Law I know why we're helping Ukraine; But Congress should be charged with treason.

Was there a bill proposed by democrats that was strictly associated with fixing the border and not loaded up with a bunch of other shit ? Separate from Ukraine or anything else ?

Was there a bill proposed by democrats that was strictly associated with fixing the border and not loaded up with a bunch of other shit ? Separate from Ukraine or anything else ?
Yes.

Only bill I saw was tied to Ukraine and something else. Your saying there was another bill strictly for Border correct? If this Was the case then shame on house GOP..

It wasn't a Democrat proposal.

It was proposed by Republican James Lankford, passed through the House with bipartisan support, and the Senate shot it down anyway.

(Because they didn't want to give Biden credit for any policy during an election year)

We have more than enough resources for both.

This is why MMT is so goddamm important. The govt has unlimited resources for non resource intensive tasks. But the taxpapyer myth makes every policy question a false sophies choice. If the political system wasn't rigged it would be the single biggest impediment to it working.

People complaining about anything now don't have to actualy address the issue and the morality of it they just bitch and moan about the taxpayer(who heavily leans fascist because they participate in capitalism).

It wasn't a Democrat proposal.

It was proposed by Republican James Lankford, passed through the House with bipartisan support, and the Senate shot it down anyway.

(Because they didn't want to give Biden credit for any policy during an election year)
Then shame on all the Senators that voted against it. If that was case.

However is this the bill your referring ?

Only one I found regarding the senate voting down. And to my reading seems it was a package with Ukraine and Israel aid heavily involved. Was a different one?

Then shame on all the Senators that voted against it. If that was case.

However is this the bill your referring ?

Only one I found regarding the senate voting down. And to my reading seems it was a package with Ukraine and Israel aid heavily involved. Was a different one?

This was the compromise to get it all done at once, but now we get just the foreign aid and no border deal thanks to Republicans. Now Dems have no incentive to compromise on it either.

The border compromise was basically everything they've ever asked for too.

They just passed the Israel and Ukraine aid package no problem. It was clearly a political move and I would agree it was shameful.

This is why MMT is so goddamm important. The govt has unlimited resources for non resource intensive tasks. But the taxpapyer myth makes every policy question a false sophies choice. If the political system wasn't rigged it would be the single biggest impediment to it working.

People complaining about anything now don't have to actualy address the issue and the morality of it they just bitch and moan about the taxpayer(who heavily leans fascist because they participate in capitalism).

I never take anyone seriously who votes for people who knowingly vote for Military expansion but unabashedly against any domestic spending because it "would make Americans dependent on the State." Anyone who says they'd rather have their money spent domestically who votes for people that would rather throw homeless people into a wood chipper than provide them with housing can f*ck right off.

I never take anyone seriously who votes for people who knowingly vote for Military expansion but unabashedly against any domestic spending because it "would make Americans dependent on the State." Anyone who says they'd rather have their money spent domestically who votes for people that would rather throw homeless people into a wood chipper than provide them with housing can f*ck right off.

The dependency issue was always bull to the shit. Like every other phrase they focus group test.

These people want everyone to be employed by a for profit corporation that will cut them the moment they can. Whats more dependent than that? All sorts of behavorial strings too like if you piss people off they will call your employer and try to get you fired. That seems pretty dependent to me. If dependency mattered to this society we wouldn't have at will employment.

Also kind of reminds me of a human version of the whole PETA thing. They are okay killing animals if it means they won't be exploited or used by humans. Hey the homeless are dead but they aren't dependent on government.

This was the compromise to get it all done at once, but now we get just the foreign aid and no border deal thanks to Republicans. Now Dems have no incentive to compromise on it either.

The border compromise was basically everything they've ever asked for too.

They just passed the Israel and Ukraine aid package no problem. It was clearly a political move and I would agree it was shameful.
If the senate GOP passed Ukraine/Israel aid part of of package in full and only objected to the border part. Then that's a disgrace. Even if it wasn't everything wanted/needed something to help the border issue is better thsn nothing right now and you can go back after eletion if your side wins and add to it if needed. They're hypocrites and no better the people they say they are against

Why don’t you want to fund an unwinnable massacre in Ukraine and genocide in Palestine?

If the senate GOP passed Ukraine/Israel aid part of of package in full and only objected to the border part. Then that's a disgrace. Even if it wasn't everything wanted/needed something to help the border issue is better thsn nothing right now and you can go back after eletion if your side wins and add to it if needed. They're hypocrites and no better the people they say they are against

Its because the border crisis was fake and its purpose was to gin up anger among reactionarys. If you pass a deal to solve a fake crisis you can't gin up anger.

So you're like in the lefts version of Qanon huh?

The situation with the asulyum process has been the same for a very long time. If it was a crisis according to your nativist beliefs it was a crisis from day one nothing changed that made it a crisis. But they sat on it to use at the most oppurtune time.

The situation with the asulyum process has been the same for a very long time. If it was a crisis according to your nativist beliefs it was a crisis from day one nothing changed that made it a crisis. But they sat on it to use at the most oppurtune time.
If you can look at the border situation and say it's nothing new and business as usual. You have nice day sir.

If you can look at the border situation and say it's nothing new and business as usual. You have nice day sir.

It's not only not anything new, it's much better than it was in the past.

Biden approved a record budget for the DHS last year.

I think people forget that literally millions of illegals entered and stayed in the country during the Bush Jr years and they still make up the majority of the illegal population today. The number of people actually entering illegally and being able to stay is a fraction of what it once was.

Our ability to monitor and stop people from crossing the border is night and day compared to just the early 2000s.

It has just been made into a political issue by Republicans to rile up support during elections because they're literally devoid of any actual policy ideas. Including policies for the border itself!

Back