I hate the way the interviewer starts leaving while the interview is still going.

I still don't see how this affects the production negatively by them standing there for an extra 3 seconds.

Maybe you should go work in broadcasting. You could learn a thing or two and stop whining about nonsense on public forums.

Maybe you should go work in broadcasting. You could learn a thing or two and stop whining about nonsense on public forums.

All you've done in this thread is tell me how I don't know how broadcasting works, but then never actually explain how what I'm saying affects the broadcast.

Just say you actually have no idea what you're on about and move on, lad.

I'm not wrong.

You also don't know anything about what you're talking about either. That's why you keep trying to dodge the question.

How come you can't explain how exactly DC and Felder not waiting around to finish what they're saying is going to affect the broadcast?

All us Sherbros are waiting with baited breath for you to educate us upon this matter.

Shit, I might not even sleep tonight unless I get some answers, brother.

You also don't know anything about what you're talking about either. That's why you keep trying to dodge the question.

How come you can't explain how exactly DC and Felder not waiting around to finish what they're saying is going to affect the broadcast?

All us Sherbros are waiting with baited breath for you to educate upon this matter.

I work in entertainment media, but not broadcast media. The concept of scheduling isn't lost on me however.

My guess is that they're on a schedule, DC and Felder have been instructed to get out of there as quickly as possible (probably a specific number of questions asked and answered) to make sure that some random fighter no one has heard of gives a 6 minute speech about Jesus and holds up the production.

DC being the company guy that he is, doesn't want to rock the boat and takes it a step further by anticipating the end of a fighter's answer to the last question and leaks out of there early.

-OR-

All of the above PLUS some producer dork is in their ear telling them "GO! GO! GO!" ... If the behavior is as consistent as you say it is, then I'm going with the producer dork theory.

There. Now you can stop whining about something that impacts no one.

All us Sherbros are waiting with baited breath for you to educate us upon this matter.

Wait until you see Tito Ortiz interviewing after fights.

Then you really going to have questions.

I work in entertainment media, but not broadcast media. The concept of scheduling isn't lost on me however.

My guess is that they're on a schedule, DC and Felder have been instructed to get out of there as quickly as possible (probably a specific number of questions asked and answered) to make sure that some random fighter no one has heard of gives a 6 minute speech about Jesus and holds up the production.

DC being the company guy that he is, doesn't want to rock the boat and takes it a step further by anticipating the end of a fighter's answer to the last question and leaks out of there early.

-OR-

All of the above PLUS some producer dork is in their ear telling them "GO! GO! GO!" ... If the behavior is as consistent as you say it is, then I'm going with the producer dork theory.

Plus it's not three seconds.

At the end of three, they would just carry on.

This is why they will not relinquish the mic to the fighter too.

TS needs help, but not the kind of help we can provide.

Joe doesn't scurry out of there like DC and Felder do, so props to Joe for standing up to "the truck".
Joe is more comfortable with loudly cutting them off instead. The others do what they have to to get the same effect.

-OR-

Mate, you could have said all that perfectly reasonable stuff from the start instead of making me dig it out of you lol.

I do in fact understand scheduling for broadcast and have some minor training in it, both for tv and a tiny bit for radio, and agree that your explanations are the exact reason for why they do it.

But the way I was taught was that it if something is odd enough that some people are noticing it and it's taking away from the intended display, then that itself is a problem with the production. And this is certainly something that I and others have noticed. It seems like a little thing, but little things add up. I'm an art director and this seems like a glaring fault to someone like me. The equivalent stand out things in the areas I've worked in (games and feature film), would never get signed off on by me.

I think your producer dork theory is likely correct + worrying about fighters taking over. In which case, they need to put things in place to better control the interviews, because what they're doing now is noticeable, and that's not good.

I'm not really whining either. This is just interesting to me lol.

Mate, you could have said all that perfectly reasonable stuff from the start instead of making me dig it out of you lol.

I do in fact understand scheduling for broadcast and have some minor training in it, both for tv and a tiny bit for radio, and agree that your explanations are the exact reason for why they do it.

But the way I was taught was that it if something is odd enough that some people are noticing it and it's taking away from the intended display, then that itself is a problem with the production. And this is certainly something that I and others have noticed. It seems like a little thing, but little things add up. I'm an art director and this seems like a glaring fault to someone like me. The equivalent stand out things in the areas I've worked in (games and feature film), would never get signed off on by me.

I think your producer dork theory is likely correct + worrying about fighters taking over. In which case, they need to put things in place to better control the interviews, because what they're doing now is noticeable, and that's not good.

I'm not really whining either. This is just interesting to me lol.

This is a very disingenuous thread you've started here.

Back