"I promise to hurt guys (this time), and finish fights." - GSP

When he had the Russian dude cornering him, he was far more aggressive early in his UFC career.

People blame the Serra fight, but it was when he moved to tri-star firas made him far more conservative.

Until Firas stops cornering him, I don't believe him.

Pretty sure it was moving to Jackson that did that.

When GSP Cote and louiso were all at tri-star they all had good striking as I remeber it

Pretty sure it was moving to Jackson that did that.

When GSP Cote and louiso were all at tri-star they all had good striking as I remeber it

Louiso?

<{anton}>{<huh}

I bet when GSP plays Mortal Kombat he makes sure he is defending 99% of the time, then gets the opponents health down just a bit, then waits it out till time is up and he wins because he had more health left and was defending.

lol

Chip damage.

He would still be taking damage to his health bar the entire fight if he's blocking.

"St-Pierre, 36, acknowledged that toward the end of his reign asUFC 170-pound champion, he was not necessarily going for finishes all the time."

I got flamed so much for saying this by elitists who think that technical=boring and that I don't know what I'm watching

David Loiseau the black guy with spinning back kick?

I think Firas bought Tri-Star at some point, so maybe the earlier era was under different coach.

Hey everybody. I saw a GSP thread and so I just wanted to come by and say hello to all those posters who say that they hate GSP but are so obsessed by him that they post in every one of his threads.

stay frosty

That's why I'm really not interested about that fight, GSP gonna throw bombs and swing punches now? He was great and still great, but his style was to control people, and that's that. Bisping gonna bring it, but meh, that's the least interested I am about a fight rn

Hey everybody. I saw a GSP thread and so I just wanted to come by and say hello to all those posters who say that they hate GSP but are so obsessed by him that they post in every one of his threads.

stay frosty
NotSoSure will be here soon he is obsessed with Gsp like no one I’ve ever seen before.

David Loiseau the black guy with spinning back kick?

I think Firas bought Tri-Star at some point, so maybe the earlier era was under different coach.

That’s a possibility. I just remeber they all were a lot better when they were all there as I remeber.

GSP arguably declined under Jackson. But was still the best @ 170 just not as good as he was before or maybe as driven is a better way to put it.

Wtf did he go to Jackson’s originally in the first place ?

wolf-ticket.jpg%3Fw%3D300%26h%3D289

George here is selling you wolf tickets.

That’s a possibility. I just remeber they all were a lot better when they were all there as I remeber.

GSP arguably declined under Jackson. But was still the best @ 170 just not as good as he was before or maybe as driven is a better way to put it.

Wtf did he go to Jackson’s originally in the first place ?
I think two things:

Competition got better and more well rounded.

GSP got richer and fought to keep rather than fight to conquer. Same as Aldo's reasoning. Even Lawler went to quite a few decisions as champ after finishing guys on his way to the belt.

I think two things:

Competition got better and more well rounded.

GSP got richer and fought to keep rather than fight to conquer. Same as Aldo's reasoning. Even Lawler went to quite a few decisions as champ after finishing guys on his way to the belt.

I completely agree with both , better comp and wasn’t fighting to conquer.

But the why I’m not so sure about. To not lose and not give the comp an opening they might have had if he was pushing to finish , i agree but the why. Was it jackson pushing that gameplan to make sure he kept a money horse in the stable?

I think it was and that’s why he left, both the sport for a while and Jackson’s too

I completely agree with both , better comp and wasn’t fighting to conquer.

But the why I’m not so sure about. To not lose and not give the comp an opening they might have had if he was pushing to finish , i agree but the why. Was it jackson pushing that gameplan to make sure he kept a money horse in the stable?

I think it was and that’s why he left, both the sport for a while and Jackson’s too

Did you just come from a time warp from like 2010? Because I haven't heard people regurgitating Dana's bullshit about Jackson's gameplanning in years.

Regardless, GSP was barely spending anytime at Jackson's for his last several fights. Jackson would work with him fight week and corner him. GSP's risk averse style as all on him. If a coach is to blame, then it's Zahabi. At the time that Jackson's was constantly getting blasted for having boring fights, Tristar's guys were much worse about using zero-risk gameplans.

Chip damage.

He would still be taking damage to his health bar the entire fight if he's blocking.

Fuck they need to implement this into the UFC

Not being aggressive/stalling lowers your HP

Either way I'll be watching.

It was a long time ago that we saw a GSP that had something to be hungry for.

Did you just come from a time warp from like 2010? Because I haven't heard people regurgitating Dana's bullshit about Jackson's gameplanning in years.

Regardless, GSP was barely spending anytime at Jackson's for his last several fights. Jackson would work with him fight week and corner him. GSP's risk averse style as all on him. If a coach is to blame, then it's Zahabi. At the time that Jackson's was constantly getting blasted for having boring fights, Tristar's guys were much worse about using zero-risk gameplans.

I had been away from paying attention to the sport for a while so more like 2013 or so when I really stopped but had been declining for a while as far as interest

I thought the condit fight was when he started not spending as much time there but still worked with Jackson for the gameplan part on the other fights.

But his decline in aggressiveness started as I remeber when he started going there.

Maybe it was firas, he had a different coach at tri star earlier though didn’t he?

He said the same thing before he retired. Don't blink. Bisping is gonna smash him and then he is gonna retire again. One just don't gain killer instinct. You either have it or you don't. Look at Jones. Hurts Cormier and goes balls to the wall to put him out. He has killer instinct.

Not saying I believe him, but he had killer instinct first half of his career

Back