If Wittman completes the hattrick at UFC 268, will he go down as the greatest coach in MMA history?

He's got tremendous flaws, don't even act like his chin/defense hasn't been his biggest problem. His record is up there with anyone in the UFC, but I honestly think Gaethje matches up better against him than Dustin or Charles.
Both Olives & Mike need to run it back. Not immediately but down the road. Fun fight that could have ended many ways.

Just because Khabib tooled someone on the ground doesn't mean another grappler will. I don't expect Chandler to do that, I expect Chandler to get KO/TKO'd on the feet but either way I can't wait for that fight.

Honestly I think Chandler's gameplan is going to be based around feints and shooting on him when the time is right. He'll just look to hold Gaethje down for enough time to win rounds.

Chandler said something like "whoever takes the first step back is a timid soul" which means his gameplan will be the opposite. He's weird like that.

Usman already beat Colby and Rose just KOd Weili in a minute....

Cordeiro is the GOAT and its not close. No one else has excelled and molded top flight fighters and champs in so many different eras.

This man coached Anderson (against Mach for Shooto WW strap and best WW in the world title), Wand, Shogun to champions 20 years ago

and now he has fighters like Marvin, Benny, Giga on the cusp

Its not like this guy doesn't have a fight resume. He's 22-6, previous champ in his weight class. After his explosive 1st round KO over Hooker, that mind you, nobody on Sherdog saw happening, he was supposed to get dominated on his feet; a win over Gaethje seals the deal for me.

I remember calling that Chandler should get a 1st or 2nd round KO and if it goes past the midway mark of round 2 he starts to gas and lose his power so he'd default to wrestling Hooker to a decision.

I wasnt even the only one to think a 1st round KO was likely, other people on here did too, as did Jack Slack. (Chandler is explosive, big punching power, great handspeed, likes to blitz early and almost all of his KOs are in round 1 as he gasses early and goes back to wrestling after about 7 minutes)

So you sound stupid mate.

I remember calling that Chandler should get a 1st or 2nd round KO and if it goes past the midway mark of round 2 he starts to gas and lose his power so he'd default to wrestling Hooker to a decision.

I wasnt even the only one to think a 1st round KO was likely, other people on here did too, as did Jack Slack. (Chandler is explosive, big punching power, great handspeed, likes to blitz early and almost all of his KOs are in round 1 as he gasses early and goes back to wrestling after about 7 minutes)

So you sound stupid mate.
Source: Trust me bro

Best coach in the world guys..

lat-1.jpg

No not even close really. As mentioned, Usman was already the champion. He's done a great job with all of them though. He'd have to sustain it for a long time to be considered the best ever.

Recently, there have been coaches that have done just as well or better (Albarracin for instance).

Wittman is good but he only has few fighters and they are all established now. When he had a big stable. There were more wins and losses

Uh and?

Gaethje has a lot of tools that in theory should work very well on Chandler, be it super heavy hands with crisp boxing or absolutely crushing kicks.
gaethje has sloppy af boxing. He is overrated imo, Chandler will KO him r1 or dominate to a late finish

Probably not. It's nice to have fighters getting wins, but there's a new "goat coach" every couple years. It was originally Ken Shamrock/lion's den, then Pat Miletich, Cordeiro, Firas, Greg Jackson, Javier, and now Wittman, and it'll be someone else next year based on whatever camp has a couple people on win streaks.

gaethje has sloppy af boxing. He is overrated imo, Chandler will KO him r1 or dominate to a late finish
Agreed. He also seems mentally defeated to a degree after the Khabib loss. Chandler doesn't handle low kicks well but outside of that I favor him in this fight.

And Gaethje responds badly to being on his back.

The fights a 50/50 pick 'em in my eyes.
just because he got taken down by Khabib everyone thinks now anybody will take him down and submit him.

Hard to compete with Javier Mendez resume (Not Even Close)

His resume is great, but that gym was coached by Cain, then by DC and Khabib and also Rockhold. They do the classes.
Mendez is a kickboxing trainer and all that gym is famous for, is wrestling.
He is more like an overseer, or a headcoach for the gym, who does the organizational stuff. With a few kickboxing hours.

Two of these are rematches and one is against an old Bellator reject

Back