Ilia EARNED it. Hespect.

Respect for the skill and accomplishment. Not a fan, however.
I'm iffy with him, fun as hell to watch and great style. Not big on what he's aiming for as champ, like with not wanting to defend against the top guys at featherweight and chasing a Conor fight that'll never happen.

That being said, dude just became champion and is young so I won't judge to harshly. Could be fun seeing him try to rack up some defenses to build up his legacy.

I'm iffy with him, fun as hell to watch and great style. Not big on what he's aiming for as champ, like with not wanting to defend against the top guys at featherweight and chasing a Conor fight that'll never happen.

That being said, dude just became champion and is young so I won't judge to harshly. Could be fun seeing him try to rack up some defenses to build up his legacy.
Bro he is just selling fight ofc he will fight top contenders

Oooh he can also take care of Garry on a rainy Tuesday instead of his workout !

I don’t like the guy, but how can you not be a fan of how he fights?

It’s beautiful violence.

Time will tell.

Bro he is just selling fight ofc he will fight top contenders
I mean we'll see, he does seem pretty adamant about some of it(with Conor especially)
Again we'll see what happens, I don't dislike the guy I'm just not big on that sort of talk

I like Topuria. Anyone who can finish Volk like that has my respect. Topuria is rapidly improving and no one will sleep on his skills anymore.

He just said at press he will fight whoever ufc tell him to

I was always high on him, he wins the rematch against Volk probably in a similar fashion.

He’d have more fans right now if he kept his mouth shut

Man I can care less about these dudes personalities. The only time it annoys me is if it impacts them fighting (inactivity and being selective). Izzy and Volk were great champions and def the second best to ever do it in their divisions (I have Aldo and Spider ahead of them).

I didn’t wish losses on either guy but their dominance made the divisions get stale. I think Volk losing gives the division a fresh coat of excitement much like when Izzy lost. I like change it’s the nature of the business. Being too personally attached (love or hate) makes it less enjoyable overall.

For the love of god, the first thing he did as champ was call out the ghost of McGregor in the year 2024.

There’s no taking away from his accomplishments and willing his dream into reality; I’m sure he’s a good guy underneath it all. But it’s simultaneously true that he is an excellent fighter and also comes off as a dingleberry

Been telling people for months he'd bounce Volk's bald dome of the canvas within 2 rounds, and sure enough, The Spanish King did exactly that.

#andnew

This is going to be a painful diva type title reign mark my words.

Back