If a failed Bellator fighter becomes UFC LHW Champ

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Will you guys start giving more respect to Bellator?

Oezdemir lost to a journyman gatekeeper in Bellator.

I'm saying rn that if he wins the Belt, Ryan Bader should be the #1 ranked LHW in the world.

I'm saying rn that if he wins the Belt, Ryan Bader should be the #1 ranked LHW in the world.

Nope.

Do you remember all those times he was finished in the UFC?

<GOT4>

That "Failed Bellator fighter" won their title twice...and won the UFC title once.

You do realize fighters improve over time? UFC Volkan is not the same fighter as Bellator Volkan. He's worked on his wrestling tremendously in the past years. In his last fight before the UFC he was even lay n' praying on a HW while being small for that weight class.

Will I stop calling Bellator "Smellator"?

Emphatic no.

I was always a fan of WEC... ain't no fan of any PPV.

Bellashit sucks

Whens their next Gracie vs Shamrock card?

You do realize fighters improve over time? UFC Volkan is not the same fighter as Bellator Volkan. He's worked on his wrestling tremendously in the past years. In his last fight before the UFC he was even lay n' praying on a HW while being small for that weight class.

And Bader is?

It's funny how everyone that goes to the UFC suddenly gets so much better, but if they fight in Bellator they suck.

that UFC shill doe

I miss the UFC vs. Pride rivalry, now that I think of it. Bellator... I don't know, something stanky about it. I think it's the name.

They have some excellent fighters, great fights. But their roster isn't nearly as diverse and strong as Pride's was back in the day. Unfair comparison I know.

No

They all start somewhere and have several stops on the way to the UFC and in this time they improve

Oz is a UFC fighter and would be a UFC fighter that won the UFC belt...If it happens

People said the same about WEC fighters, the same about Strikeforce fighters, etc.

A lot of Bellator fighters would be great additions to the UFC. Most of the top end Strikeforce fighters fucked shit up in the UFC and still are. But the depth is what separates the leagues. The top end Bellator fighters would be great just like the top end Strikeforce fighters were.. but past those guys, that's where the UFC dominates.

If you don't respect the fighters in those leagues, you're a moron. But you're also a moron if you think that any of them are even close in depth. (not saying you said that, OP, just a general statement)

I miss the UFC vs. Pride rivalry, now that I think of it. Bellator... I don't know, something stanky about it. I think it's the name.

They have some excellent fighters, great fights. But their roster isn't nearly as diverse and strong as Pride's was back in the day. Unfair comparison I know.

People sleep on Bellator.

Say Oezdemir wins the belt

imo

Bader> Oezdemir
Carvalho>Bisping
Rory> Woodley(obviously)
Conor> Primus(but you never know...he's a young kid full of potential)
Max>Pitbull
Cody>Caldwell(but again, I wouldn't be shocked if Caldwell won...Cody's chin is questionable)

If they did a champ vs champ show, it would be much closer than you guys think

It's incredible how one will latch onto whatever loss a fighter has and uses that to define them instead of everything else they've done.

He lost once when he was still relatively green. Big fucking deal. If he wins the title that means he beats Daniel Cormier and that obviously means he's worthy.

Lorenz Larkin is 0-2 in bellator.
His latest loss was to Paul Daley, who was a UFC fighter before Bellator.

And a Strikeforce fighter before either of those.

And so on.

And so on. Sorry I've been smoking. That Daley-Larkin fight was badass though.

It's incredible how one will latch onto whatever loss a fighter has and uses that to define them instead of everything else they've done.

He lost once when he was still relatively green. Big fucking deal. If he wins the title that means he beats Daniel Cormier and that obviously means he's worthy.
That is sherdog

That is the Internet

One day the fools will be drown out

Alvarez winning the title should've already showed everyone Bellator is legit. Chandler is another championshiop level fighter. And they arguably have the best welterweight in the world.

A fight is a fight and anybody could win a fight on any given day regardless of promotion.

That is sherdog

That is the Internet

One day the fools will be drown out

if it was the other way around. A fighter from the UFC gets cut after losing once and then went on to dominate in Bellator everyone on this board would say "well he got killed in the UFC"

The double standard is laughable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back