I want to hear your unpopular music opinion

Unpopular music appointments are pointless and people need to accept that music is more subjective that they want it to be. Someone listening to a Mickey Mouse medley and getting something out of it has as much validity as me banging on some obscure drone album.

-Avenged Sevenfold is the best rock/metal band from 2000 to now

-Eddie Vedder's voice is better than Chris Cornell's (or any other grunge singer's, even Lane's)

The one that always gets me yelled at is Led Zep. I'm just not a big fan and i can't take the vocals. I appreciate their influence on bands I do like, though.
Same kind of. I like a lot of their instrumentals, but Plant's voice bothers me. I appreciate his range and ability, but just hate the sound of it.
The Blues are an underrated/unappreciated
form of music.
I think everyone who knows anything about music recognizes that blues is one of the most influential/important parts of modern music history
Avenged Sevenfold is a great band and their music still holds up.
<GinJuice>
Shinedown's cover of simple man is better than the original.
Same for
Disturbed cover of sound of silence.
Just because you did it first doesnt mean You did it best.
Corey Taylor is arguably the best vocalist in all of metal history Dio, Plant be damned.
I think Shinedown's sounds comparable to the original. David Draiman undoubtedly did an outstanding job on Sound of Silence. You have to give the originals a ton of extra credit for writing the song, though.

Corey Taylor is an outstanding vocalist. I'm not ready to conclusively put anyone above Dio, though. Plant isn't my cup of tea, but definitely a great singer. Bruce Dickinson was a beast. Axl Rose had some fucking pipes in his prime, as well. He always seems to get left out of that conversation. You've got Rob Halford, King Diamond, Phil Anselmo, and many many more. There are a lot of great vocalists in metal history.

Load and Reload by Metallica are actually very good albums.

All 'hair metal' and most 'classic rock' doesn't hold up today.

Out of the biggest hard rock bands from the past 20 odd years, Slipknot are the most undeserving of their fame. I wonder how much their masks helped them.

Bohemian Rhapsody is possibly the most overrated song of all time, there is nothing good about it.

The Beatles are childish and simplistic. Their music could not be more overrated

Spoken like somebody who doesn't know how to play music. The Beatles have more complex melodies and chord progressions than 99% of bands out there.

Spoken like somebody who doesn't know how to play music. The Beatles have more complex melodies and chord progressions than 99% of bands out there.

Um, I have a masters degree in music performance and spent twelve years as a professional operatic baritone singing in the US and Europe with some of the worlds top opera houses, orchestras and conductors. And that’s not BS. Still want to argue from credentials?

-Avenged Sevenfold is the best rock/metal band from 2000 to now

-Eddie Vedder's voice is better than Chris Cornell's (or any other grunge singer's, even Lane's)

Same kind of. I like a lot of their instrumentals, but Plant's voice bothers me. I appreciate his range and ability, but just hate the sound of it.

I think everyone who knows anything about music recognizes that blues is one of the most influential/important parts of modern music history

<GinJuice>

I think Shinedown's sounds comparable to the original. David Draiman undoubtedly did an outstanding job on Sound of Silence. You have to give the originals a ton of extra credit for writing the song, though.

Corey Taylor is an outstanding vocalist. I'm not ready to conclusively put anyone above Dio, though. Plant isn't my cup of tea, but definitely a great singer. Bruce Dickinson was a beast. Axl Rose had some fucking pipes in his prime, as well. He always seems to get left out of that conversation. You've got Rob Halford, King Diamond, Phil Anselmo, and many many more. There are a lot of great vocalists in metal history.
I think Corey's voice is the best in rock/metal. I'm a Stonesour/Slipknot/all his acoustic and current track whore so I know I'm very very biased. I've seen him with SS and SK more than anyone and I might be thinking in the 20s. His growl voice is incredible but also his voice in ZZyzz Road where it's so gentle. I drove past that sign on the way to Vegas. Didn't even know it was a place till I saw it.

Um, I have a masters degree in music performance and spent twelve years as a professional operatic baritone singing in the US and Europe with some of the worlds top opera houses, orchestras and conductors. And that’s not BS. Still want to argue from credentials?

No I think we're done here.

I think Corey's voice is the best in rock/metal. I'm a Stonesour/Slipknot/all his acoustic and current track whore so I know I'm very very biased. I've seen him with SS and SK more than anyone and I might be thinking in the 20s. His growl voice is incredible but also his voice in ZZyzz Road where it's so gentle. I drove past that sign on the way to Vegas. Didn't even know it was a place till I saw it.
He's great. I won't argue that. How different Stone Sour and Slipknot are from each other is a testament to his ability. There are just a lot of others who are also great.

I'm no Corey Taylor expert so I could be totally wrong, but I've never heard him belt it out like many of the great metal singers. His growling and screaming is impressive, but for me the ability to blow the roof off with big notes is more important.

Last edited:
He's great. I won't argue that. How different Stone Sour and Slipknot is a testament to his ability. There are just a lot of others who are also great.

I'm no Corey Taylor expert so I could be totally wrong, but I've never heard him belt it out like many of the great metal singers. His growling and screaming is impressive, but for me the ability to blow the roof off with big notes is more important.

I agree on Corey Taylor. He can carry a tune but his clean vocals are just sort of, meh. He’s never really cultivated a voice that impresses in melodic singing.

If we’re talking about metal singers whose thing is to switch on a dime between harsh and clean vocals, I think this chick may be the best.

Last edited:
RA the Rugged Man has sucked ever since he changed his style up to speed rapping.

AOTP is redundant as hell. You've heard one album you've heard them all.
Jus allah > Vinnie gastricbyPaz

The most talented vocalist of that hair metal/glam rock era was Miljenko Matijevic from Steelheart

The most talented vocalist, right now, is the gospel singer David Phelps

The most talented vocalist of that hair metal/glam rock era was Miljenko Matijevic from Steelheart

The most talented vocalist, right now, is the gospel singer David Phelps
I do believe he did the vocals for Wahlberg in the movie Rock Star....rather cool. And yes he had a voice on him back then.

I do believe he did the vocals for Wahlberg in the movie Rock Star....rather cool. And yes he had a voice on him back then.
yes, yes he did

there's this unplugged version of She's Gone he kills, while sitting and chewing gum the entire time mind you

ridiculous

Back