If Pereira become 3 divisions champ

GOAT combat athlete if you look at all his accolades.

No, it's more favorable matchups, opportunity, timing. These orgs are trying to get the first ever three weight champ. ONE is doing the same now with Reiner and their HW russian champ. It's a mad dash, the new space race, the first to be able to claim they have the first three weight champ. The real goat is Fedor and the PRIDE FC we watched along the way.

So you truly believe that, of all the greats, there's no such thing as a greatest?
It's too subjective. My GOATs are Aldo, GSP, and Anderson. Each of their respective primes can be picked apart and broken down to the point that it seems unimpressive. So, I find the term GOAT to be a little too masturbatory. It's mostly a way for us to feel better about supporting someone else's accomplishments that we had nothing to do with.

3 divisions champ? definitely GOAT​

If he were to beat similarly ranked and experienced opponents at HW as in the other 2 divisions, then yes. Just Aspinall would not be enough to become the GOAT. But if you add a win over Jones or Stipe, which is extremely unlikely, then yes. Quitting UFC and beating Ngannou would also work.

No. But he's fast approaching legend status.

GOAT for me is someone who defends the strap against all comers and literally cleans their whole division out. Stays unbeaten for a long stretch.

Personally at this point, beating aspinall is more valuable than beating jones to me atleast.

I Do think Jones would fight alex. If Alex were to beat Aspinall this spring, I think jones would beat stipe and choose to unify. I don't think Jones would do this if aspinall held the title. that's why I think beating aspinall means a bit more in my eyes. We know Jones intends on beating stipe and retiring, he's never gonna fight aspinall and that essentailly makes aspinall the HW champ already. (much like bisping\whittaker scenario)

To answer the question, No he would not be the goat, nor would he be in the HW, LHW or MW goat Discussion, but if he can amount 5 title wins (1 HW title defense, 1 LHW title Defense, MW/LHW/HW title wins) in the UFC across 3 divisions, it would leave him with a very unique rapsheet that would be near impossible to match. I'd say if he had the HW title and 1 defense as well as 1 LHW title defense I'd say it makes him top 10 ATG UFC fighter.

I dont have Cejudo, DC or conor in my top 10 all time MMA and they are all double champs. triple champ doesn't exactly seed you in the top 10 alone either. atleast not in my book.

Last edited:
No. Defend the title at LHW a few times then he would be like top 15 all time in mma.

For us who follow Glory, he was already one of the goats. Now he's uber-goat. Goatan.
If he wins the third belt, the remaining sherdoggers who survive the meltdown will bow before the goatverse king.

Also, he won’t succeed. But that’s ok.
The amount of people who aren't going to get Goatan makes me sad...

On paper.... I'm a HUGE Alex fan.

But.

To do it now he'd have to beat Aspinal. To do it for real in the UFC it's Jones. But Jones never beat the actual champ. So even that has a small asterisk against it.

He could leave. Join the PFL ... Fight Francis. That would be the only way to make it undeniable.

If he did any of these he'd be out in front for consideration.

But there are a lot of moving parts
Right because beating the GOAT of MMA for the heavyweight title isn’t undeniable

I think max Holloway and Charles Oliveira holds most of UFC records.
Tim Elliot and Jim Miller have a lot of records too.
those things absolutely makes them notable fighters, but don't put'em in GOAT conversations.

Alex Pereira achieving champion in 3 divisions is unprecedented in UFC and is a historic feat, specially being in the 3 heaviest divisions ( MW to LHW have 20 lbs gap, and LHW to HW is like 40 lbs[250 lbs is the limit, but almost anyone reaches the limit])

I think it make him a legend, grant him a place in the HoF, and make him definitely unbeatable in accolades discussions.
But definitely not in GOAT conversations
lol he’s already a hall of famer

No. It's harder to keep defending it for long periods against the best guys like Jones, GSP, Silva, Aldo.
I agree but beating 3 different champions is not easy. That’s 3 fighters that should be at the top of any resume

Its special, but Jones probably has that down for a while, he did beat the highest ranked guy at the time and DOMINATED LHW for years, if it happens he will get himself in the GOAT talks for sure tho.

Even if he knocked Jones out cold, Jones fans would still argue that Jon is the GOAT.

Back