• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I was witness to alligator attack.

Gay or not, 50 Americans were gunned down. 1 kid get's eaten by a gator and because it happened at Disney it's national news. It's just weird to me that's all.

I'm not trying to take anything away from this family and I hope Disney provided wheelbarrows for them to haul their massive balls around after chasing a gator to get their baby back.

yeah, i don't like the fact that fifty people dying is overshadowed by the death of one child. just giving my opinion on why i think this story has gotten more press.

Ok so I'm going to assume that steps are taken now to clear the fucking man made lagoon of gators and also preventive measure will be taken to insure they can't get access to this place again???

I mean...common sense.
you cant. baby gators can slip through any barrier, and these most likely entered the lake as juveniles. There are too many wild gators in the region to keep it completely safe.

yeah, i don't like the fact that fifty people dying is overshadowed by the death of one child. just giving my opinion on why i think this story has gotten more press.
it hasn't. The Pulse shooting is a much bigger story, both in America and worldwide. Gator boy momentarily stole attention when it was an active search, but it will retreat from headlines after today.

Like, 50 people died last weekend in Orlando, and a gator has taken the country by storm lol.
To be fair, humans kill far more people every year than gators do. Shootings are common relative to fatal gator attacks.

To be fair, humans kill far more people every year than gators do. Shootings are common relative to fatal gator attacks.

You're not wrong but how often of an occurrence is it that one American kills fifty others and injures a hundred more?

Apologies for getting off topic.

I agree w/ you, its just that...im very protective of my daughter n wouldn't let her close to the water but I just feel so bad for them, they had no idea BC its a Disney resort, ya know. I mean, they were screaming, the dad was on top of the gator, n then the gator went back in the water. The parents went in after it, screaming. The lifeguard run over from the splash pad and dove in after it too, which was brave. It was fucked up, bad.
Its terribly sad. It will haunt them for years to come. That type of grief is very hard to overcome. It wouldn't be surprising to find out one or the other ends up taking their life over this. You would think the shared grief would bring them closer in the end but it will likely end with more tragedy as both of them will be broken people.

you cant. baby gators can slip through any barrier, and these most likely entered the lake as juveniles. There are too many wild gators in the region to keep it completely safe.
They're still out on the water today searching for gators to remove from the lagoon. It looks like they would employ someone to do this routinely, even bf the incident. It seems impossible to get them all though.

A lot of captain hindsights in this thread.

Shouldn't have been by the water? Are you kidding me? It's a resort who allows it's guests near the water at night.

People who think florida is riddled with gators running amuck everywhere is just wrong. They are in the wild and sometimes sneak into urban areas. But they aren't at every fucking corner and every water source isn't threatened by gators.

Disney knows of the gator issue in florida, and I'm sure they have the wildlife around their parks under control.

They missed a few gators entering the water (their fault) and still allowed people to near the water.

A public beach will not allow people to get in the water when too many sharks are out.

Disney should know good and well enough if there are gators sneaking into their lagoons. They are liable because they stated that it was safe to be by the water by inviting their guest to lounge by it at night. They should have been all over the issue if there were gators there and not allowed people on the beach.

But they fucked up and missed the gators. Families go to a resort expecting safety in the water. It's not even a second thought that there would be danger, so quit acting like swimming in Florida is a fucking liability the second you step foot into the water.

Its terribly sad. It will haunt them for years to come. That type of grief is very hard to overcome. It wouldn't be surprising to find out one or the other ends up taking their life over this. You would think the shared grief would bring them closer in the end but it will likely end with more tragedy as both of them will be broken people.

this is just me thinking aloud, but am i the only one who thinks it might be better to almost pretend it didn't happen? i say this, because we all know the child is dead. what is the sense in ruining the rest of your family's life by grieving over it until you too are dead? i don't know if this is right or wrong, or if i'm completely insane for even bringing it up.

I went swimming on a Florida beach then 5 minutes later saw an alligator on that same beach. Lets just say I never went swimming again.

Ok so I'm going to assume that steps are taken now to clear the fucking man made lagoon of gators and also preventive measure will be taken to insure they can't get access to this place again???

I mean...common sense.
Not possible. Gators will always find a way in, just like they frequently show up in people's pools in Florida...

this is just me thinking aloud, but am i the only one who thinks it might be better to almost pretend it didn't happen? i say this, because we all know the child is dead. what is the sense in ruining the rest of your family's life by grieving over it until you too are dead? i don't know if this is right or wrong, or if i'm completely insane for even bringing it up.
If only it were that easy. These poor folks will relive this nightmare multiple times a day. They will think about all the things they could have done to prevent it, they will think about all the wasted time they could have spent with the child. They will play every single little detail over and over to the point of being completely irrational in their thought process. They will cycle between blaming themselves, each other, and Disney. They will think about it in the shower, on the way to and from work, at work etc. The worst time will be when they go to lay down at night to go to sleep. Make no mistake, this would haunt even the strongest of people. The only people who could easily shake this are people who never really loved their children.

If only it were that easy. These poor folks will relive this nightmare multiple times a day. They will think about all the things they could have done to prevent it, they will think about all the wasted time they could have spent with the child. They will play every single little detail over and over to the point of being completely irrational in their thought process. They will cycle between blaming themselves, each other, and Disney. They will think about it in the shower, on the way to and from work, at work etc. The worst time will be when they go to lay down at night to go to sleep. Make no mistake, this would haunt even the strongest of people. The only people who could easily shake this are people who never really loved their children.

Hopefully the dad will take some solace in the fact that he took on a fucking alligator one-on-one to get the kid free.

I went swimming on a Florida beach then 5 minutes later saw an alligator on that same beach. Lets just say I never went swimming again.

I've swam in rivers, lakes etc in FL. In retrospect I'm thinking I was nuts. But people water ski etc all the time in gator territory. I shake my head now, but that's just Florida living I guess. Attacks are extremely rare (and a creepy wikipedia read). Yeah, I was crazy.

If it was there only kid, I'd expect them to suicide. That's the worst thing that can happen to a person.

Hopefully the dad will take some solace in the fact that he took on a fucking alligator one-on-one to get the kid free.
I hope so.

If it was there only kid, I'd expect them to suicide. That's the worst thing that can happen to a person.
Its my worst nightmare. The only thing I'm certain I couldn't handle. It's what drives me to be so vigilant as a father.

I hope so.

Its my worst nightmare. The only thing I'm certain I couldn't handle. It's what drives me to be so vigilant as a father.

Totally agree. My friend once asked me if there is anything in life that I couldn't handle because I'm pretty much a "strong" emotion person. The answer was easy, if something happened to one of my kids. I can't even fathom it. I feel for this family so much.

Emotions don't really work like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckforbes
Back