If dan didnt call off the fight the clock would have run out and reem would have won....

Only 4 seconds left and Jairzinho was already on the other side of the cage. He wouldnt have been able to come back and finish reem had he been warned the fight was still on

No matter how groggy Reem was or the cut was "fight stopping" since the fight would already have been over anyway

Im really split over this (pun definitely intended)

giphy.gif

PS: I dont care about the result. Its just an interesting situation to think about

You could make this argument about every come from behind stoppage victory.

This isn't some profound idea that your pea brain just conjured.

Not to mention the repercussions from fans I mean holy shit that was a point blank Superman lunch from one of the hardest punchers at HW in round 5 on the fucking button. You gotta use judgement. People would be giving him endless shit if he kept hitting him. That’s how Schaumburg got his shitty reputation.
FavoriteDisastrousBison-size_restricted.gif

No one wants to be that guy.

You’re going to compare a complete faceplant to Reem getting knocked on his butt?

Slight difference there my dude.

<puh-lease75>

You could make this argument about every come from behind stoppage victory.

This isn't some profound idea that your pea brain just conjured.
No... its a very simple idea that even then your atom sized brain couldnt understand

You’re going to compare a complete faceplant to Reem getting knocked on his butt?

Slight difference there my dude.

<puh-lease75>

Yeah ones not going to have a misconfigured face for the rest of his life

Ref stopped when he touch Jairzinho, Overeem was still on the ground and Jairzinho was close to him
CarelessLittleAmphiuma-size_restricted.gif

Ref stopped when he touch Jairzinho, Overeem was still on the ground and Jairzinho was close to him
CarelessLittleAmphiuma-size_restricted.gif
Not really man...

He actually touched him to pull him back into the fight...

If you see it from the reverse angle it is very clear he is trying to avoid him walking away because of that. He is trying to keep him there because he doesnt know yet if this is the case of calling the fight off

Nobody would have any reason to try to hold someone walking away there.

Yeah he’s a real slime ball for that one. Like he took long enough that he made a conscious choice to do it anyway. He talked shit after too. Could never like him after that one
Here's the cherry on the shit sundae, he brags about that win to this day. Of course he does it in a humble bragging way or as a way to get back handed compliments. Most people, myself included, will never give him credit for beating an old washed up Cro Cop. Prime Cro Cop EASILY dismantles that D level fighter.

Rozen was really close to Reem after KO, he was able to turn around in split second and continue pounding. Rozen knows how heavy are his heavy hands when they connect full power.

Reem evading those shots 24+ minutes. I was expecting him to hold his own in those last 10 seconds.

But Reem style, droping hands down is suspect for technical punchers.

By the way Reem tremendously improved his boxing defence. It held up successfuly until KO.

Reem did some not so easy takedowns as well.

I had Roz up two rounds, and he obviously was going to win that round. Think you might be letting commentators influence your thinking. Who knows tho.

Seeing this KO again, I never realized Schuab threw that extra shot like that. Such a POS thing to do when Cro Cop is clearly out Time to rewatch Big Nog and Rothwell fuck him up again.
Agreed. What did you think of Masretard throwing 2 extra hits after a fighter had knee-induced rigor Mortis? Super necessary?

One of the weirdest endings I have seen. Dan has not had a good year this year

Exactly....

This is what happened in the Anderson Vs Bisping fight

Anderson climbed the cage and started celebrating, giving mike the time he needed to recover.

Had Anderson kept fighting after the flying knee, he would 100% have won the fight. But he didnt and Bisping could recover.

Had the same call been made by the ref in the case of tonights main event the fight would have "restarted" with 4 seconds left and reem would have won. Or even if they didnt "stop the clock", then time would have just ran out
Anderson cheap shoted Bisping right at the bell while Bisping was trying to get his mouthpiece.
Anderson could not have kept fighting after the bell.

I really fucking hate this "walk off" nonsense. People think it's so awesome but it's just retarded.

The only one who can stop a fight is the referee.

If Dan hadn't stopped that fight and time expired, Overeem wins. How stupid would Bigi Boy feel that he didn't follow up and close the show?

Keep throwing until the ref stops you. Cut this "walk off" bullshit out.

Exactly....

This is what happened in the Anderson Vs Bisping fight

Anderson climbed the cage and started celebrating, giving mike the time he needed to recover.

Had Anderson kept fighting after the flying knee, he would 100% have won the fight. But he didnt and Bisping could recover.

Here’s a memory refresher. You need it.

I could be wrong but it looked like Rozenstruik left off after the knockdown and put his hands up waiting for the final bell. He seriously makes no move to follow up even though Overeem pops up fully conscious. It was a weird stoppage for sure.

Back