If Khamzat Chimaev becomes champ, would he become the biggest star in the UFC? (Besides Conor)

If Khamzat Chimaev becomes champ, would he become the biggest star in the UFC?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Take Conor out of the picture (dude is an anomaly), would Chimaev become the biggest star?

I believe so.

1-HRmc9ZHy3koCrNH_tvgWVX2Zw45x0LGb_6907HQEE.jpg

your entire post is wrong. Conor is not the biggest star anymore, he is a sideshow to get clicks.
Khamzat needs to fight more and do more press, along with making weight to be considered a big star. Hardcore fans know of him but most people don't.

Take Conor out of the picture (dude is an anomaly), would Chimaev become the biggest star?

I believe so.

Nah he isn't really marketable. Shine has been taken off with the weight issues and the Burns fight. His pretty much lost all the momentum he had by fighting so little.

I also think his broken english will really count against him in terms of being a star that transcends the UFC like Conor or Rhonda.

If he becomes champ I think he will sell okay, but Jon Jones will be by far the biggest star the UFC has outside of Conor. He will just be like Usman or Izzy were while they were champ. Hardcore MMA fans like them but not really known outside UFC.

I believe so.

I thought he was great when he came in during COVID, had a few fights within a short span & had quick finishes. He won against Gilbert, but think it put him in the place to let him know that there are tough guys out there. He seemed to have gassed out a bit during the fight. Now, he wants to talk big, but not fight?

453850.jpg

Kam-Cat She Might Have. He isn't going to be a champ, just a chump. Mentally broken now and damaged goods. Just wants to play games & catch a ball of string.

If he wants to be a star. He has to smash everybody. That’s not going to happen.
The ‘magic’ with Khamzat is the illusion that he smashes everybody.
if he gets finished. His smash won’t mean much.
He can’t talk or is interesting to listen to.
His popularity is based on the illusion that he takes out everybody and his confidence.
That needs to be backed up to reach that popularity level. That’s not going to happen.
He is not going to finish people with good ground game.

Back