Media Ian Garry not interested in fight vs MVP: "His number's (ranking) not higher than mine"

Actually fighting someone who can match me and embarrass at what I do best? Oh not interested

Crazy that people think “I want to fight for the title soon” is ducking. MVP is literally outside the top 10 with one win in the UFC while garry is 6th ranked and one win away from a title shot. He HAS to fight up. He won’t get a shot from beating MVP
He’s #7. Where did you read he’s one win away from a title shot?

Yea cause geoff neal and Neil Magny aren’t real fights
To be fair they weren’t great fights. Geoff Neal really underperformed and Ian got a dull split decision. Magny looked like he had one working leg and Ian spent the rest of the fight shouting at him instead of trying to finish. These were not standout performances.

The fight doesn't make sense other than to protect MVP by making sure he fights a striker next. We all know he's gonna lose to the wrestlers in the division. The UFC knows this as well, Dana even admitted they had to match him up carefully. He's getting the Pereira treatment.
The Pereira treatment is fast tracking to a title shot. MVP is just there for some fun fights. Dude's 37 in a couple weeks, we don't need to waste a fight to find out a wrestler could lay on him for 3 rounds.

Can’t really refute much there. Number 7 doesn’t want to fight number 13 (UFC). Especially if number 13 has 1 fight/win in the company. While you have 7 fights/wins in the company.

And a Colby fight makes sense for Garry.

The UFC needs to quit fucking around. Book the Edwards/Belal fight, already. This division could be so much better if all the contenders fought more than once or twice per year. It feels like it’s been stagnant for years.

It brought a smile to my face to see Colby fail so miserably in his last undeserved TS.

I think a win against a guy like MVP would raise his stock even more. But I guess he doesn't want to take that risk.

If they were to book MVP-Geoff Neal next and Page wins with a finish, things are gonna get real. Ian Garry Machado will have to keep an eye on his rear view mirror. Ian’s not the only guy who wants to fight up but some of his fans think all his opponents should be fighting down. Keep in mind Ian’s just squeezed into the top 10 with a split decision and could be 1 Sean Brady or Wonderboy loss away from dropping to the top 15. I’m curious to see if UFC coddle this kid or not.

Last edited:
Everyone he wants to fight from now can pull the same card, why would I want to fight him I am higher ranked than he is. I am not an obsessive hater like a lot of people on here but every time he speaks he takes another 5,000 steps away from favourite status

He has a point. He's close to an easy fight against Colby Covington.

Accepting the callout of a dangerous, lower ranked, relative unknown.seems like a bad idea.
Exactly. A fight with Chaos is a logical move. The hatred towards Garry is clouding people’s judgement. Yes it’s a better fight, but does very little for him in the ranking. You try to fight up the ladder not down.

Everyone he wants to fight from now can pull the same card, why would I want to fight him I am higher ranked than he is. I am not an obsessive hater like a lot of people on here but every time he speaks he takes another 5,000 steps away from favourite status

How is he "pulling a card"?

Colby is still ranked 4th according the UFC, so Garry is trying to fight up. He's not going full diva and demanding a title shot, and Colby is in NO position to make any kind of demands, nor should he be allowed to rank-squat. JDM and Burns just fought a couple weeks ago. No clue on what Rakhmonov's story is, but Garry is angling for HIS best option. Not the UFC's and not the fan's.

MVP has more options than Garry does, and I think a Wonderboy/MVP fight is a fair pairing

And this is why the UFC sucks today. These meaningless rankings run the matchups, even when people would know what would make a good/even fight. It's an imaginary ranking in a sport where you can anonymously decline opponents.

Back