I’m worried about the way Zhang fights

I’m a big fan of her. But the way she fought JJ reminds me of the way Cody fights. Girl just doesn’t care and will brawl anytime but that’s good if she’s confident in her skills but if she fights like that just cause she likes to brawl? Oh man. What do you guys think?

Edit: Also, I hope I’m wrong about Zhang that she fights similarly to Cody.

Also, I would like to take this chance to say that the fans of JJ are worse than Conor’s fans, a lose is a lose. Been hearing people say JJ got robbed twice from Zhang and Rose. Significant strikes don’t mean anything if JJ looked like a damaged can compared to her opponents lol.

What the hell are you talking about. She fought that way because she had to, not because she likes it. Her takedowns were all stuffed, she had to stay on the feet against a fast girl with longer reach, there's not much to add, to hit JJ she'd need to get punched too.

Zhang does take damage, and chins fade with time. She seemed to have to have gotten stunned sometimes, and Joanna is very far from a power puncher even tho she's very technical, I think Rose whoops Zhang and possibly stops her, Tatiana might also have a good chance

I don't think Rose will have much of a chance against Weili. Rose might have JJ's number, but I don't see how she would beat Weili. Also Rose has to face Jessica again first, and I'm not sure Rose has gotten rid of her demons from their last fight yet.

Tatiana on the other hand, if the injury didn't take too big of a toll on her, might have too good wrestling for Weili.

I dont see her getting past Rose or a JJ rematch but she could probably beat Suarez.

She has a ton of heart and great skill but I don't see her wracking up title defenses

I’m a big fan of her. But the way she fought JJ reminds me of the way Cody fights. Girl just doesn’t care and will brawl anytime but that’s good if she’s confident in her skills but if she fights like that just cause she likes to brawl? Oh man. What do you guys think?

Also, I would like to take this chance to say that the fans of JJ are worse than Conor’s fans, a lose is a lose. Been hearing people say JJ got robbed twice from Zhang and Rose. Significant strikes don’t mean anything if JJ looked like a damaged can compared to her opponents lol.
Yeah, rushing in head first with your hands at your waist or ribcage is just insane in professional MMA. She's managed to rise to champ status with that style, but she'd be wise (and her family and loved ones, and future self would thank her) to learn some striking defense - head movement, evasive footwork, blocking, parrying, etc..

Huge fan of hers but why destroy your brain unnecessarily??

Why do you have such disdain for the Just Bleed God??? He has blessed us with Zhang and we should pay tribute...

<Deported1>

No woman ever is more skilled than Garbrandt, despite him being KO'd 3 times in a row by top opposition at male bantamweight.

Fuck, no woman ever is more skilled than, say, Rob Font.

(not saying Zhang is bad for WMMA standards, she's quite elite, one of the best we've seen)
lol are you being serious with this? You think Garbrandt is more skilled than Nunes? Valentina? Joanna? Technique wise they are superior to him IMO.

<Deported1>

No woman ever is more skilled than Garbrandt, despite him being KO'd 3 times in a row by top opposition at male bantamweight.

Fuck, no woman ever is more skilled than, say, Rob Font.

(not saying Zhang is bad for WMMA standards, she's quite elite, one of the best we've seen)
What dude? That sounds so stupid. Joanna and Weili are both far more skilled than the vast majority of male fighters in the ufc. You are absolutely crazy to suggest that isn’t true.
This is for @efreshe123 as well

Last edited:
She’s more skilled and a LOT disciplined than Garbrandt

Plus she has what seems to be an iron chin

No man. Shes like a female Paulo Costa. Cody Garbrandt is a peanut brain who swings wildly and gets knocked out. Weili has great technique. Joanna is just a muay thai world champion so her technique is better. Weili was just more durable and hits harder.
I would actually say that Garbrandt is a better technician, at least on the feet, even taking the usual differences between women's and men's mma into the equation.
I will agree though that Cody fights horribly dumb at times, which is not something you can say about Weili, who so far always had a good approach to her fights.
Besides that, Zhang is way stronger (relative to their opponents) and most likely more durable than Cody.

I've said this before she fights like wandy while he was on a get KO'd spree. It was a great fight, she has heart, the only reason she didnt lose was because she hits harder than jj. I thought she was gassed, beaten up and done a few times.

I like Zhang, but this. Rose was always gonna get her belt back, it's just gonna be from Zhang instead of mini Cyborg.

lol. Rose is getting slammed through the mat yet, again. Rose was losing the second round before the slam. The kicks were chewing her up, and draining her energy bar every single strike. Rose cannot keep Andrade off of her. That’s it.

The false narratives of SD never cease to amaze me. Just because it’s women, don’t judge a fight by who you’d rather bang. Especially since none of these women would ever give you a second glance.

I don't think Rose will have much of a chance against Weili. Rose might have JJ's number, but I don't see how she would beat Weili. Also Rose has to face Jessica again first, and I'm not sure Rose has gotten rid of her demons from their last fight yet.

Tatiana on the other hand, if the injury didn't take too big of a toll on her, might have too good wrestling for Weili.
If Rose's head is in the game, she'll find Zhang's chin or choke her out. Same reason why she lost the Andrade fight, she lost the belt and was talking about the burden it was and even talking about retirement. If her fire is back and she's training as hard as she used to, not many people can stop her. Zhang can definitly beat her but i don't think it's going to happen if she does indeed get past Andrade who i personally believe is a tougher match-up for her

Because she was not able to control fight, and was not agressor most of time, she also took beating of her life, JJ was better everywhere, stop fooling youreself.

she was punched a lot because it was against joanna. most other female fighters cannot connect like joanna does.
if they fight again, i'll probably pick joanna via very close ud (picked zhang in the 1st fight). and i think rose will decision zhang via great game plan as well.

Because she was not able to control fight, and was not agressor most of time, she also took beating of her life, JJ was better everywhere, stop fooling youreself.
Understood. The inferior fighter looks a lot more messed up than her opponent is better everywhere than the opponent. Looking like an alien is also one of the attributes of being strong. Noted sir.

Zhang would be unstoppable if she chooses to train at one of the elite training gyms in the US. Its good that both Tony and Cejudo both offer to train her

Even if she does fight like no dad, she has way less killers to deal with than Cody did. I think her only threat at this point is Rose, and maybe Gadelha/Suarez. She just fought the hardest fight she is gonna have in the division imo. Who knows what Rose will look like in her next fight.

You are worrying about WMMA?

And are people serious about Zhang’s skills being better than Cody’s. Maybe she has got a better fight IQ but that is about it.

Understood. The inferior fighter looks a lot more messed up than her opponent is better everywhere than the opponent. Looking like an alien is also one of the attributes of being strong. Noted sir.
Dude you're simpleton if you think so, it;s last line of defence,look. Hematoma was caused by headbutt, why some injury should decide about who won fight, maybe jsut forget about scoring, judges...just beatuty contest after fight and we will have winner, UFC should think about it, their stupid fans will eat it up. 4-1 and it wasn't even close, your girl lost 5 years of life in this fight,so you should worry about her.

Back