I want to hear your unpopular music opinion

yes, yes he did

there's this unplugged version of She's Gone he kills, while sitting and chewing gum the entire time mind you

ridiculous

Not sure how he can sing like that sitting down....crazy. And this guy is just chewing some gum during it like he's just chilling in a garage band.

2010-2020 fantastic for hip hop.:cool:

The producers and sound engineers have taken it to another level. Say what you will about dumb or incoherent lyrics, the beats are masterful.

Um, I have a masters degree in music performance and spent twelve years as a professional operatic baritone singing in the US and Europe with some of the worlds top opera houses, orchestras and conductors. And that’s not BS. Still want to argue from credentials?
Ok, I'll bite. So the entire Beatles catalog is shit? Their catalog is one of the most diverse ever. They were also doing a lot of unorthodox things in their music, that oftentimes made it better, as well being considered early pioneers in many areas.

Granted they've had their share of mediocre/average compositions, and their musicianship tends to get slightly overrated(like all of the greats). But take, for example, a composition like "Happiness is a Warm Gun". It's a freeform/structureless song, has multiple meter changes, the lyrics are draped in metaphors and allegory, and the harmonizing and playing techniques are both on point and consistent with the mood of the song. How could that track possibly being interpreted as simple and childish, by anybody who isn't a complete music snob?

Edit: just for reference.

Last edited:
Young Thug is the most influential and innovative musician of this century:cool:

Back