I hope we can stop the FRAUD talk about volk being FW's Goat

You dorks can’t hold it against Usman and Volk that guys get rematches. Especially when they are dominant guys in their own right.

I think it's certainly arguable at this point that Volk is ahead of Aldo. His only competition is literally Aldo in the debate.

There is nothing fraudulent about his reign or getting the recognition he earned

yeah, he's the clear 2#

i just dont see the argument for 1#
for all the talks about "mma evolution", fw seemed better in 2013 than it does today

yeah, he's the clear 2#

i just dont see the argument for 1#
for all the talks about "mma evolution", fw seemed better in 2013 than it does today
Why wait til the day after he FINALLY loses at FW to make this thread? Why not make it during his reign? Why not make it before the fight?

You dorks can’t hold it against Usman and Volk that guys get rematches. Especially when they are dominant guys in their own right.

ofcourse we, dorks, can
rematches shouldn't be some freebie that comes with the mcdonalds when ur a good boy
should be for draws and split decs only

He's still only 32. Let's see how he's doing in 3 years before saying that
lol he's been fighting since he was a kid he has just as much fight mileage or even more than those guys too.

This is one of the stupidest threads i've read in awhile, and that's saying a lot. The only other person who belongs in the conversation as far as the FW "goat" goes is Aldo and maybe Holloway. Volk beat Max in his prime 3 times, so that puts him clearly ahead of Max IMO. He also beat Aldo, and while i think Aldo was probably a few years away from his peak he was still a very good fighter when they fought. Saying Volk's record is padded is ridiculous. There are no easy fights in the UFC, especially when you reach the top. When i think of padded records, i think of someone like Julio Cesar Neves Jr. Volk has wins over Holloway 3x, Aldo, Ortega, Yair, Mendes, Korean Zombie, Elkins, etc. and has fought Islam twice and just fought Topuria. Yeah, those are all such easy fights /sarcasm.

Why wait til the day after he FINALLY loses at FW to make this thread? Why not make it during his reign? Why not make it before the fight?

because losses help people change perception, if i said "i think defending a belt against korean zombie in 2022 is RIDICULOUS" before volk lost, yall would be mad as fuck

i mean, the idea that usman was the WW GOAT was always ridiculous, but some people here bought it, they dont buy it anymore, do they?

This is one of the stupidest threads i've read in awhile, and that's saying a lot. The only other person who belongs in the conversation as far as the FW "goat" goes is Aldo and maybe Holloway. Volk beat Max in his prime 3 times, so that puts him clearly ahead of Max IMO. He also beat Aldo, and while i think Aldo was probably a few years away from his peak he was still a very good fighter when they fought. Saying Volk's record is padded is ridiculous. There are no easy fights in the UFC, especially when you reach the top. When i think of padded records, i think of someone like Julio Cesar Neves Jr. Volk has wins over Holloway 3x, Aldo, Ortega, Yair, Mendes, Korean Zombie, Elkins, etc. and has fought Islam twice and just fought Topuria. Yeah, those are all such easy fights /sarcasm.

there is no "GOAT CONVERSATION" aldo, in spite of his losses, is far ahead of anyone else
if you knew how to read, u would have understood that i'm not calling volk a fraud, only the idea that he already had surpassed aldo

ofcourse we, dorks, can
rematches shouldn't be some freebie that comes with the mcdonalds when ur a good boy
should be for draws and split decs only

No one is asking you to call it a freebie—or whatever weird tangent that was, or treat it differently beyond any other title defense. You just can’t discredit wins over guys like Holloway or Covington because they had previously beaten them.

No one is asking you to call it a freebie—or whatever weird tangent that was, or treat it differently beyond any other title defense. You just can’t discredit wins over guys like Holloway or Covington because they had previously beaten them.

colby did NOTHING to deserve the second fight with usman, the same for the second masvidal fight
max also didn't do zilch to deserve the second volk fight(tho he did beat two contenders to get the third shot)
mma is turning into wwe with all these rematch clauses
i hate champions with padded records

Calling volk featherweight GOAT is in no way "fraud talk". There are two people in the running for FW goat. Volk didn't have as long a reign as Aldo, but he had a longer undefeated streak and he beat Aldo. One is not objectively more GOAT than the other. You are talking in this thread about undeserved title shots, meanwhile Aldo defending against Faber coming off a 2-2 stretch, bum Gamburyan, bum Hominick, an over the hill Florian, Edgar coming off his two losses to bendo, KZ for beating dustin in 2012 etc.

We can pick apart any champs record and talk about how in hindsight his defenses weren't prestigious but that honestly just stupid. There are two people in GOAT class at 145 and you can make a case for both.

13 seconds.
I don't think it's Aldo, but that is the stupidest newb argument one can make.

Like if someone just wants to drive home the point that they're a clueless newb, those two words are all that's needed.

That didn't take long, already at the Volk never was really that good stage. Just like clockwork around here. Guys get built up way too fast and then torn down even faster.

because losses help people change perception, if i said "i think defending a belt against korean zombie in 2022 is RIDICULOUS" before volk lost, yall would be mad as fuck

i mean, the idea that usman was the WW GOAT was always ridiculous, but some people here bought it, they dont buy it anymore, do they?
Some people still say Usman is because they're stupid. Volk has a much greater case than Usman does

I really don't give two shits or a fuck who holds this imaginary made up fanboy title.

War Aldo. War Volk.

Any disparagement on these august persons shall be swiftly dealt with.

I don't think it's Aldo, but that is the stupidest newb argument one can make.

Like if someone just wants to drive home the point that they're a clueless newb, those two words are all that's needed.

I didn't make an argument, genius. I did, however, trigger the shit out of you.

Volk aint a fraud, come on. Hes a great fighter and looks like a nice dude.
Aldo was just better.

After this loss I think it’s clear that Volk was never really that good and should probably just retire.

Back