Identity politics could cost Democrats 2020

What's the definition of insanity again?

That party is lost and in the midst of an identity crisis. Fortunately for them, so is much of this country.

Identity politics causes separation. Most Americans, regardless of political beliefs, wish for unity.

If identity politics were the dealbreaker on electing a party, then the GOP wouldn't have won an election in the last 20 years. Good luck with that.

Identity politics causes separation. Most Americans, regardless of political beliefs, wish for unity.
I used to believe that too.

Its not true. I'll bet you could find a lot of support for segregation from both sides.

If identity politics were the dealbreaker on electing a party, then the GOP wouldn't have won an election in the last 20 years. Good luck with that.
How did Bush 2 use identity politics to get into office?

How did Bush 2 use identity politics to get into office?

How did George W. "God wants me to be president" Bush use identity politics to get elected?

You are aware "Evangelical" is an identity, yes?

Its not true. I'll bet you could find a lot of support for segregation from both sides.
"Both sides" do not make up most Americans. So how can one argue that the segments within "both sides" that wish for segregation would be most Americans?

How did George W. "God wants me to be president" Bush use identity politics to get elected?

You are aware "Evangelical" is an identity, yes?

Yeah, that was the whole point of all the SSM ballot initiatives. Key part of Rove's strategy. It's weird how that's all been memory-holed.

No you couldn't. That's a pretty whacky thing to say, unless by "a lot" you mean small groups of inbreds and idiots.

Democratic Platform in 2020 should be two words: Universal healthcare.

Isn't it some stupid workout folks do in their living room?
Hell on the knees, by the way.

Last edited:
Not likely, but they are tripling down on all their identity politics.

Trumpets never think in the long term, though. Let's pretend it goes to 8. Think they could make 12? Sooner or later the pendulum swings back. So in 6-10 years...will conservatives suddenly control ALL the major media outlets instead of just FOX? Will they control ALL The Bix Six Hollywood Studios instead of none? Will they control all the major media conglomerates in Silicon Valley instead of none? Will they control 90% of the minds in the Humanities in academia instead of 10%?

Not a fucking chance. Those apparatuses took nearly half a century to mature into what they've become.

So what do you Trumpets think happen when suddenly a Democrat as crazy and uncompromising as Trump gets into office? What happens when you bring a valid, evidence-based concern, but he rolls his eyes, bats his hand at nothing in the air, and Tweets, "Fake news". All those mindless little Millennials-- they believe him. Most infuriatingly of all, it doesn't matter that you're right, or that they're stupid, because they have the numbers. The kids grew up.

Populism is a helluva drug. That's why it has mobs.

They had the smarts to push the majority identity though.

<seedat>

Back