I think izzy would Tko pereira in the rematch in the championship rounds

I think Izzy has more chances to get the KO if he goes balls to the wall from the start than after accumulating damage.

He's faster and more mobile, those things kind of even out when they're both tired and beat up, but Pereira's strength advantage still carries until the final bell.
Yeah, he had him rocked early. That was probably his chance

The 0-3 record is the most misleading H2H stat in combat sports history imo. Izzy has lost (when in reality he clearly won one) but has a legit argument to claim he is the better all around fighter. It's weird.

Imo, Alex needs to get that 4th win. 3 simply isn't enough. And it's obvious he needs to ko Izzy - the two ko's he's already got wasn't really decisive.

Don't leave it to the KO's!

Imo, Alex needs to get that 4th win. 3 simply isn't enough. And it's obvious he needs to ko Izzy - the two ko's he's already got wasn't really decisive.

A submission is the only way to settle this. Nothing more definitive than a leg lock.

Tbh I picked Alex to KO him this time round aswell but the match up is legitimately entertaining to watch as they are both high level strikers. I could watch it another 3/4 times tbh. Rather that than that bum Whittaker getting title shots all the time against someone he has zero chance of beating.

Izzy's biggest criticism for the last few years is that he is not aggressive. This criticism comes from fights where is was clearly the superior striker.

Now you want a rematch of a fight where he is clearly NOT the superior striker and you this he is going to come out MORE aggressive?

Guess you havn't been paying attention.

wrestling is his only chance, first, his skinny legs will be compromised then he will go down again. rematch we will see a better mma version of alex.

Last edited:
The 0-3 record is the most misleading H2H stat in combat sports history imo. Izzy has lost (when in reality he clearly won one) but has a legit argument to claim he is the better all around fighter. It's weird.
its not wierd, its just that even though izzy and you sincerely believe he's better than alex it grew to 0 3 and soon to be 0 4
tough pill to swallow ;)

0-4 isn't decisive. This is best outta 10, that's how it works!
even then, you have people to tell you "well izzy one the first fight and was winning the second and was winning the third so ..."

I mean anything is possible. Izzy did clip Alex well in the last seconds of the first round and if there was 30 seconds left on the clock when that happened it’s compl possible that could happen.

That being said I still got Alex in their matchups.

Izzy fans after peirrera wins a 4th fight-"Izzy is still the better fighter. I believe he wins a 5th fight."

The only thing weird is your cope

Although I'm not an izzy fan I still think it's a 50-50 matchup.
Both guys have proven capable of hurting each other. Let's not forget that, as far as we know, Pereira was basically saved by the bell at the end of the first or second round

Adesanya wins in volume and speed, Pereira in sheer power.
Think this is one of those fights that could go either way bc their skillset is very similar

If he gets more aggressive it leaves him open for the counter, which is what happened in their second kickboxing match.

yeah but he fucked up big by not hunting him down in the 2nd rd. Pereira was still rocked and he should've done more damage but he was too shook. i don't want to see a rematch though, he's probably going to lose faster and in more dominant fashion.

Although I'm not an izzy fan I still think it's a 50-50 matchup.
Both guys have proven capable of hurting each other. Let's not forget that, as far as we know, Pereira was basically saved by the bell at the end of the first or second round

Adesanya wins in volume and speed, Pereira in sheer power.
Think this is one of those fights that could go either way bc their skillset is very similar

yeah but the difference is Izzy won't put his foot on the pedal when he hurts Pereira. Pereira will.

I think izzy would gas pereira out and finish a very tired pereira in the fourth or fifth round. The first time around izzy did not fight agressive enough, right now he will, which will gas pereira out. Izzy is a smart person he knows how to adapt.
No...Izzy was tired too ....I think he would lose faster next time around....some people just have your number

0-4 isn't decisive. This is best outta 10, that's how it works!

You can't really determine who's best with just win-loss ratios. We need some draw- and No Contests-stats on the board to see who's really the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back