If the power in a punch is mostly generated by the legs, shouldn't kickers have greater potential?

Post a video of you punching. I could use a good laugh.

Some guys are nothing on the mitts but good in sparring, and some are good at mitts but terrible at sparring.

I'm the former.

I will actually take a free trial class in Boxing tommorow, is the plan.:cool:

To see if I get hooked into it or not.

Heavy legs combined with proper hip mechanics DOES generate more force than a very fast, skinny legged counterpart.

"I was always the fastest sprinter in school and I'm even beyond pound for pound one of the hardest kickers in my class. Pretty much any type of kick too"

You think the quads and hams move the leg for the kick though, when its the hips moving the leg

Everything you have written is saying this loud and clear which is why you presumed a TKD kicker could punch hard due to his strong legs

CAN YOU EVEN KICK? We know you cant punch

"I was always the fastest sprinter in school and I'm even beyond pound for pound one of the hardest kickers in my class. Pretty much any type of kick too"

You think the quads and hams move the leg for the kick though, when its the hips moving the leg

Everything you have written is saying this loud and clear which is why you presumed a TKD kicker could punch hard due to his strong legs

CAN YOU EVEN KICK?

I'm a red belt in TaeKwonDo

pyramid_stud_belt_red_f_3858.jpeg

Red Belt everyone, better watch out its TKD

I think most of the potential lies in adopting a position from which a premature assumption is made, and absolutely refusing to back down or alter your initial assumption, at all costs.

The universe then sees how stalwart and brave this soul is in order to commit to such a worthy deed, and with great honor rewards the beloved arguer with previously unseen levels of punching powers to match or exceed his already unreasonably high grade of overall fighting prowess.

Thats a no then, go to muay thai if you want to learn how to kick well, TKD is FULL of low % impractical kicks

Not in traditional TKD it aint. We don't waste any time on aerial kicks and we spend 60/40 hands versus feet. The kicks practiced are basic roundhouse, sidekick and front kick.

This is a KKW stylist displaying some traditional Taekwondo

Substance? We haven't had that around here in a couple years. Bro science is the future of sherdog. Don't fight the tide.

People barely even post sparring videos these days...

<DisgustingHHH>

Jesus man it's not complicated. Someone from TKD will possibly be able to punch harder than an untrained athlete because they've developed some of the physical attributes necessary. They won't hit harder than a pure boxer who's trained for as long as them, and in fact they'll probably have a lot of shitty habits to get rid of before they learn to punch correctly. There's a reason that even at the highest levels of MMA and kickboxing, after years of cross training, the TKD guys still tend to get hurt in the pocket against superior boxers.

Pettis.

Not in traditional TKD it aint. We don't waste any time on aerial kicks and we spend 60/40 hands versus feet. The kicks practiced are basic roundhouse, sidekick and front kick.
TKD round kicks are dirt, go do muay thai its the boxing of round kicks ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back