I HATE ESPN

Tiger's still playing? I feel like he was a big deal when I was a kid, 25 years ago.
He was this year. I think he’s hurt and out for a while again. Don’t take that for the gospel. I could be way wrong. His days as top dog are long gone.

I set my DVR to record tonights prelims and main card. When I got home, I turned it on and there was college baseball on, so I didn't record any of the fights. Then I went to ESPN news, and saw two fights there. Then, college womens softball came on, and the fights went back to ESPN. I hate it, how ESPN puts all these fight nights on, stacked with 80% fighters I've never heard of, and put them on numerous other ESPN variation stations. It's impossible to DVR them! THEN, they are also the ones who have raised the PPV by $30-40 dollars since taking over, and again offering watered down PPV's, for the most part. I for one, can't wait for their UFC contract with ESPN to end, and hopefully go somewhere else. I hate ESPN. Is it just me?
You don't have ESPN+?

ESPN has really never taken MMA seriously and will literally televise every other sport before airing it on Live TV. Even MMA related talk shows were streamed online rather than Live TV…

If you want to watch a UFC card, you’ll need to get ESPN+ instead.

I set my DVR to record tonights prelims and main card. When I got home, I turned it on and there was college baseball on, so I didn't record any of the fights. Then I went to ESPN news, and saw two fights there. Then, college womens softball came on, and the fights went back to ESPN. I hate it, how ESPN puts all these fight nights on, stacked with 80% fighters I've never heard of, and put them on numerous other ESPN variation stations. It's impossible to DVR them! THEN, they are also the ones who have raised the PPV by $30-40 dollars since taking over, and again offering watered down PPV's, for the most part. I for one, can't wait for their UFC contract with ESPN to end, and hopefully go somewhere else. I hate ESPN. Is it just me?

Yeah trying to DVR prelims on ESPN sucks donkey ass. There's usually some baseball or basketball game that goes over and you end up missing the first few fights. Only way to get around it is to be home when the prelims start, turn on your TV and check if the fights are on. If they're not, there's usually a flashing banner tellling you that fights are being aired on ESPNNews. So you have to manually switch recording to that.

But I don't see UFC going with anyone else. They traded up from Spike TV to Fox Sports to ESPN and unfortunately, there's no higher sports partner than ESPN.

When UFC was on FOX Sports 1, UFC was their #1 mistress. Now UFC is the redheaded stepson of ESPN.

I miss the weekly Fox Sports 1 news segments with Florian, Bisping and others talking about MMA with other fighters. The fighters got to show more of their personalities and humor.

Last edited:
I miss the weekly Fox Sports 1 news segments with Florian, Bisping and others talking about MMA with other fighters. The fighters got to show more of their personalities and humor.
Now, you have no idea what time that's on on ESPN, if they have it.

giphy.gif

I don't like ESPN but this is Dana and the UFC changing the model. The PPV model is dead. This is the future of MMA. Sell some PPV's with low numbers and a lot Apex cards mixed in with a few Fight Night cards in various locations. It's a business first and sport second.

Now, you have no idea what time that's on on ESPN, if they have it.

I don't think ESPN does anything - the only mention I've seen are random sports analysts taking 30 seconds to report the results of the latest UFC card before talking about baseball or some shit. The closest I've found is the weekly Good Guy/Bad Guy podcast with DC and Chael that's actually pretty good, but not as good as what they used to do on Fox Sports 1.

Yes, but I'm an old fart who likes to watch the traditional way, of just turning on the TV and watching.
If you don't have a smart TV you can get a Roku for like $10 and you can pull the apps up on your TV

That's what I have in my living room. Then you can watch Netflix or whatever other apps you want. Then you can watch the entire events afterwards or pause them and rewind in real time.

Back