If Khamzat Chimaev becomes champ, would he become the biggest star in the UFC? (Besides Conor)

If Khamzat Chimaev becomes champ, would he become the biggest star in the UFC?

• Total voters
He is already never fighting {<diva}
Imagine Dana and the hatred of fans, if he was a champ and this inactive <{Heymansnicker}>
Which is weird bc his popularity rose bc of how often he fought when he entered the ufc. His mystique wore off long ago with this inactivity and shit talking with no fighting. The burns fight didn't do him any favors either.

Take Conor out of the picture (dude is an anomaly), would Chimaev become the biggest star?

I believe so.

1-HRmc9ZHy3koCrNH_tvgWVX2Zw45x0LGb_6907HQEE.jpg
Popularity is a funny thing.

I think he is making a mistake playing the long game here and not taking a fight.

He had a tremendous cresting wave of attention and it is now already much diminished because of time gone by without an entertaining fight.

If he fights again and wins.... ? Well that is going to depend on his opponent, how the fight plays out and how damn long into the future it occurs.

He may regain his popularity,,, But today it is not as high as it was a year ago.

Yes, in Russia and other Muslim countries. No, in the US, due to the language and cultural differences.

He probably needs to keep the heel act going to have a chance at that--talk about killing people post-fight (or whatever he said last time). He could attempt to be the Nikita Koloff or Iron Shiek of MMA.

He'd be a superstar if he won the title and fought at least twice a year, IMO.

That smesh kill act gets the people going. Scares betas and housewives. People love horror movies.

Smesh keel brada is a proven schtick.

your entire post is wrong. Conor is not the biggest star anymore, he is a sideshow to get clicks.
Khamzat needs to fight more and do more press, along with making weight to be considered a big star. Hardcore fans know of him but most people don't.

Love him or hat him, Conor is by far the biggest star. His next fight will be much larger than any other PPV. Yes, he is a sideshow, but he is the biggest star, by far. He has 5 of the top 6 biggest PPV in UFC history.

He's on track to be the biggest star in the UFC 100% (alongside Bo) but for whatever reason he is not getting booked fights. Absolute waste of potential.

I think they r protecting him we never did get the full story of how much covid screwed his lungs up + all the Russia shit going on

Nah he isn't really marketable. Shine has been taken off with the weight issues and the Burns fight. His pretty much lost all the momentum he had by fighting so little.

I also think his broken english will really count against him in terms of being a star that transcends the UFC like Conor or Rhonda.

If he becomes champ I think he will sell okay, but Jon Jones will be by far the biggest star the UFC has outside of Conor. He will just be like Usman or Izzy were while they were champ. Hardcore MMA fans like them but not really known outside UFC.

Nicely said. Fair statement.

Only 6 votes for “I don’t know”. Ppl are way too confident with their opinions on things they really dont know about.

Popularity is a funny thing.

I think he is making a mistake playing the long game here and not taking a fight.

He had a tremendous cresting wave of attention and it is now already much diminished because of time gone by without an entertaining fight.

If he fights again and wins.... ? Well that is going to depend on his opponent, how the fight plays out and how damn long into the future it occurs.

He may regain his popularity,,, But today it is not as high as it was a year ago.

I agree, he starts winning again in spectacular fashion. He can definitely win the fans back.

If he could keep up the "keel everybody" shtick and back it up, absolutely.

He is very wild and unpredictable. That will cause everyone to tune in.

Though I can't imagine him doing the late night talk show circuit because those beta leftist cucks couldn't handle interviewing the guy.

No a Muslim dude who barely fights and doesn't speak English that great is likely not going to become the biggest star ever in a US based company. I'll gladly be proven wrong on that , but that's my best educated guess on if what you say will happen or not.

Back