Rewatch I just rewatched Poatan vs Jiri

The UFC has been protecting Pereira since he arrived, and the quick stoppage was yet another example. Jiri was getting to him. Maybe Pereira would’ve followed up and made it an obvious, non-controversial finish, but Jiri has demonstrated he can recover quickly. Because it was Pereira, we didn’t get a chance to see. It’s the same thing they’re doing with O’Malley, and I’m tired of it.

There have been lot worse stoppages than that. Poatan was mounted on a wobbly Jiri, it was a 99% chance of Jiri taking another shot and sleeping for good.
Oh I know. The fact that these stoppages are now commonplace is exactly my point. It is HORRIBLE for the sport that this is now normalized.

But I don't dispute that it was a bad moment for Jiri.

I dispute it being anything other than a bullshit stoppage based on the rules which say as long as someone is defending themselves they should be good. No one on Earth should be able to objectively dispute that he was defending himself.

Honestly though, if he survived 9 minutes on the feet vs Alex I don't think it is crazy to think he could survive 50 seconds on the ground with Alex (where Alex is much less dangerous). But whatever. Now we never get to find out. Sucks.

Textbook bullshit early stoppage.

But I understand. If I had low T and didn't mind altering the careers of pros irrevocably I would also virtue signal online that any time a fighter is dropped they should stop the fight instantly regardless of if they are defending themselves or not. Then I'd attach myself to whichever fighter won the fight in true beta fashion.

After all, makes me look good morally. You cavemen and your desire for fighter's to be allowed to defend themselves... shudder. The fact that the early stoppage directly benefits the fighter the org wanted to win... well nevermind that. Ignore that please. Me looking morally superior is what matters so just focus on that.
How DARE you for wanting a fight to play out to its full conclusion! Goddard Bless

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-03-23 at 11.15.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-23 at 11.15.05 AM.png
    553.4 KB · Views: 1
Great competitive fight. Jiri def had Poatan in trouble multiple times and had him backing up to the cage quite a bit. I wouldnt say Jiri is a better strike than Poatan though. He is very skilled but he is also very aggressive and that combined with his skill,even Poatan has to respect the danger he is brininging.

Imagine Jiri of all people panic shooting like he did in round 1.
It's MMA baby

there is no panic shooting. its just shooting.

Or should he take the kicks more and then it becomes "bad fight IQ" by the couch locked unwashed?

Hope they do it again. Not just cos i want Jiri to get that one back but also cos its entertaining as FUCK

There's no way anyone believes Jiri was winning that fight. Poatan shut down his stand up in the first few minutes. The only success Jiri had was holding him down at the end of the first and landing an elbow.

It was a close fight until it wasn't anymore. The stoppage was a bit early. I'm just making objective statements.

Back