I’m loving the World Cup but dang

Yet you're in the other thread pretending to know about the sport.
Imagine being this thick

I pay attention to it zippy, I don't watch it.

Why don't you go somewhere and make more excuses for Messi not scoring in an entire World Cup.

He's a new rule for soccer:
If after 3 shots you miss, you get a free shot at goal from 40 yards out and no goalie to defend it.

There you go. THere would be tons of scoring and it would be soooo exciting!
Deal

i think a lot of you don't have experience with watching football.
acting hurt has been a fixture since forever, they even train them for it to make it look convincing.
personally i don't like it, but you're supposed to attract the attention of the ref.
you noticed that it didn't change since high def replays are a thing? because nobody gives a shit, including the players. if it works, you might give your team a win. if it doesn't, at most you make fun of it online.
i swear, it's only insecure americans i've ever heard complaining about this.
nobody in the rest of the world gives a shit.

What do expect, it’s a manlets sport
UFC has Knockouts so it’s always going to be UFC Bless > all the rest is 2nd best
The flopping, the corruption and the nil-nil matches,,I could do without

acting hurt has been a fixture since forever, they even train them for it to make it look convincing.
personally i don't like it, but you're supposed to attract the attention of the ref.
you noticed that it didn't change since high def replays are a thing? because nobody gives a shit, including the players. if it works, you might give your team a win. if it doesn't, at most you make fun of it online.
Neymar is playing CSGO dick deep in his sister rn and we’re arguing about whether the sport he plays is valid.

joke’s on us tbh

What do expect, it’s a manlets sport
UFC has Knockouts so it’s always going to be UFC Bless > all the rest is 2nd best
The flopping, the corruption and the nil-nil matches,,I could do without
In this subforum we talk about actual sports, not sports entertainment

Take field goals out of the equation and there would be hundreds of those.

The average TD per team in the NFL in 2021 was 2.5
Average goals per game in the PL was 2.8

I know more about sports than you. If you don't like soccer, just admit you're a child and carry on with your life of watching sweaty men roll around on a mat.

You can't take field goals out of the equation lol. Shows a lack of understanding about how the battle of field position and time of possession works in football too.

Wasn't even the main point I was talking about yet you latched onto it because you didn't have an actual counterargument. I was comparing it to basketball where they also flop. But in basketball the flop usually leads to 2 or 3 points out of 100+. Very rarely can you say the flop decided the game like you can in soccer.

I'm not going to bother replying further because quite honestly you don't know shit about fuck yet reek of insecurity. Peace.

You can't take field goals out of the equation lol. Shows a lack of understanding about how the battle of field position and time of possession works in football too.

Wasn't even the main point I was talking about yet you latched onto it because you didn't have an actual counterargument. I was comparing it to basketball where they also flop. But in basketball the flop usually leads to 2 or 3 points out of 100+. Very rarely can you say the flop decided the game like you can in soccer.

I'm not going to bother replying further because quite honestly you don't know shit about fuck yet reek of insecurity. Peace.
Imagine talking about possession as if it means nothing in soccer and then pretending to know anything about soccer. What’s the last soccer game “decided by a flop”? You cant name one, just arguing hypotheticals.

i don’t know what you’re fuckin crying about tbh. Nothing for me to be insecure about in this discussion; im more athletic, smarter and know more about sports than you.

I happily take the flopping over all the commercial breaks in US Sports. I love watching basketball but the amount of ads and breaks is insane in the NBA. I tried to get into the NFL but the constant breaks and ads make it impossible to me. 7 seconds action followed by 2 minute ad. I think you have to be born into it to not be bothered by it. Also i remembered that intentional flopping was illegal in soccer but havent yet seen it enforced or they changed the rules.

gabriel-jesus-soccer.gif

work-neymar.gif

That's not true at least in England. People used to absolutely despise divers but slowly over time and getting used to it people are less likely to hate players who do it than before.

Personally I still hate it and think it should be an instant red if you can go back on VAR and see someone clearly throws themselves over with no contact.

first it was like

but then it settled into

which was my point. it's settled into the sport.

People still don't respect it though and certain players in England still have a reputation as diving cunts. If you polled fans in England about the thing about the game they like the least then diving would win for the on pitch stuff at least.

People still don't respect it though and certain players in England still have a reputation as diving cunts. If you polled fans in England about the thing about the game they like the least then diving would win for the on pitch stuff at least.
it's irrelevant if people "respect" it. i don't respect it either. but so what?
it's a part of the sport and it's not going away.
clinging on to a potential ideal future is weird to me.

it's irrelevant if people "respect" it. i don't respect it either. but so what?
it's a part of the sport and it's not going away.
clinging on to a potential ideal future is weird to me.

I still think if you crack down on it you can at least limit it. A clear dive should be a red card. Certainly if it's to try and win a penalty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back