I want to watch Citizen Kane but I have ADD

Citizen Kane was good for it's time, but I would not consider it the best movie ever made, like everyone says it is. It is kind of overrated, and I don't think you really are missing much if you don't watch it. The most overrated film of all time was "Gone With The Wind". That in my opinion was god awful, and it was like four hours long.

Look up the story on the net. So you understand it better.

I know right, don't you feel like you're missing out like I do? I want to watchit so bad but I can't

My back is destroyed and I have all the time in the world to watch it but I just can't/

Haven't cured that back yet?

Do you have the colorized version? I have trouble watching black and white movies. It wasn't that great of a movie. It didn't make enough money in it's first run to pay for itself.

Haven't cured that back yet?

Do you have the colorized version? I have trouble watching black and white movies. It wasn't that great of a movie. It didn't make enough money in it's first run to pay for itself.

See my profile page for more information on my back

Subscribe to my newsletter

I love it, but I can understand why it's not everybody's cup of tea. Maybe adderall would help.

Have you seen Casablanca? It's much better IMO. It's funny, pretty fast paced, bad ass pimp for a lead, sexy chick, other bad ass characters.

Citizen Kane is a great film, but you have to understand something about film making and/or the story surrounding it to really appreciate it's greatness.

I tried a few times.

I can't focus on it - everyone says it's awesome and it's important for cinnamatic history but every time I watch it it's so slow paced I think about other stuff, I walk around, I roll around on the floor with cats

How can I watch this movie?

Cliffs?
I think I see the problem. First thing you're going to need to do is to drown those cats in the bathtub.

I sat down and forced my way through it shortly after the AFI first released that list of the 100 best movies and it was #1. It definitely has memorable scenes and moments, and I get how it was such an important film in terms of pioneering new techniques, but a big part of a great drama is telling an engaging story in a gripping way.

Kane failed at that so badly it makes my head spin. Compare it to the other films on that same Top 100 list, and it's just laughable to call it the best movie ever. Better than Chinatown ? Better than Godfather 1 & 2 ? Better than Raging Bull ? Better than North by Northwest (which is somehow cunting FORTIETH and, obscenely, there's not a single Hitchcock in the top ten) ?! Get the fuck OUT OF HERE.

Its not a flick for casual viewing. Great film nonetheless. I very much enjoyed it. It must have been astounding for its time,but for me it holds up. Actually more and more I like to watch great films from the decades that I have seldom seen growing up. ANything before the 70s basically is stuff im watching more and more. Movies like The Great Escape,and Bridge on the River Kwai are still totally awesome today. IS citizen Kane the best film I have ever seen? No,but its fucking good.

To understand Citizen Kane you really have to understand the political social climate of the times... hey look a squirrel!

I tried a few times.

I can't focus on it - everyone says it's awesome and it's important for cinnamatic history but every time I watch it it's so slow paced I think about other stuff, I walk around, I roll around on the floor with cats

How can I watch this movie?

Cliffs?

Hello, Clippy.

Don't bother with that piece of shit.

Most overrated movie in history imo.

It has not aged well. Give it a pass and watch The Godfather instead.

Back