Ian Garry deserves more respect

SkinnyClaw

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This guy gets way too much hate than he deserves imo. He picked on Neil Magny one time before their fight and twisted his words boo hoo, so what. It was just run of the mill cringy trash talk.
He printed Geoff Neils mugshot on a tshirt, who gives a shit?
His wife is older than him. Cool. He likes older women, she likes younger men.
Her ex husband possibly lives with them, man who gives a shit, maybe they're all just over it.

Now this guy is actually trying to stay active, and is calling out top 5 guys, not even demanding a title shot yet or ducking hard fights. Calls out a wrestler Colby who is literally his nightmare matchup, both in and out of the cage, Shavkat, Usman.

I don't even like the guy, I think he's an annoying twerp and his voice is unbearable, but I think he actually deserves more respect as a competitor, and the WAG/cuck shit is just lame and old. He may have no charisma whatsoever, but he's kind of doing what he's supposed to be doing, trying to stay active, not ducking, calling out good fighters, trying to be entertaining...

Ian Garry represents what Sherbros want in their life but can’t have. He has a beautiful, loyal, and loving wife who supports and cares for him. He’s handsome and tall, makes money, and is famous. He’s also friends with McGregor.

This guy gets way too much hate than he deserves imo. He picked on Neil Magny one time before their fight and twisted his words boo hoo, so what. It was just run of the mill cringy trash talk.
He printed Geoff Neils mugshot on a tshirt, who gives a shit?
His wife is older than him. Cool. He likes older women, she likes younger men.
Her ex husband possibly lives with them, man who gives a shit, maybe they're all just over it.

Now this guy is actually trying to stay active, and is calling out top 5 guys, not even demanding a title shot yet or ducking hard fights. Calls out a wrestler Colby who is literally his nightmare matchup, both in and out of the cage, Shavkat, Usman.

I don't even like the guy, I think he's an annoying twerp and his voice is unbearable, but I think he actually deserves more respect as a competitor, and the WAG/cuck shit is just lame and old. He may have no charisma whatsoever, but he's kind of doing what he's supposed to be doing, trying to stay active, not ducking, calling out good fighters, trying to be entertaining...

But do you have any criticism of the guy? If so, what are the criticisms?

He’s only calling out Colby because Colby is 35 yo, hasn’t won a real fight since 2020, and looked terrible in his last fight.

Gary’s wife thinks that beating Colby will win good will because Colby is almost equally as hated as Garry.

img-1-1708291871975.webp

He doesn't even respect himself by taking his wife's last name
He didn't replace his name with hers, he added hers as a middle name. His name is still Ian Garry. He did it so that everyone in the family would have a name in common.

They are Ian and Layla Machado Garry. They have a son together, Leo Machado Garry. She has a son from a previous marriage to a man named Cullen. His name is Machado Cullen. Now everyone in the family shares a name.

TLDR

Ian Garry didn't take his wife's last name, he added her name to his. He did it for his stepson.

He didn't replace his name with hers, he added hers as a middle name. His name is still Ian Garry. He did it so that everyone in the family would have a name in common.

They are Ian and Layla Machado Garry. They have a son together, Leo Machado Garry. She has a son from a previous marriage to a man named Cullen. His name is Machado Cullen. Now everyone in the family shares a name.

TLDR

Ian Garry didn't take his wife's last name, he added her name to his. He did it for his stepson.
Ok I wish I didnt know this

I don’t need to know his entire life story. The guy can keep a lot of the shit he says to himself. I don’t fucking care if you cry before every fight. When you add it all up. Is it any wonder he’s taking heat?

Said his wife was the biggest draw at 298. What a fucking clown. I did pick him to win the fight by decision. I figured he’d win. But things are getting tougher.

He’s ranked 6th. There are no more easy fights (not that he’s had easy fights). Some are definitely easier than others.

Edit.
Added the last paragraph.

Last edited:
He's a good fighter, but his attitude is deplorable. He can get respect when he grows up a bit. The attacks on his marriage and bringing his family into by fans in person are definitely stepping over the line. Guy is free to marry and bang whoever he wants if they're of legal age and consenting. I don't care. But the guy acts like a complete tool, so he gets the respect of a tool. Which isn't much.

Ian Gary deserves public humiliation, being the recipient of a flatline KO, and then pissed upon.

He is an absolute arrogant ass, while being a runner at the end of the day, when facing a real threat.

TLDR

Historically, the proper thing would be for Ian to give his last name to his wife and her kids add it on. That's how it's been done since time immemorial. Anyone defending this cuckholdry attached to an obnoxious disrespectful douche, I question.
Ian Garry represents what Sherbros want in their life but can’t have. He has a beautiful, loyal, and loving wife who supports and cares for him. He’s handsome and tall, makes money, and is famous. He’s also friends with McGregor.
He makes less money in a year than a whole bunch of Sherdoggers on that $50k/$50k contract lmao

TLDR

Honestly, this just sounds like something that a cuck would do...

The fault also lies with Mr Cullen.

tenor.gif

Historically, the proper thing would be for Ian to give his last name to his wife and her kids add it on. That's how it's been done since time immemorial. Anyone defending this cuckholdry attached to an obnoxious disrespectful douche, I question.

He makes less money in a year than a whole bunch of Sherdoggers on that $50k/$50k contract lmao
Historically lots of things were done a certain way. That doesn't mean that's the way it should always be done. His stepson isn't a Garry, why would you expect the kid to change his name?

Back