I think he blew his nose on purpose.

Cowboy has a habit of getting out of fights that aren't going his way early.

Looks like he wanted out but you know its Cowboy so I don't know man.

Shit man I kinda think the same.. maybe I'm wrong and it was an honest mistake in the moment.

Yet he is such a vet and kick boxing based he must know it so well so a really bad brain fart.

really tough to say. I mean, I like Cowboy and this would not be something I would expect him to do on purpose. However, he is a vet, he cant screw up like that. He was definitely hurt but, still. Well, I wont assume anything here, Id call it his mistake.

He knew it was downhill from there anyway. He's a vet.

Agreed. Wanted a way out without appearing to be a bitch.

Now he looks like he made a foolish mistake rather than getting KO'd in the 3rd.

But WTF is "hard warning"? 100% was a punishable foul. Would not have changed the result, but the rules are the rules and Tony knew exactly what he was doing with the cheap shot.

No point running it back because Tony is in a different league to the journeyman Cowboy, but he's also a dog for that shot tonight. Ruined a 3rd round we deserved.

Unless Cowboy somehow mastered facial anatomy to the level of an ENT surgeon, I doubt he knew how to blow air from his nose in such a way to inflate his eye socket to the point of fight stoppage.

cerrone shills dont want to accept the truth so they getting personal against TS.

while nobody can prove definitively that cerrone was or wasn't looking for a way out... nobody should be able to pull shit like that and still be considered an all-heart/no quit fighter the way cerrone wants to be seen as.

He knew it was downhill from there anyway. He's a vet.
You would think that you fat pussy. I was waiting for one of the many goddamn idiots on here to say some dumb shit like that. Cowboy has never quit in any fight. If he loses he gets finished. To think that he wanted to quit in between rounds just shows what you know.

Can someone explain the blowing of the nose thing to me?

Swelling causes the air to go up the eye and blow it up, that’s why he kept saying he wanted them to push the air back down. {<shrug}
That’s my understanding. But Cowboy was getting outclassed. Hope he bounces back against Connor or Justin.

Can someone explain the blowing of the nose thing to me?

Cowboy's nose was broken and presumably filled with blood, in the heat of the moment it looks like he tried to blow his nose in order to clear up his airways. However, because the cartilage in his nose has effectively collapsed, the air that would've passed through the nostril instead gets trapped up in his sinuses, part of which is located behind/underneath the eye. The air inflated the sinus cavity which in turn puffed up his eye and made the swelling that much worse to the point where his eye closed entirely.

Yeah, because it definitely makes sense to want to blow a giant air bubble behind your swollen eyesocket. Feels amazing for sure

Unless Cowboy somehow mastered facial anatomy to the level of an ENT surgeon, I doubt he knew how to blow air from his nose in such a way to inflate his eye socket to the point of fight stoppage.

Fighters are told about it. Many many times over.
Also the corners tell them.

Cowboy's nose was broken and presumably filled with blood, in the heat of the moment it looks like he tried to blow his nose in order to clear up his airways. However, because the cartilage in his nose has effectively collapsed, the air that would've passed through the nostril instead gets trapped up in his sinuses, part of which is located behind/underneath the eye. The air inflated the sinus cavity which in turn puffed up his eye and made the swelling that much worse to the point where his eye closed entirely.
Ahhh so like what eddie alvarez did against melendez, damn i forgot about that. Shits crazy.

Ban op, the fuck is he saying cowboy is gonna pussy out?
Cowboy could have easily just went down or given the neck if that was the case. Eddie did the same exact thing in a fight he won. Instinct take over, like picking your nose after a long night of Pico Sugar.

Both of them were so realistic and honest in post fight interview.Love both these mofos.Yes Donald knew that but to be able to control that natural instinct(blow nose) is a real bitch.Dont blame him for it at all.Tony was on the way to winning decision.He fuked up with that late illegal punch.All good though.Awsome fight while it lasted.

i really dont put it past anyone to cheat these days. I dont think cowboy is that type of guy, but its very possible.

Weidmann faking an injury vs Mousasi
Eddie Alvarez and Poirer
DC holding a towel down
TJ and Jon Jones
GDR late hits on holly holm (much worse than what we saw here with Tony and Cowboy)

Back