble would finish jones easily, jones never faced anyone with that power rumble has.

Do you think rumble punches harder than a Rashad head kick?

When has Jones ever pressure wrestled and adjusted to wrestling against strikers (a past his prime Shogun might be the only time, and even then Jones outstruck him)? He has consistently been clipped by elite strikers like Machida and Gus, who are worse wrestlers than Rumble. Getting clipped once by Rumble can well be the end. Styles makes fights and Rumble is indeed a bad matchup for Jones.

Did a good job of beating DC at his own skillset DC never taken down until taken down by Jones and wrestled, and never lost in the cage doing something right in getting past other fighters strong points. You can bring up all the examples you like, my answer will always be Jon beat them...

How do you even compare these kind of circumstantial strikes? How much percentage of power was in that kick and what was the context behind it? Unless you are telling me that Rumble cannot knock out Jones with a clean punch ever or that Rashad cannot knockout Jones with a head kick in any context, then it really doesn't matter that a clean head kick is stronger than a clean punch, because the kick that landed on Jones was clearly not at full power.

Most likely ends up with Jones choking him out but Rumble could KO early. Jones would have to weather the storm

Did a good job of beating DC at his own skillset DC never taken down until taken down by Jones and wrestled, and never lost in the cage doing something right in getting past other fighters strong points. You can bring up all the examples you like, my answer will always be Jon beat them...

Jones took down DC through defensive wrestling (in that he caught DC's kicks and tripped him) until the 4th round when DC got tired. When DC decided to take Jones down, he also succeeded. Watch the fight. Jones did not outwrestle DC through pressure wrestling or pure wrestling. Jones certainly didn't beat Gus in punching, so what made you think he can beat Rumble in his strong point; striking?

Barely even trained brah.

<JonesLaugh>

You Jones fans sound so insecure about him struggling with Gus, it's pathetic haha. Yeah the 6'4 guy that didn't train for shit looked like this :

047_jon_jones_and_alexander_gustafsson.0.jpg

Jones nuttgobblers grasping at the straws at this point.

Rumble would break if he doesn't land a bomb in the first 2 rounds.

When has Jones ever pressure wrestled and adjusted to wrestling against strikers (a past his prime Shogun might be the only time, and even then Jones outstruck him)? He has consistently been clipped by elite strikers like Machida and Gus, who are worse wrestlers than Rumble. Getting clipped once by Rumble can well be the end. Styles makes fights and Rumble is indeed a bad matchup for Jones.

Jones used a heavy wrestling approach on Bader, Vera, Chael, and a few others. Jones tends to grapple the grapplers, unless he's up against wet noodle like TDD like Shogun. Rashad and Jones were about equal in the grappling department, but Jones had the reach, size, and was more verstile striking wise.

Though, Jones kinda used clinch work and the cage against DC and Glover, because he's strong there, too, so Jones can be a pressure guy depending on the fighter. Arguably, he's been using the clinch more since he fought Gus.

We've always known him to do trips and sweeps from there in the past, but "frequent" inside elbows and punches from there is relatively recent, but quite effective for him. DC made adjustments in the second fight, but Jon had a plan for that it seems.

DC had a lot of success against Gus on the inside. I don't think Jones would have missed that piece if Jon and Gus were to fight again. Jon was also punishing Gus later on in the fight with inside elbows. The grappling wasn't working, but those elbows...

Jones would possibly shoot on Rumble to mix things up, but I don't think that would be his main approach. Jon would strike with Rumble for a bit, probably go for the legs with kicks, survive the swarm, attempt to catck kicks, and look for a way to clinch up to do damage and/or bring it to the fence for more damage or a TD.

Gus didn't know what to do when Rumble was Teeing off on him from inside, Jon would have tied Rumble up like a boa constrictor to prevent further damage and look to return fire of his own. Jon knows how to stave off certain doom and fight through. I think that's one of his better qualities.

Rumble taken down and submitted within the distance

Easiest fight to pick ever

Jones took down DC through defensive wrestling (in that he caught DC's kicks and tripped him) until the 4th round when DC got tired. When DC decided to take Jones down, he also succeeded. Watch the fight. Jones did not outwrestle DC through pressure wrestling or pure wrestling. Jones certainly didn't beat Gus in punching, so what made you think he can beat Rumble in his strong point; striking?

Jon's a better smarter fighter that doesn't have to rely on earth shattering power to win a fight, where Johnson does.

You Jones fans sound so insecure about him struggling with Gus, it's pathetic haha. Yeah the 6'4 guy that didn't train for shit looked like this :

047_jon_jones_and_alexander_gustafsson.0.jpg

Jones nuttgobblers grasping at the straws at this point.

And I'm the one insecure you say

<36>

Jones fingers would be been buried deep in rumbles eyes

Jones used a heavy wrestling approach on Bader, Vera, Chael, and a few others. Jones tends to grapple the grapplers, unless he's up against wet noodle like TDD like Shogun. Rashad and Jones were about equal in the grappling department, but Jones had the reach, size, and was more verstile striking wise.

Though, Jones kinda used clinch work and the cage against DC and Glover, because he's strong there, too, so Jones can be a pressure guy depending on the fighter. Arguably, he's been using the clinch more since he fought Gus.

We've always known him to do trips and sweeps from there in the past, but "frequent" inside elbows and punches from there is relatively recent, but quite effective for him. DC made adjustments in the second fight, but Jon had a plan for that it seems.

DC had a lot of success against Gus on the inside. I don't think Jones would have missed that piece if Jon and Gus were to fight again. Jon was also punishing Gus later on in the fight with inside elbows. The grappling wasn't working, but those elbows...

Jones would possibly shoot on Rumble to mix things up, but I don't think that would be his main approach. Jon would strike with Rumble for a bit, probably go for the legs with kicks, survive the swarm, attempt to catck kicks, and look for a way to clinch up to do damage and/or bring it to the fence for more damage or a TD.

Gus didn't know what to do when Rumble was Teeing off on him from inside, Jon would have tied Rumble up like a boa constrictor to prevent further damage and look to return fire of his own. Jon knows how to stave off certain doom and fight through. I think that's one of his better qualities.

If you look at Jone's wrestling against all these fighters, other than one shoot in on Bader, which he got up at the end, all of them are clinch takedowns often mixed with strikes; and against clearly inferior wrestlers (and even then, Jones still struck with them for quite a bit). Jones does not pressure wrestle, period. Either the opponent choose to wrestle him and get taken down instead (like Chael and Bader), or Jones clinch them after a strike exchange and take them down. Rumble is a far better wrestler than those guys and if he choose to strike, the striking match will most likely go on because Jones does not pressure wrestle and Rumble will most likely stuff any isolated takedown attempts Jones tries. Rumble isn't helpless in the clinch and he has the strength to distance himself from Jones and strike. This can really go either way and Jones will be heavily tested.

All rumble would have needed to have done is touch jones’ chin. Would have been game over if that happened, and I think rumble would have found that chin easy.

Are you basing this on anything besides your dislike for Jones? Realistically Aj gets choked out in the second

Do you think rumble punches harder than a Rashad head kick?

headkicking a taller opponent to the right side of the lower side of the head/neck doesn't produce the same effect as thrusting a fist directly into the chin in a straight/curved line.

it's not just about measured power.

Are you basing this on anything besides your dislike for Jones? Realistically Aj gets choked out in the second
no, im basing this off the fact that rumble can end fights in lhw with a jab. he has retard power, its ridiculous.

this fight seems a lot closer now i think Jon s pride would have forced him to stand and bang with Rumble who is way more powerfull than Santos and Reyes but Jon has a way better chin than DC , now i kind a think Rumble could have anulated the wrestling factor at least early on he was a master at closing the distance and deceptive speed this figth would have been crazy

Very predictable. You know the thing with Rumble in big fights. Either stops you early on presents an opportunity to get stopped after the first round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fullmetalharts
Back