I don't understand Ngannou beef with the UFC

I don't know how coming back to the UFC would work for him.

Dana being who he is would probably lowball him badly if the division moves on and he's no longer that relevant to them.

Especially if he loses his shine over some boxing defeats.
What is Dana supposed to do if Francis comes back?? Way over pay him? That's stupid.

Ufc lawsuit says otherwise. The sheer amount of critical thinking you must be lacking to think any of those fighters, besides conor, ever got close to 20 million

I like how you quote a fake source then result to just insulting me to make your point.

Cool story. You sound like a winner IRL.

UFC shills working overtime repeating the same talking points. Dana and Hunter must be throwing fits. The guy they couldn't break is being talked about by all major promotions and stars in boxing. Must be infuriating. At least you have your shill army to bash him – led by Shill Sonnen.

It's too bad Dana lost his hair a long time ago or we could watch it slowly fall out from stress. Oh well, at least Slap Fighting has been a success <45>

What is Dana supposed to do if Francis comes back?? Way over pay him? That's stupid.
Pretty hard to overpay a headliner on a UFC PPV that would gross tens of millions of dollars.
I like how you quote a fake source then result to just insulting me to make your point.

Cool story. You sound like a winner IRL.
The UFC's internal documents are a fake source? So you're telling me that the UFC, in a lawsuit where they are accused of suppressing wages, decided to submit false documents that undersell how much it pays its fighters? Wow, what a brilliant strategy.

Hint: The art of trolling requires some believability and not just lazy shitposting. Try harder if you're going to spout nonsense.

If I had a choice to make decent money and enjoy whatever perceived prestige fighting in the UFC brings, or make more money hustling between one off boxing matches and fighting in the lower tier orgs I'd leave the UFC too. Whether or not it works out for Francis remains to be seen though. I wish him well.

He was happy with the money in there offer it was around 7.5 mill upwards..

People or kids in this generation dont understerstand somone who stands for what they believe in and wants to make a change. He also wanted the option to box which ultimately led him to leaving the ufc contract basically would own him and his rights

it's literally all he said she said type of BS and everyone is latching onto every rumor. ngannou said F U to the UFC and now the UFC is putting out all of this "information," trying to sour the fans reception. classic move from the UFC and all the noobs are eating it up faster than a f it friday dana abomination.

8 million is chump change when you can make 20M.
8 million is just the base pay, he could've been walking away with 15 - 20 million per bout for all we know, there are also less contractor costs involved compared to boxing as the UFC is it's own promotion with it's own belts. I don't dispute boxing pays marginally more money but there are cases where some of the guys at the top of the UFC are making some very good money for a prize fighter.

8 million is just the base pay, he could've been walking away with 15 - 20 million per bout for all we know, there are also less contractor costs involved compared to boxing as the UFC is it's own promotion with it's own belts. I don't dispute boxing pays marginally more money but there are cases where some of the guys at the top of the UFC are making some very good money for a prize fighter.

That's if you believe Dana White who has historically been a scumbag and pathological liar.

He never went into detail about the clauses and restrictions in this contract and if the UFC had leverage to renegotiate if Ngannou lost.

I don't buy it. Ngannou will make more outside of the UFC without being tied down.

If you don't get it you don't get it. There's nothing to discuss.

I mean Ngannou came from one of the poorest place in the world

Working in digging sand mine as a kid

Came to France, then USA, became a fighter, win a lot of money

But still asking 30 m a fight to the ufc ? then leave because not payed enough?

I mean, i agree to say that the ufc might not pay most of their fighter enough

but champ at the top of the food chain are quite payed well, can win million per fight, is that not enough for a guy who worked in a sand mine few years ago?

with the hype and run he made he could easily win 1 to 5 milions per fight signing a new contract, is that not enough? honestly?

I think he became crazy about money, completely disconnected, i could understand if it came from an american fighter, but from a guy who worked in a sand mine ten years ago? really?

Discuss

it's about getting paid what you're worth on the market. the fact that he's going to make a lot more money than he would have if he stayed in the ufc, is proof that he made the right decision. dana white, if he were in ngannou's shoes, would do the exact same thing. they're all about making money. they don't fight and lose brain cells for glory. at least most don't, lol.

Pretty hard to overpay a headliner on a UFC PPV that would gross tens of millions of dollars.

The UFC's internal documents are a fake source? So you're telling me that the UFC, in a lawsuit where they are accused of suppressing wages, decided to submit false documents that undersell how much it pays its fighters? Wow, what a brilliant strategy.

Hint: The art of trolling requires some believability and not just lazy shitposting. Try harder if you're going to spout nonsense.
What are you basing Francis draw power on? The ufc

If Francis comes knocking the UFC is not going to offer him as much as they did before he left.

What are you basing Francis draw power on? The ufc
He clearly adds some value to PPVs, otherwise they wouldn't have used his champion's clause to keep him with the promotion past his contracted fights. Not to mention there would be considerable buzz around a legit HW champ crossing over.

Also people wildly conflate drawing power with revenue generation. A boxer of fighter who sells half a million PPVs is creating tens of millions in gross revenue.
If Francis comes knocking the UFC is not going to offer him as much as they did before he left.
Maybe, maybe not, no way of knowing

I like how the same people that accuse Ali of being a snake and a liar are willing to 100% believe some screenshot of a text message of him supposedly talking about a fighter, whom he does not manage, asking for a certain dollar amount.

Francis is 36 and the lifespan of a HW is like 4 months. OmG uFc sTuPiD dAnA pAyS pEaNuTs fIgHteRs nEeD a UnIoN!1!! WhY WoNt FrAnCiS fIgHt ThO???!!11!?

Fucking. Morons.

Uh yeah there is, if they weren't going to overpay him to keep him, they aren't going to overpay him when he will be worth less.
It's combat sports, weirder shit has happened. McGregor came back a bigger star and with bigger purses after getting thrashed. Maybe no one accepts Gane or Jones as the champ, maybe Jones wins and then immediately passes hit or does something stupid. Maybe the court case doesn't go how the UFC wants.

I don't see much point in speculating on whether or not Ngannou is coming back given that's a couple years out, if at all. That was the gist of my comment.

McGregor wasn't weirder. You're just dumb. McGregor had/has massive appeal outside of UFC. Francis does not. Jones fighting at heavyweight has already washed Francis leaving out of media and casuals chit chat. The only place Francis has any sway is in the minds of Dana haters.

Back