I’m not convinced Colby is the 2nd best WW in the world

Agree.

Colby has a deceiving record and if you look at his past opponents who has he really beat?

He's getting a lot of credit just his losses against Usman because it was somewhat competitive.

I assume he's calling out Poirer at WW, and that's another fight that even if he were to win, what would it really mean in terms of Colby's overall standing at WW? I think he's picks his matchups and opportunities very well.

He's just going for money at this point. He's not getting Usman again so might as well hit up big names he can beat.

I dont think he is chinny. I think his striking leaves him open quite often. Jorge hit him as clean as you can and he recovered immediately.

He recovered because Jorge was so gassed he could barely walk. Dude may have gotten back up quick and smiled, but he was wobbly as shit for a solid 30 seconds after that little hook landed.

I don't think he's got a good chin on him, he seems to get hurt every time I see him get hit flush.

Colby is a beast, is well rounded as they come, but Khamzat is the future of WW. If Khamzat lands the same hook that Mas did, Colby wakes up well after the bell rings.

I'm surprised out of all people to call out, he chooses poirier...pathetic.

He doesn't want to fight any top 5 in his division, knows he can't beat Usman, so he goes for a LW? Lol

I could see Sean Brady beating him at this point.

He recovered because Jorge was so gassed he could barely walk. Dude may have gotten back up quick and smiled, but he was wobbly as shit for a solid 30 seconds after that little hook landed.

I don't think he's got a good chin on him, he seems to get hurt every time I see him get hit flush.
I guess i cant remember a time he has gotten rocked by someone not named Usman until tonight. Usman has been putting everyone on skates.

Colby is a fantastic fighter. He won like 4 rounds vs Usman in their 10 rounds of fighting, no one else is even competitve with Kamaru

Let's not be dumb about this. Colby is intolerable and largely overrated because of a couple of out of character performances against Usman, but he's still one of the more talented welterweights. I also wouldn't question his chin quite yet. No, Mas isn't much of a one-shot guy, but he still has power and Colby recovered well. His chin may be cracking, but it's still there enough to be effective.

According to Sherdog, getting rocked and immediately recovering means you have a weak chin.

Ok

How in the fuck does Colby have a weak chin? Usman broke his fucking jaw and he fought competitively for another 2 rounds with it. Colby has a pretty damn good chin, imo.

You guys are confusing being hittable with being Chinny. Like I can't stand the bastard but he does not have a weak chin. You could argue him as #2 pretty easily. I personally believe he is #3. But his style is a real problem for alot of the top 10 guys.

I guess i cant remember a time he has gotten rocked by someone not named Usman until tonight. Usman has been putting everyone on skates.

Eh, I think Usman definitely has some power but he's far from some slick KO artist.

His power tends to get a bit overrated by people on this forum due to his Masvidal KO, which was dope don't get me wrong, but it was a perfect shot.

I'm not saying Colby's chin is complete glass, I just think it's average, at best. Dude almost always involved in these types of grapple fuck fights, whenever I've seen him forced to strike it usually ends with him getting wobbled.

Lol what? He’s clearly up their with Usman. He arguably beat Usman and has only been finished by an early stoppage where he broke his jaw.

He clearly lost both fights to Usman.

Colby has a nice resume and only 2 losses really and those to the same guy who has dominated everyone but Colby.

@J Danger wrong nothing was clear about either loss. Colby arguably won the last one and was winning until the 5th in the 1st before that early stoppage

His chin is super suspect, and his wrestling while elite doesn’t seem to match the more grapple finish rate that his wrestling peers have (except Usman)

I’m not convinced that he’s better than Gilbert,Vincente, or even Khazmat.

There’s a reason hes calling out Dustin
Perhaps he doesn't like Dustin, that seems to be a more logical conclusion

Back