I hope we can stop the FRAUD talk about volk being FW's Goat

No, you tried to be edgy by rushing in with the first dumb reply. Well done.

Tell me more about noob arguments and casuals, you ridiculous tool.

Been here since 2006 and you still aren't aware of what trolling looks like. A special kind of stupid.

Tell me more about noob arguments and casuals, you ridiculous tool.

Been here since 2006 and you still aren't aware of what trolling looks like. A special kind of stupid.
Well they usually have post Conor era join dates, and when you get them worked up they usually resort to name calling.

Well they usually have post Conor era join dates, and when you get them worked up they usually resort to name calling.

Ah yes. *I* am the one who is worked up here. Just face it, you bit hook, line and sinker. You really ought to have known better, buddeh.

I really don't give two shits or a fuck who holds this imaginary made up fanboy title.

War Aldo. War Volk.

Any disparagement on these august persons shall be swiftly dealt with.

enjoy the GOAT conversations or get out, lil bro

not calling volk a fraud, he's a alltime great, what i'm calling a fraud is the idea that his FW run was better than aldo's, it wasn't

aldo lost on the h2h to all the other 3 fw "GOATS", but he had the best career of all of them, he 's the division GOAT

I am a huge Aldo fan and watched his run before he won the belt in WEC. But I have a hard time calling Aldo the goat at FW considering that he lost to Max 2x, Conor and Volk. And those fights were as clear as it gets, he got finished 3x. As accomplished as Aldo is at FW with title wins and a long win streak, there is an element of being better than everyone that has to be considered when talking divisional goats. And if Aldo lost to one of those guys, fine, but all 3?? I can't say he's the goat at FW.

Comparing Aldo's run to Volk? I think Aldo had the better run at FW than Volk, considering what he did in WEC and UFC, he was more accomplished. But I think that Volk was the better fighter. Not only did he beat Aldo, he beat the man that beat Aldo 2x in three fights.

In terms of goat, if I had to decide, gotta go with Volk.

That is 100% true.
That said, you speak as if Volk had a weak resume. It's shorter than Aldo's, but by like 3 defenses.

Don't just lump the Holloway wins into one. Max had two opportunities to go back to the drawing board to get the win. He did much better the second time, then completely outclassed in the third. Max was also gobbling up all the other potential contenders in the weight class.
The reason they fought 3 times is because 2 of them weren't convincing. Aldo has a legendary resume. Trying to downplay his legacy for losing to Volk is gonna backfire when Topuria wins the rematch and puts a few title defenses together.

Get some fresh air. Say hello to a pretty woman.

Volk beat Aldo so he absorbs all dem title defenses, same with Max.

Ilia is the real GOAT, fam. Mans got like 19 defenses

Ah yes. *I* am the one who is worked up here. Just face it, you bit hook, line and sinker. You really ought to have known better, buddeh.
So your reasoning is you were just trolling?

Even more lame, it’s 2024 ffs, “turteen seconds” is not witty or funny, it’s just redundant and played out.

I still have Aldo. Unless Volk comes back and gets a belt. It's not even a debate. Longevity of the belt is really starting to shine the older this sport gets.

I keep telling you people..

It’s noobs that do this. They never saw fighters like DJ, Aldo, GSP, and Silva during their huge runs. So they don’t have any GOATs of their own. So they feel left out.

So that’s why Tyron was the GOAT. Usman was the GOAT. Izzy was the GOAT. And Alex V was the GOAT. They want a GOAT of their very own that they’ve watched fight and win for the last few years (relatively).

Nobody has even come close to approaching what the fighters on my list did. They were all a few or more defences away from the real GOATs.

Clear FW goat, beat every candidate and showed biggest difference in level. Also, opponents in Aldo’s run were never more impressive.

when his reign consists of max holloway(great wins) and three wins over guys not on winning streaks(yair, korean zombie and brian ortega)

this is some USMAN level padding

Aldo remain the FW GOAT
Usman and volk have basically the same career. Alexander "the stylebender" usman. All this eras champs are frauds.

Volk, Aldo and Max are all neck and neck for me. Max has more wins against top opponents than Volk but losing to Volk 3x isn't good.

not calling volk a fraud, he's a alltime great, what i'm calling a fraud is the idea that his FW run was better than aldo's, it wasn't

aldo lost on the h2h to all the other 3 fw "GOATS", but he had the best career of all of them, he 's the division GOAT
Aldo won the belt and defended 9 times successfully. The WeC defenses are literally the same as UFC defenses since all they did was bring over the WeC division. It’s not like 155lb where they merged them. He also didn’t lose a fight for like 9 years. Izzy, Usman and Volk are runners up to Spider, GSP and Aldo (and being second to those guys is something incredible).

The trying to make the new guys GOATs prematurely is silly. Even if you think “the fighters are better today” they still need to match or exceed those accomplishments in their own eras to surpass them.

Beating a legend at the end of his career or when he’s older and losing a step doesn’t make you absorb all his accolades like a fucking Highlander beheading (fast tracking you to that spot). Winning the belt is only the beginning and you now have to try to be more successful in your reign.

I still have Volk over Aldo. Volks first ever loss at featherweight, he’s 35, it was to undefeated beast topuria.

Aldo was handily beaten by numerous opponents still in his prime.

Back