If DC takes the Lesnar fight at 235 then retires he neatly avoids Blaydes

If DC retires now he'll be ducking an unnamed but undefeated HW prospect in 2032. That guy is in 8th grade now, but so what. Obviously ducking.

Curtis maybe beats cormier now, but prime DC beats blaydes. DC is much faster and more powerful striker and I think DC can outwrestle/grapple him. Barnett was a much better grappler than Blaydes and look what cormier did.

Exactly ... Blaydes is just a poor man's Josh Barnett.

Curtis maybe beats cormier now, but prime DC beats blaydes. DC is much faster and more powerful striker and I think DC can outwrestle/grapple him. Barnett was a much better grappler than Blaydes and look what cormier did.

Barnett isn't the wrestler of Blaydes. Grappler, yeah...but no way is Blaydes getting body slammed like Barnett did against DC.

Curtis was very green when he faced Ngannou and Francis got lucky with cutting him. I don't think too many people can be in doubt that Francis is going to get taken down and grapple dominated in Beijing. It's just a question of will he be finished or will he lose a heavy UD like against Stipe.

curtis-blaydes-ufc-fight-night-86.jpg

Personally I think Blaydes finishes him with gnp but either way Blaydes will then be 11-1-1 career, 6-1-1 UFC with 5 wins in a row and his right to the next TS will be undeniable. He already should have been ahead of Lewis in the queue.

We are talking about a top level wrestler who also has big power in his hands who is 12 years younger, 5 inches taller and has a 7.5" reach advantage over Cormier. Sure Cormier's whole career almost is against opponents with many or most of those physical advantages but Blaydes is 255lb, very physical and athletic and a very strong wrestler and Father Time is breathing down DC's neck.

I'm sure Daniel would be the favourite in that fight but Blaydes really has all the tools to spoil his gameplan and put him in danger. I don't doubt that Cormier will be happy to get Brock out of there in round one and retire as champ without ever taking that fight.

dc.jpg
You made a bad thread

Barnett isn't the wrestler of Blaydes. Grappler, yeah...but no way is Blaydes getting body slammed like Barnett did against DC.
There is no one in the HW division blast doubling and suplexing players like Curtis. We haven't seen sh*t like that since Dan Severn.

I like Blaydes, but Cormier is literally better than him everywhere. I've no idea why people are interested in this fight. Where do they think Blaydes can win? He's a worse striker and a worse wrestler.
They just salty because Cormier keeps on winning. They hate to see someone that's happy and successful in life because they're all miserable in their own life.

When did Curtis get such hype? After overseem?

Lesnar is a waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier fight for DC than Blaydes.

If you were DC, would you rather have an easy money-fight with little chance of taking damage as your final fight....or, would you rather fight a relatively unknown, title-hungry youngster on a winning streak who could elbow your face into oblivion as your final fight? I think we know which fight DC will choose.

Jarl
You’re an idiot if you think that. Lesnar is a damn good fighter you’re acting like he’s a bum

I agree. the cool thing to do is to be a DC nuthugger. but he's the LHW paperchamp and is now for some reason fighting retired brock lesnar? it is blaydes who deserves it, but he's getting fucked over some WWE freakshow

I'd love to see Blaydes and DC fight, but DC has been very up front about his retirement plans for years now. Saying he's ducking anyone is just dumb.

This dude's standup is terrible. He'd need to out wrestle Cormier, which would be a tall task due to terrible stand up and Cormier's wrestling credentials.

Literally any fighter looking to walk away, someone is always going to point to a potential prospect as to whom they either "avoided" or "ducked".

I don't even like Cormier either.
it's not about him walking away but having a complete undeserved fight in brock, while legit contenders like blaydes get fucked

it's not about him walking away but having a complete undeserved fight in brock, while legit contenders like blaydes get fucked
That's on UFC. Dana was talking about Brock fighting the winner of DC vs Stipe before the fight happened. UFC has a history of passing over more deserving fighters for a big selling name. That's not DC ducking.

Meh, Blaydes wrestling is decent, but his striking is worlds away from DC's.

Curtis was very green when he faced Ngannou and Francis got lucky with cutting him. I don't think too many people can be in doubt that Francis is going to get taken down and grapple dominated in Beijing. It's just a question of will he be finished or will he lose a heavy UD like against Stipe.

Personally I think Blaydes finishes him with gnp but either way Blaydes will then be 11-1-1 career, 6-1-1 UFC with 5 wins in a row and his right to the next TS will be undeniable. He already should have been ahead of Lewis in the queue.

We are talking about a top level wrestler who also has big power in his hands who is 12 years younger, 5 inches taller and has a 7.5" reach advantage over Cormier. Sure Cormier's whole career almost is against opponents with many or most of those physical advantages but Blaydes is 255lb, very physical and athletic and a very strong wrestler and Father Time is breathing down DC's neck.

I'm sure Daniel would be the favourite in that fight but Blaydes really has all the tools to spoil his gameplan and put him in danger. I don't doubt that Cormier will be happy to get Brock out of there in round one and retire as champ without ever taking that fight.

dc.jpg
<36>

dc.jpg
Lol

Looks like dc don't have to worry about blades at all, certainly not getting a title shot before dc retires in march.

Ngannou bless<RomeroSalute>

Back