Media Ilia Topuria on fighting Volkanovski: “It will be one of the easier fights of my career so far”

Who’s going to win?

• Total voters
There are two types of people in this thread:

1) the type who sees Volk as the same fighter who challenged Islam a year ago and thinks that the 1st rd headkick KO means nothing
2) the type who thinks that maybe at age 35, that 1st rd headkick KO means something + will factor into the Topuria fight

I tend to lean on the side of group number 2.

That said, Topuria's talk of an easy KO is just bluster.

Type 1 are delusional, ignoring 10+ years of fighting and thinking a FW at 35 on the physical decline getting head-kick KO’d isn’t going to have repercussions.

It’s 100% going to play a factor, we just don’t know if it’s a lot or a little yet.

i think volks right. with an actual training camp, one where he gets to actually practice, i think he smokes topuria. then it's up to him if he wants to keep chasing islam or not.

i think volks right. with an actual training camp, one where he gets to actually practice, i think he smokes topuria. then it's up to him if he wants to keep chasing islam or not.

You think that Topuria is the type to get smoked? The way I see it, he is too complete to be dominated or disposed of easily. There are no easy exploits with him.

You think that Topuria is the type to get smoked? The way I see it, he is too complete to be dominated or disposed of easily. There are no easy exploits with him.
i think so, i think volk takes him down, and it looks like the pantera match. a full camp volk, with proper time to train, acclimate, gameplan, have timing, i think beats every FW out there. i haven't seen anything from topuria, besides raw power. IMO.

I've been backing this guy for a while now. Still am. But damn that's a bold prediction.

Volk is a confidence fighter, clearly after the KO, you can tell his confidence is broken.

Topuria is an animal.

Volk that faced Max 3 would beat Top, but I think the changing of the guard moment has come.

If he actually believes that he might be the dumbest guy in the UFC. Hopefully he's trolling.

Volk said something to the effect of Illia being an easy fight, so now he obviously is saying the same kind of thing as retaliation. I don't think he truly believes it.

This'll be a hard fight for both. No matter how much trash is talked.

Anything can happen, but he's obviously just talking shit to hype up the fight. If Volk is still anywhere near top form at 145, this won't be an easy fight for Topuria...at all.

I'm sure people will pick apart what he said but it's the right mentality for him to have,
Nah.
Actually believing Volk would be the easiest fight of your career is just forced delusion. He should be confident in a win,but this is like Anthony Smith level delusion,and it never really works out for him.

Beating Volk at 145 is still a tall order, but I believe the momentum is on Topuria's side.

one day volk will get in there at FW and not have it, is it gonna be in Feb? I dont know. Good fight though. Nobody thought Volk was gonna lose the last few FW fights and now after losing to Islam again maybe this is that fight. You have to give Topuria a shot.

I think cardio will be the deciding factor in this fight. Volk can put a nasty pace on Illia.

I like Illias striking, power, and ground game, but he has a tendency to swing big and wide. Volk will eat those openings for breakfast with well timed takedowns and slick counters. Gonna be a fun fight.

I don’t know if ilia is trying to be entertaining or if he thinks what he is saying is true, but this dude is just asking for some classic humble pie. And I hope Alex serves it to him.

Back