I like Kevin Lee.

RMF1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey fellas, this doesn't need to get heated and I know that he's a divisive character, but I think he says a lot of things that are undeniable.

I think as a fighter he's super skilled maybe his fighting style isn't the most exciting but the dudes a beast.

Now, with regards to his very recent comments on weight cutting in which he said that they're sll just basically waiting for someone to die, I think that's true and I'm glad he spoke up.

Something needs to be done. Good on Kevin for saying it and putting it in those terms.

I like him too but he's right and wrong at the same time. He's right about a 165 division needed as the 15 pound gap between lightweight and welterweight at the moment is large but at the same he's wrong because no one forces him to fight at lightweight when he can fight at welterweight and make the weight easily. The commission and UFC should take responsibility of ensuring people aren't cutting too much weight by providing the 165 class or perhaps a system that prevents fighters from going extreme (Eg. Piss gravity test) and the fighters are responsible for making the smart and healthy choices when it comes weight cutting and what division they compete at.

Unfortunately, it'll probably take someone dying before they wise up and start making reasonable changes/restrictions to weight cutting policies.

I like him too but he's right and wrong at the same time. He's right about a 165 division needed as the 15 pound gap between lightweight and welterweight at the moment is large but at the same he's wrong because no one forces him to fight at lightweight when he can fight at welterweight and make the weight easily. The commission and UFC should take responsibility of ensuring people aren't cutting too much weight by providing the 165 class or perhaps a system that prevents fighters from going extreme (Eg. Piss gravity test) and the fighters are responsible for making the smart and healthy choices when it comes weight cutting and what division they compete at.
Hey man I really appreciate your response and it's balanced and thought out but I have to disagree. Everyone's doing it so that means everyone else has to as well to be competitive.

He is being forced to cut weight. Its a fundamental flaw in the system that's putting lives at risk.

But I'll say this, it's just my opinion. I'm not stating it as fact, but I'd like to see these guys weigh in much closer to their natural weights. I don't want to see a tragedy in the sport.

Unfortunately, it'll probably take someone dying before they wise up and start making reasonable changes/restrictions to weight cutting policies.

I wish I didn't but unfortunately I agree with you 100%

The thing is welterweights will try to make 165 rather than 175.

#stopweightcutting
I tag Dana all the time

I also like Kevin Lee.

I became a big fan of Lee after the Chiesa fight, and have only found him to be far more intelligent than I initially thought; my first impression of him was at the summer kickoff press conference with Chiesa. Although Dana doesn't seem to entertained by the idea of a 165 division, I like the sound of it more and more and I hope it comes to fruition. Also I think Wonderboy will go down and be more successful than at ww. Wonderboy 165 champ!

I became a big fan of Lee after the Chiesa fight, and have only found him to be far more intelligent than I initially thought; my first impression of him was at the summer kickoff press conference with Chiesa. Although Dana doesn't seem to entertained by the idea of a 165 division, I like the sound of it more and more and I hope it comes to fruition. Also I think Wonderboy will go down and be more successful than at ww. Wonderboy 165 champ!
Watch him train at mayweather's gym if you want to like him more. Good student mentality, smart charismatic kid

Hey fellas, this doesn't need to get heated and I know that he's a divisive character, but I think he says a lot of things that are undeniable.

I think as a fighter he's super skilled maybe his fighting style isn't the most exciting but the dudes a beast.

Now, with regards to his very recent comments on weight cutting in which he said that they're sll just basically waiting for someone to die, I think that's true and I'm glad he spoke up.

Something needs to be done. Good on Kevin for saying it and putting it in those terms.

He doesn't care he cuts sooo much weight,he's simply pushing for a 165 lb division.How is this not obvious?I like Kevin Lee also,but he's playing a little game here.There's already been multiple deaths in mma from weight cutting anyway.

Last edited:
Hey man I really appreciate your response and it's balanced and thought out but I have to disagree. Everyone's doing it so that means everyone else has to as well to be competitive.

He is being forced to cut weight. Its a fundamental flaw in the system that's putting lives at risk.

But I'll say this, it's just my opinion. I'm not stating it as fact, but I'd like to see these guys weigh in much closer to their natural weights. I don't want to see a tragedy in the sport.
I get what you mean and I don't want to see any tragedies in the sport either, especially over something like weight cutting. I do see your point where everyone weight cuts but I think both the fighters themselves and commission/UFC should be able to determine what's correct and safe for fighter's health and if that means using the piss gravity test which will encourage people to move up a weight class. Either way, cutting too much weight is only gonna hinder a fighter's performance which we see people like Gastelum and Whittaker who starch people since they enter the octagon 100% without any depletion from a hard weight cut.

He doesn't care he cuts sooo much weight,he's simply pushing for a 165 lb division.How is this not obvious?I like Kevin Lee also,but he's playing a little game here.There's already been multiple deaths in mma from weight cutting anyway.

Don't take this as a complete opposing view to yours because I honestly don't know what's best or what can be done to fix it. But, I don't know that making a 165 division would be a bad thing.

And at the same time I don't know if I really want to see the current weight classes diluted.

It's a problem. A difficult one.

Don't take this as a complete opposing view to yours because I honestly don't know what's best or what can be done to fix it. But, I don't know that making a 165 division would be a bad thing.

And at the same time I don't know if I really want to see the current weight classes diluted.

It's a problem. A difficult one.

I agree 100% with this post.I'm just saying he has an ulterior motive is all and isn't standing up for fighters health,just using it to push more for the 165 lb division like he's been doing for quite a while now.It's a shitty way to go about it.

Last edited:
Kevin also takes a loss well and actually learns from it. When Tony worked him with those elbows from the bottom.. he said no one had ever done that to him before and he was going to learn how Tony was getting those off and how he did them.. that is always good to hear.. not some crying and complanining.

Who doesnt like Kevin Lee?

513665765_1280x720.jpg

I disagree with him about adding extra divisions - people who talk about a 165 division talk about 155 fighters going up, but ignore the fact that there are a lot of WW fighters who will cut more to go down.

..anyhow. I like the guy a lot in and out of the cage. I don't know why anyone wouldn't like him tbh. He's very charismatic, well spoken and a great fighter.

i liked him after his ufc debut. i thought al iaquinta was gonna smoke him being al is a tough sob for a debut. lee put on one hell of a scrap so iv been rooting for him ever since.

if anyone hasnt seen the fight go back and rewatch, both dudes are so much better now but still showed great skills on that night

Ironic that he's one of the morons cutting too much weight. Risking his life\health every fight.

<{cruzshake}>

Back