I call upon the power of Sherdog to help me not watch ads on youtube

YouTube just needs to stop asking me if I'm still listening 2 minutes into every song...

I was with you up to the part about your wife watching carpet munching videos but then I got distracted.

As other has said... Brave browser.
Its 2023 and if you dont use Brave its on you.

They are going to completely block Brave. There's no escape.

I just got bullied into 13.99 a month. Oh well. At least I won't have ads on my phone at work anymore. Still not happy about it.

They are going to completely block Brave. There's no escape.

I just got bullied into 13.99 a month. Oh well. At least I won't have ads on my phone at work anymore. Still not happy about it.

Absolute quitter

I havent got any ads on Youtube unless I'm on my phone.

Hey guys hey, it's your old friend, Clippy

my wife has anxiety and needs to watch uninterrupted carpet cleaning videos to be able to sleep

But suddenly

halfmil.png

Like come on - I'm not watching your ads even if you make me - the loss for YT is minuscule

look at this shit:

halfmil.png

They want me to see half million ads?

Please guys I come to the greatest think tank on this internet for solution

U got this
I know a guy who uses Brave and it works for YT ads. I for one just pay premium.

Get virtual reality goggles and let’s watch music Cicero’s together clips

On my phone I use YouTube Vanced. Basically it's like premium but it's free. No adds, background playback, etc. They have one for music too so I don't need Spotify anymore. It's easy to find out there just search.

The Youtube ad situation has changed over the years, used to just be 1 skippable ad back in the day, then like 2-3 in recent years with 1 likely not skippable.. these days it can be never ending if you don't skip, like 4 adverts back-to-back or a low budget hour and a half long advert about what Doctors aren't telling you about aliens in the pyramids, adverts with silent static screens for minutes at the end, ads with way louder volume than the video you are watching.. Absolutely love it all me, can't wait to see what the future holds for Youtube ads.

I just got the premium free trial to use on my kitchen tv. I used to have my laptop hooked up to it, or would just use the laptop to watch Youtube in there, as I use it so much. One of my computers died, so I had to bring my laptop in that room. I can always bring it back and forth for the time being, but that's too much work.

I tried the tv YT app, and the ads are preposterous. I never see ads on any of my computers, but they can slip in on my phone at the beginning, never during a video watch though. What they have natively is insane, worse than anything tv ever had. @Tito Tapped thx for the suggestion, I'm going to try YT vanced for my phone. Is it a pain to set up?

I'm really liking the app on my tv though. If youtube weren't such cunts to creators, I'd give them some money and pay for the sub. The scumbags they promote, and the way they demonetize hypocritically constantly, I just can't support them, outside the views I give.

I just got the premium free trial to use on my kitchen tv. I used to have my laptop hooked up to it, or would just use the laptop to watch Youtube in there, as I use it so much. One of my computers died, so I had to bring my laptop in that room. I can always bring it back and forth for the time being, but that's too much work.

I tried the tv YT app, and the ads are preposterous. I never see ads on any of my computers, but they can slip in on my phone at the beginning, never during a video watch though. What they have natively is insane, worse than anything tv ever had. @Tito Tapped thx for the suggestion, I'm going to try YT vanced for my phone. Is it a pain to set up?

I'm really liking the app on my tv though. If youtube weren't such cunts to creators, I'd give them some money and pay for the sub. The scumbags they promote, and the way they demonetize hypocritically constantly, I just can't support them, outside the views I give.

I don't remember it being difficult to set up at all. I can control it from my phone and play it off my TV. When I try and watch on my laptop and get ads it's horribly painful. I have a few monthly Paterons for creators I really enjoy anyways.

The cunts on youtube have set up this ad block blocker, or detector, or whatever you want to call it, so now I've watched my 3 videos for the day and can watch no more. Mfers.

<DisgustingHHH>

No on Firefox and ublock origin I’m getting the video player will be disabled. For me if you log out of your YT account it still works.

The cunts on youtube have set up this ad block blocker, or detector, or whatever you want to call it, so now I've watched my 3 videos for the day and can watch no more. Mfers.

<DisgustingHHH>
Log out of your account and tell me if it works for you.

This is an awful lot of energy to go through because you can't wait 5 seconds and then click on Skip Ad.

I think watching any kind of screen to get to sleep is the real issue here. Listen to an audio book instead, like me. I'm always right.

Back