I hate Apple computers

I can't stand them in IT either. We had one lady who constantly had issues connecting to the terminal server on her Mac. What does she do? Goes out and buys a new Mac. Meanwhile every single user in the company with a windows PC has never had issues working remotely.

:) I have the same problem. For me personally, the Windous operating system is more familiar and more comfortable than any other.

Personally, I am growing on Linux/Ubuntu. This is sounding dumb but being able to copy and paste commands at terminal is easier than going through some long ass guide step by step as to how to change something. When I have problems, I just find someone else who had the same problem and copy their shit and I am in business. I get so tired of digging through the Control Panel or wherever to find some obscure option. With linux I just copy like a dozen commands and paste it.

My computer savvy nephew is the same way. If I have a computer question, first I get to hear how much he dislikes Apple computers before he helps out with the problem.
Sounds like a good guy.

Macs are the worst

I bought a Mac for my parents because they can't break it. It's awesome when I just yell at them over the phone to read the screen and follow the instructions.

I make big ass folder icons on the desktop saying MOM and DAD's shit. Along with google link. It really makes my life easier. It's like the roles switched. I can remember my parents getting mad at me for breaking the home computer for downloading cracked games when I was a little kid.

apple fucking sucks. shitty laptops with lots of issues. not like PC’s are any better though.

I've been a computer enthusiast/nerd for more than 30 years (to the point where I build my own custom water cooling loops etc.), but if you sit me in front of a Mac desktop, I don't even know how to do the simplest of tasks - I was trying to set up an external monitor on my friends macbook, and I had to google how to access the display settings so that I could change the resolution.

The iPad OS seems much more intuitive, but I have no idea why serious content creators continue to use Macs. Even the $6000 Mac Pro with the M2 Ultra lost soundly in all benchmarks when compared to high end PC (13900k + 4080)... which cost 1/3rd the price. The new case also looks like a cheese grater.

Fucking Mac's.

giphy.gif

I work in tech and I can't explain why they're supposedly more secure than Windows devices but it's just harder to do anything. I would make a copy of a .txt file and it saves is as "name.txt copy" and then I have to rename it. How stupid is that set up?

Even simple shit I have to google, like how to find file locations. The odd thing is that so much companies use Mac hardware and Windows apps. When I open an excel file on a Mac it takes about five seconds. How the fuck is that efficient in any way?

<JonesDXSuckIt>

I think they are/were more secure b/c big time hackers don't waste their time trying to figure out how to hack less than 5% of the enterprise machines.

@lsa just bought a Mac Pro and has been bragging about it to me. He's gotten really annoying as he is only using it to watch cat videos on YouTube.

Thats all its good for. I mean its a Mac Pro after all.

Fucking Mac's.

giphy.gif

I work in tech and I can't explain why they're supposedly more secure than Windows devices but it's just harder to do anything. I would make a copy of a .txt file and it saves is as "name.txt copy" and then I have to rename it. How stupid is that set up?

Even simple shit I have to google, like how to find file locations. The odd thing is that so much companies use Mac hardware and Windows apps. When I open an excel file on a Mac it takes about five seconds. How the fuck is that efficient in any way?

<JonesDXSuckIt>
Two iphone, two iPad, 2 MacBook Pro household...pry them out of my bleeding hands, motherfucker. I don't care how much they cost, they work.And that's all I want.

Gosh I had a MS laptop for a few months and husband bought me another Macbook Pro out of hearing me tut too much. Apart from that I haven't had anything else since the first iphone.

Used to make music with logic pro hence I had an iMac. It's ok, I guess, but too expensive for what it is and got fed up of using parallels all the time. I switched back to Windows/PC and use other daws instead. Never looked back.
Wife has iPad tho, women seem to love Apple stuff for whatever reason.

Last edited:
On the high end, you get a lot more computer for the same price with PC's. That and gaming, so I can't do Apple.

Apple used to be more secure because less people use it, so people devoted to make more malware and virus for PC, it wasn't because Apple had superior hardware or software. I don't know if the security thing is still true today.

I had a Word or Excel doc and working normal on one computer and on newer computer, fonts showed up as gibberish when printing to PDF regardless of putting the same fonts on both computers. Turns out on newer computer, it often goes back to insisting on only relying on certain fonts instead of what's specified in the doc. It's really irritating. Fucking Windows.

Apples are too limited when it comes to upgradability. You can swap out virtually every component in a pc and have an obscene amount of ports and internal drive space. Also, there is much more software available for pcs. They are also insanely cheaper. My $1,600 build is superior to my friends $3,800 apple setup. Am I more likely to get a virus? Yes. Luckily for me I am adept at getting rid of them and/or recovering my pc myself so that gets negated.

I turned to the dark side, no regrets so far. Macbook Air, iphone, Apple Watch. All works seamlessly

Back