If GSP becomes 3 div champ moving down, does it take away frm the achivement

He's got what 7 title defenses and one of the greatest most dominant runs in title history.How many does Conor have?Are you special?Are people seriously this stupid?Yeah the Bisping one he got a shot at the title in a division he didn't fight in and then didn't defend...same as Conor did at 155 but that means his ridiculous run at 170 was a shit too?Oh boy.

Im not shitting on his run as champion. Im shitting on him fighting Bisping then vacating and then what? He wants to move down? Dude wants nothing to do with that division. Conor moved up and is now fighting Khabib.

I'm no fan of GSP. But the only reasonable answer is: No. It would not detract from the achievement.

Though it wouldn't really take away from the perception of him being a touch of an opportunist in the latter end of his career.

Yes he should move up and take that HW belt to truly earn MMA fans respect

The difference is size. None of those guys were really outsizing guys certainly not to the same extent GSP would. GSP would outsize the guys that outsize guys at LW. Could you imagine the size difference between Conor and GSP? He might as well fight Tyron at that point and at least get something if he wins.

It will almost certainly do nothing for his legacy. Cherry picking a MW and then killing yourself to fight 15 lbs below a weight class you're already big for tend to do that.
Moving down doesn't make the fights easier. He still had to weigh in. He's never had much of a size advantage, just strength advantage over most guys he has fought. He fought the champion and won. Conor did the same thing.
I feel like he did nothing wrong, they gave him bisping as a comeback fight, he got hurt, Mike won the belt and wanted they gsp fight

You realize bisping beat Anderson right?
So what’s harder? Fighting Anderson, or Beating the guy that beat Anderson??

Even more impressive

A number of years back this would have been true, size wise the LW division is creeping up and passing the size of former WW size.

Apparently Kahib walks around HEAVIER than GSP normally does.

So if Kahib, is bigger now than gsp was during his WW run, how is that cowardly?

You could say Kahibs the coward for cutting to much and should be at WW, But now at WW you have guys like till.

It’s the evolution of the sport. LW is the old WW, FW is the old LW.

Put Jens Pulver next to Kahib, and Matt Hughes next to Kahib and you will see.

Please, he beat a 40+ Anderson who is overrated anyways and should've been knocked out. There's a reason he was knocked stiff by Gastelum who isn't even one of the best MWs and hell almost by 45 year old Hendo. Bisping is a decent MW, but he is nor ever has been no top one. GSP finessed everyone.

GSP is still big for WW too. It doesn't matter if LW size is creeping up, because he was already huge before. He won't be much bigger than Khabib if at all, true. Khabib has missed weight multiple times. He's not a LW either. They should both be fighting Tyron for the WW belt if they want to fight each other to be honest.

If GSP can make LW and win at least 2 times in a row, then I'll be ok with giving him a title shot. None of that cut weight once and then never fight in the division again BS that GSP is trying to pull like the little rat he is.

Moving down doesn't make the fights easier. He still had to weigh in. He's never had much of a size advantage, just strength advantage over most guys he has fought. He fought the champion and won. Conor did the same thing.
I feel like he did nothing wrong, they gave him bisping as a comeback fight, he got hurt, Mike won the belt and wanted they gsp fight

HAHAHAHAHAH. Yes he has. Conor didn't do the same thing. GSP is a BIG WW. Forget LW. He's a little rat trying to create an artificial legacy while avoiding Tyron. It's pathetic. Ducked the entire MW division with a BS excuse and then ran talking about collitis. Where is the collitis now? Fucking rat. He may be the GOAT for now, but his time is running up, and that's why he's scrambling desperately trying to do this shit.

You realize bisping beat Anderson right?
So what’s harder? Fighting Anderson, or Beating the guy that beat Anderson??

Even more impressive

uhh ...no it's not more impressive.

you must be new if you use MMAth in your argument.

you realize George Foreman smashed Frazier and Ken Norton, 2 guys who beat Muhammad Ali, and then promptly got KO'd by Muhammad Ali.

did you know Dominick Cruz beat TJ Dillashaw, the guy who KO'd Cody Garbrandt twice, but then lost to Cody Garbrandt?

did you know Cain smashed JDS twice, then lost to Werdum who got KO'd by JDS?

i mean, i can go on and on about how beating someone who beat someone else means absolutely nothing, but i think you get the point.

Oh don't worry. GSP's WW resume isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Tyron doesn't have any legends to fight. GSP did.

LMAO. What legends? 1-D Matt Hughes? LWs BJ Penn and Sean Sherk? GSP had decent people to face, which can't be said about most fighters from 5+ years ago. He never faced the type of talent Tyron is facing today though. No wonder he's ducking them all.

Half the battle is getting a title shot. An instant tile shot makes everything easier. A stylistic match up is even more cream on top.

Im not shitting on his run as champion. Im shitting on him fighting Bisping then vacating and then what? He wants to move down? Dude wants nothing to do with that division. Conor moved up and is now fighting Khabib.

"Fuck gsp's two belts. He was never going to fight the #1 contender like Conor is."

You're not shitting on his run but you're saying fuck his two belts?Which leads into some normal out of the blue for no reason nut massaging for Conor as to why he's so much better than GSP or something?Why do these Conor fanboys have to turn every single thread into one about him?

Also,you are aware that Conor's not the champion right and he's not fighting the #1 contender but the champion?He left and got stripped.If it was up to me no one would be the champ and this would be for a title but it is what it is,but you can't just not fight for two years while healthy and keep a belt for a class you fought in once for the organization,that would be just stupid.

It's also funny how people just can't understand that GSP is,annoying as an mma fan but understandably,trying to build on his legacy.And Conor moved up cause he physically had to but lets just keep saying anything to make him look better.GSP has been talking about possibly fighting at 155 for a long long time,but you can ignore that since he's just scared atm.

Only on sherdog would someone bitch and complain about a guy winning titles in three weight classes.

When you think sherdoggers can’t get any dumber and you see a quality thread like this, it warms your heart.

HAHAHAHAHAH. Yes he has. Conor didn't do the same thing. GSP is a BIG WW. Forget LW. He's a little rat trying to create an artificial legacy while avoiding Tyron. It's pathetic. Ducked the entire MW division with a BS excuse and then ran talking about collitis. Where is the collitis now? Fucking rat. He may be the GOAT for now, but his time is running up, and that's why he's scrambling desperately trying to do this shit.
Damn homie, why so butt hurt?

Did George bring your girl into the hot tub one night?

GSP: 2
Khabib: 3 inside the top ten just off of the top of my head. Two were top five.
Khabib's resume at LW remains oddly weak for a champion. Beating Conor would be a big step in the right direction.

Khabib's resume at LW remains oddly weak for a champion. Beating Conor would be a big step in the right direction.
I agree. Injuries fucked him out of a few opportunities, whether his or an opponent.

Oh don't worry. GSP's WW resume isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Tyron doesn't have any legends to fight. GSP did.

it's hard to fight legendary fighters when legendary fighters rather fight journeymen who lucked and won a title.

of course you don't keep all of your strength, but if you don't think weight cutting is an advantage, i don't know what to say. any sport that has weight classes has weight cutting.

and it's not so they can fight harder fights.

You can only cut so much weight. GSP wont be bigger than the biggest lightweights.

Back