I thought Costa looked the best he has in a while

He was fast. His problem is very similar to Whittaker where they don't really have much finishing ability so you just get hard sparring and whoever is more active, wins.

It reminds me Cain. He beat on JDS for 25 minutes but couldn't finish him.

Not that I didn’t like the fight, brocade I did, but I hate when mixed martial artists don’t mix up their martial arts. This was just a kickboxing match. Why not constantly mix in takedowns with your striking?

He was fast. His problem is very similar to Whittaker where they don't really have much finishing ability so you just get hard sparring and whoever is more active, wins.

It reminds me Cain. He beat on JDS for 25 minutes but couldn't finish him.
several of costa's shots were capable of folding bobby but they just ... didn't. he looked like a killer. his jab looked STRONG

Finally a respectful, non hate filled, thread about Costa. Thank you TS.

Love or hate him he is one of the best in the world and I think going to a 29-28 with Whittaker only raised his stock.

still had some cardio issues thats why Rob was able to win because he slowed down enough for Rob to start picking him apart.

Nah I disagree. Tough to look like u have great cardio against Rob.

And Rob was outpointing Costa right off the bat. Costa landed that big kick at the final seconds of the rd1 that was it. This was in Rob's bag the whole way through.

He has a great liver kick and a great step in left high kick. But the mans arms all all over the place. No one is mentioning it. But his arms are at his waist at all times. He just needs a guard. He doesn't have that elusive style. Can't fight like that when you can't time and dodge those punches. You need a good long guard setup. He just doesn't have that. After every attack his hands are just wherever they are at the moment.

If I was his coach I'd drill the shit out of long guard setups and catching kicks.
Another interesting point is his first martial art was BJJ and he was strictly a BJJ for many years. It would be great to see him mix it up some

I thought he looked good but he just needed more output especially in the 3rd round. The whole fight was essentially dictated by who was moving forward. Costa too small for 205?

He was fairly in shape, but what I saw in that fight is a guy that was losing most of the exchanges, and afraid of engaging, like not thrusting his own chin. Whitaker is not even in his prime, I don't see much future for Costa, unfortunately.

Thrusting your own chin isn't good

Nah I disagree. Tough to look like u have great cardio against Rob.

And Rob was outpointing Costa right off the bat. Costa landed that big kick at the final seconds of the rd1 that was it. This was in Rob's bag the whole way through.
<TrumpWrong1>

Back