I need a TV Series recommendation... Something good but off the beaten path v.2

have you peeped the Cinemax show Banshee?

great action/crime drama IMO

steven-lippman_animal-kingdom-18.jpg

Watched the first few episodes, it didn't quite grab me. Might have been my mood at the time, will revisit down the road.

The Jekyll 6 episode miniseries is fucking bomb lol

Nirvana in Fire - Chinese historical fiction with a little wire fu. I'm 7 eps in and enjoying it.

Legend of the Condor Heroes - same genre but a lot more fantasy/wuxia

both on youtube

Modern family and Big Bang theory.

Watched the first few episodes, it didn't quite grab me. Might have been my mood at the time, will revisit down the road.

Although I liked the movie version better.

Is Westworld really that good ? Never seen it.

I can recommend Dark Matter.

I've seen just about everything people talk about here and I have run out of great things to watch.

I would really appreciate some assistance finding something I haven't seen that is good.

Thanks in advance.

23rmhi0.jpg
I can confirm that the Australian version of Rake is a good show (I recsll discussing it awhile back) - I bought the first couple seasons (couldn't get the others).

Not sure if I posted anything else in this thread. Boss (maybe The Boss) starring Kelsey Grammer was a good show. He's mayor of Chicago, and he rules with an iron fist. In the opening of the show, he finds out that he has a rare, debilitating form of dementia that leaves him with perhaps a couple years to live. Instead of stepping down or looking for support, he first decides to keep it to himself and remain on the throne. Two seasons (stupid ass Starz cancelled it too soon, but the seasons are complete)

American Gods as some have said. Hap and Leonard.

I'd say Alaskan Bush People. It's pretty fake but still really funny. I mean I laugh at how dumb they are.

Romanzo Criminale- Italian crime series (my favourite of the three): 70s set small time gangsters rise to power off the back of developing heroin popularity

Starting the third episode of season two.

It's awesome.

There is no way in hell I am going through 52 pages to check if this has been mentioned, but 99% sure it won't have been:

Operation Good Guys

You did want something off the beaten path after all, that one is a 1990s English mockumentary style TV series (similar style to The Office, for reference) about inept policemen. Played straight for maximum comedic effect.

Also optional, if you can find it anywhere online: Vengeance Unlimited starring Michael Madsen.

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but Episodes is a pretty clever, chill show to binge on.

Also, this threat introduced me to Detectorists for which I will ever be grateful.

Back