If 20 year old Mike Tyson started training mma in 2010 how would he have done

Mike would do good I guess but Lennox Lewis with good TDD would’ve been bodying people left and right.

WTF are you talking about before Cro Cop transitioned to MMA people were saying he would do well specifically because he is explosive and had more one punch/kick power than most other kickboxers.
He got KO'd many times in the UFC, being taken down was the least of his worries he was getting starched standing up

People who said he is explosive are bunch of noobs, he has power but he doesn't close the distance and hit you with a shot out of no where like guys like Woodley, Rumble etc

He got KO'd many times in the UFC, being taken down was the least of his worries he was getting starched standing up

People who said he is explosive are bunch of noobs, he has power but he doesn't close the distance and hit you with a shot out of no where like guys like Woodley, Rumble etc

He had like 100 fights between K1, amatuer boxing and MMA by the time he joined the UFC. You should be the last person to call anyone a noob when you say Cro Cop is not explosive at all, especially since you're only looking at old Cro Cop. Everything you have said in this thread has been retarded.

He had like 100 fights between K1, amatuer boxing and MMA by the time he joined the UFC. You should be the last person to call anyone a noob when you say Cro Cop is not explosive at all. Everything you have said in this thread has been retarded.
You are still too dense to realize there are significant differences between "explosiveness" and "power"

With your definition Mark Hunt is explosive because he can end a fight with one punch

Stop being such a noob

I don't think that's necessarily true, I think we have just seen much higher level kickboxers that were still in their primes in MMA(Cro Cop, Schlit, Daniels) than we have seen boxers in their primes do MMA(I can't think of any high level boxers that did MMA during their prime years).
Maybe that is the reason.

I do However see any high level boxer struggle with leg kicks, high kicks, and TDS. I also see a problem with the defence, since boxers rely on blocking with the gloves.

Mercer kind of proved me wrong, but I am guessing a fluke.

You are still too dense to realize there are significant differences between "explosiveness" and "power"

With your definition Mark Hunt is explosive because he can end a fight with one punch

Stop being such a noob

Stop basing your opinion on Cro Cop when he was older and had a lot of injuries, noob. The thread is about a 20 year old Mike Tyson and you're saying Cro Cop wasn't explosive when you're only talking about old Cro Cop, what you're doing is retarded.

Cro Cop in Pride was known for being very fast and hitting very hard. I know the difference between explosiveness and power, one is power without speed and one is both, Cro Cop had both.

Watch Cro Cop vs Igor, Aleksander E and Fedor, he's clearly very fast as he can keep up with those three and those are 3 of the fastest strikers HW MMA has ever had.

Last edited:
Maybe that is the reason.

I do However see any high level boxer struggle with leg kicks, high kicks, and TDS. I also see a problem with the defence, since boxers rely on blocking with the gloves.

Mercer kind of proved me wrong, but I am guessing a fluke.

Yeah, certain styles of boxers would certainly do better in MMA just like certain styles of kickboxers did better in MMA than others. IMO guys like Cro Cop and Mike Tyson would do better in MMA than guys that weren't known for their speed and power.

Yeah, certain styles of boxers would certainly do better in MMA just like certain styles of kickboxers did better in MMA than others. IMO guys like Cro Cop and Mike Tyson would do better in MMA than guys that weren't known for their speed and power.
Sure, but I just don’t see someone like Tyson develop the tdd that Crocop did... but His low height And power might help him stop TDS compared to other boxers.

I do think Crocop with two years of mma training beats Tyson with two years of mma training every time... but that is maybe an unfair comparison, as Crocop was a very unique talent that we have rarely seen.

Sure, but I just don’t see someone like Tyson develop the tdd that Crocop did... but His low height And power might help him stop TDS compared to other boxers.

I do think Crocop with two years of mma training beats Tyson with two years of mma training every time... but that is maybe an unfair comparison, as Crocop was a very unique talent that we have rarely seen.

I don't see why he couldn't Cro Cop didn't do any wrestling training in his kickboxing career, he only started grappling shortly before doing MMA and his TDD was mostly based on his sprawl and his speed/power. Mike Tyson has big legs like Cro Cop and is even shorter with a lower center of gravity. I'm not saying it's a given he would have developed equal TDD to Cro Cop but I don't think it's super unlikely that he would develop very good TDD.

tumblr_n0826qrKrY1si9idzo4_400.gif

Sherdog: Fuck Greg Hardy

Also Sherdog: Tyson is the fucking man!

I don't see why he couldn't Cro Cop didn't do any wrestling training in his kickboxing career, he only started grappling shortly before doing MMA and his TDD was mostly based on his sprawl and his speed/power. Mike Tyson has big legs like Cro Cop and is even shorter with a lower center of gravity. I'm not saying it's a given he would have developed equal TDD to Cro Cop but I don't think it's super unlikely that he would develop very good TDD.
That is where I disagree in terms of leg strength And balance.

I think grappling would gas Tyson out, but since we are playing pretend land why not make peds legal too. Tyson murders the competition until he meets a Russian.

That is where I disagree in terms of leg strength And balance.

Oh, I'm not saying his legs are stronger or his balance is better, just that he has big legs too and his center of gravity is lower because he's a shorter man and he weighs about the same as prime Cro Cop(215ish). He has a good build for sprawling and defending takedowns.

Stop basing your opinion on Cro Cop when he was older and had a lot of injuries, noob. The thread is about a 20 year old Mike Tyson and you're saying Cro Cop wasn't explosive when you're only talking about old Cro Cop, what you're doing is retarded.

Cro Cop in Pride was known for being very fast and hitting very hard. I know the difference between explosiveness and power, one is power without speed and one is both, Cro Cop had both.

Watch Cro Cop vs Igor, Aleksander E and Fedor, he's clearly very fast as he can keep up with those three and those are 3 of the fastest strikers HW MMA has ever had.

Crocop was taken down by Roy Nelson via double leg, there is no excuse for any of the stupid shit you just wrote

Let it go you have no argument here

Back