I think a PBF vs GGG be a good fight

MadSquabbles500

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I think PBF vs GGG be a good fight. Already saw PBF vs Canelo, so no point.

Or do you think GGG just be like a Margarito, or Cotto type fighter, and fight will end up the same?

I rather not PBF vs Pacman. Or maybe even a Pac man vs either Canelo, or GGG. Pacman is closer in age to GGG.

If Canelo can fight PBF, and GGG at that weight, I dont see PBF cant fight GGG at that weight, and if PBF can fight Pacman, then . . .

Meh, Floyd is too small for a full fledged middleweight.

I was thinking this recently. PBF outboxed Canelo and Canelo has hung with GGG in two fights now. I can't see why PBF couldn't have hung with GGG. GGG was struggling to hit Canelo hard because his defence was good. Well, PBF's defence is on another level, and I think he could avoid getting caught by GGG.

I was thinking this recently. PBF outboxed Canelo and Canelo has hung with GGG in two fights now. I can't see why PBF couldn't have hung with GGG. GGG was struggling to hit Canelo hard because his defence was good. Well, PBF's defence is on another level, and I think he could avoid getting caught by GGG.
Canelo at a catchweight of 152. Not 160. Floyds not a middleweight.

Canelo at a catchweight of 152. Not 160. Floyds not a middleweight.
Yes Canelo was lighter for that fight but I doubt he was much weaker than he is at 160 and he would still have the same frame size and reach. Floyd won that fight because Canelo couldn't land on him, I don't see GGG being able to land on him either.

Floyd is too old and has been too inactive to be fighting a MW like Golovkin. Prime for prime, Mayweather would have given Golovkin a ton of issues, and would have had a real chance of beating him, I think (he'd have to fight a damn near perfect fight, but it's not like Floyd can't produce that type of performance).

There is no way Floyd would beat either fighter at MW, not a chance.

I would have to give Canelo a pass when he fought Floyd. Wasn't he like 22 or something?

Now? No. In his prime? Possible but it would be boring as hell as pbf uses his superior footwork to jab and move.

Id rather see gervonta vs anthony joshua

Canelo was fighting at 152 and this was 5 years ago. You seriously think Floyd vs. Canelo right now would be remotely competitive at MW? Floyd would lose easily. Golovkin would hurt him badly as well. Floyd does not have the power to keep Golovkin off of him for that long.

Present day Floyd would lose to Kell Brook. He is nearly 42 years old and has not fought a real boxer in 3 years.

Canelo was fighting at 152 and this was 5 years ago. You seriously think Floyd vs. Canelo right now would be remotely competitive at MW? Floyd would lose easily. Golovkin would hurt him badly as well. Floyd does not have the power to keep Golovkin off of him for that long.

Present day Floyd would lose to Kell Brook. He is nearly 42 years old and has not fought a real boxer in 3 years.
Should have made that clear I'm not talking about 42 year old and retired Floyd I'm talking about prime vs prime. Canelo was at 152 but I don't think he is that much stronger now than he was then. Years ago when this first got suggested I was in the camp that said Floyd wouldn't be able to keep GGG off him. Now I've changed because I saw how Canelo outboxed GGG and made him miss a lot. I can easily see Floyd making him miss a lot too. Maybe he wouldn't have the power to keep him off but he had enough to deter Canelo albeit at 152.

Should have made that clear I'm not talking about 42 year old and retired Floyd I'm talking about prime vs prime. Canelo was at 152 but I don't think he is that much stronger now than he was then. Years ago when this first got suggested I was in the camp that said Floyd wouldn't be able to keep GGG off him. Now I've changed because I saw how Canelo outboxed GGG and made him miss a lot. I can easily see Floyd making him miss a lot too. Maybe he wouldn't have the power to keep him off but he had enough to deter Canelo albeit at 152.

It all depends on the weight class. Draining GGG or Canelo (present day) down to 154 means both would be corpses. If Floyd was 154 but fought them at 160? I don't see Floyd winning that.

It all depends on the weight class. Draining GGG or Canelo (present day) down to 154 means both would be corpses. If Floyd was 154 but fought them at 160? I don't see Floyd winning that.
Well I can't count Floyd out. He was so difficult to hit and handled Canelo so well that I think going up one more weight class is possible for him. I agree there is a limit but seeing how well Canelo handled GGG makes me think that Floyd could do it too.

If Floyd was a natural 154 i absolutely see him beating them and it not being close. But Floyd was a natural 140 who fought at 147 for paydays and took 4 fights above 147 which were in his top 5 pay days (Canelo, Cotto, Oscar, McGregor)

But guys come on he is coming back to fight Pacman, who really wants to watch that? GGG is getting old too.

Floyd gets stopped by this Canelo and Golovkin.

The fight with Canelo is all but irrelevant now. Hes not the same fighter.

Floyd would style on GGG and the fight would ve a snoozer. People would hate Floyd for being too good.

Back