I thought that moving up is the greatest thing you could ever do?

Yeah but if Anderson Silva picks a fight with the smaller GSP its ok...the small guy picking the bigger guy is not goat material anymore...total Goat logic here on Sherdog.
How dare gsp not go and get knocked out for our pleasure?!

Like geez a split Dec loss,couldn't go out on your shield?? Lol just lol
I had it as unanimous Dec loss tbh
I'm still having my coffee, it's early in the morning here.
Could have sworn you were talking about Jake Shields and I was half way through writing a post how fucked up they cut him like that.
bruh 10 more seconds and that choke would have finished Lombard. oh well he's boring anyway.

I'm still having my coffee, it's early in the morning here.
Could have sworn you were talking about Jake Shields and I was half way through writing a post how fucked up they cut him like that.
bruh 10 more seconds and that choke would have finished Lombard. oh well he's boring anyway.
Yeah my coffee leads me to some strange pathways too

No that's not what people say Tho. They say it's the attempt. "Why won't khabib move up? Coward"

Khabib said the welterweights are too big for him . Maybe Khabib knows his ceiling.

Gynosanya went up and got paid to be real he didn't have a fight at middleweight at this current point in time. If he went up to fight Jones he would have maybe gained more respect because that's the guy he talked shit about constantly.

Now he has made the case that Jones would absolutely destroy him. he looked helpless against Jan on the ground. Jones is in another level.

Some people fight in a cage to earn money and we are watching it only for the violence. Don't expect us to be so smart.

I absolutely respect the heck out of the young Adesanya for moving up. He lost but he gained respect from me.

<Fedor23>

Izzy does all the things that fans complain the most about fighters not doing - stays active, fought the hyped up boogeymen in Costa and Romero, moved up in weight -and is still thoroughly disliked.

<WellThere>

Can't please 'em.

<Fedor23>

Izzy does all the things that fans complain the most about fighters not doing - stays active, fought the hyped up boogeymen in Costa and Romero, moved up in weight -and is still thoroughly disliked.

<WellThere>

Can't please 'em.
The expectation no wait...demands!! Can never be met

Seems like all its done for Izzy is make anti izzy threads and calls that he is overrated,and that withought his reach advantage,he is average at best.

Well,shit, I guess I was misled,and moving up might not be all its cracked up to be.

Where is the respect?

Where is the gratitude?

"All the Goats do it" right??

<KhabibBS>
Izzy got grief because he was the favorite, the UFC wanted him to win, and there was little talk about how good Blachowitz is. Conor would’ve gotten the same if he lost a clear-cut decision to Alvarez.

Well you gotta win when you do it.
Everyone leaves that part out.
Why? Because their point is that it takes balls to do it. Well,izzy did it.

Izzy got grief because he was the favorite, the UFC wanted him to win, and there was little talk about how good Blachowitz is. Conor would’ve gotten the same if he lost a clear-cut decision to Alvarez.
So he got to take shit off people for being good? Does not compute. If your doing your job right then yea the ufc wants you to win. So?

Does the ufc want Jones to win at hw? What then?

All of the GOAT convo fighters are long reigning champs of their weight class. None of the "champ champ" guys are included in that convo aside from DC.

Defending 5-6+ times and dominating your weight class is more impressive than jumping around weight classes and skipping the line for title shots. And in some cases, like with McGregor, he cherry picked a weak champion.

Its who you beat and how you do it, not just having 2 belts at once

Seems like all its done for Izzy is make anti izzy threads and calls that he is overrated,and that withought his reach advantage,he is average at best.

Well,shit, I guess I was misled,and moving up might not be all its cracked up to be.

Where is the respect?

Where is the gratitude?

"All the Goats do it" right??

<KhabibBS>

Izzy is a special case because a lot of people were waiting for him to lose. Most guys would have gotten a much better pat on the back for that performance

Last edited:
Everyone was agreeing with Max last week when he said "To be P4P you need to fight outside your weightclass".

Now Izzy's an idiot for doing the same.

The hypocrisy of Sherdog the last week alone is up there with the most it's ever been.

Everyone was agreeing with Max last week when he said "To be P4P you need to fight outside your weightclass".

Now Izzy's an idiot for doing the same.

The hypocrisy of Sherdog the last week alone is up there with the most it's ever been.

I remember people be goin "HE'S RIGHT THO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

maxxx.JPG

So he got to take shit off people for being good? Does not compute. If your doing your job right then yea the ufc wants you to win. So?

Does the ufc want Jones to win at hw? What then?
The UFC wanting him to win was only one of three reasons I gave for him getting grief. By itself, it would not have been enough to cause his tremendous problem of Shertards making mean threads about him.
And you’re talking about Shertards giving Izzy grief. That doesn’t mean he has to take shit IRL.
He’s good, but not as good as he was made out to be. And he got beat. Tough shit. So what?

Back