I'm a little surprised at how unpopular certain guys were at the press conference.

You'll have to forgive me as I am not that knowledgeable about wrestling. I think I may have mixed up terms.
Common mix up, no biggie!

To put it short, Greco-Roman is a style of wrestling in which attacking the legs is prohibited, and is generally quite a rare background to have in MMA.

Also a very small niche sport in the US, so was surprised to hear Bo supposedly having competed in it, that's all.

Surprised how unpopular Arman is. He has the looks, youth, makes an effort with his English and the skill-set to become a champion. I guess he needs to start saying retarded sh1t like "The champion has a name" to get "fans" on his side.
He comes off a little arrogant at times is the only thing I can think of. A lot of these foreign guys make the mistake of learning a little English and then trying to talk a little smack but the foreign guys who don't speak English or speak little English who tend to be more popular are the ones who just act more humble

Jamahal Hill, Arman, Bo Nickal, Rakic. Bo Nickal especially, I mean he's not particularly controversial is he? And isn't the UFC really trying to push him as a future star? The rest of the guys I guess it probably just is due to them fighting fan favorites maybe, but I mean even deiveson figueredo wasn't being booed and I'm used to him always being booed at press conferences
Why would anyone boo figgy? He's not fighting sherdogs boyfriend, brandon Moreno.

Surprised how unpopular Arman is. He has the looks, youth, makes an effort with his English and the skill-set to become a champion. I guess he needs to start saying retarded sh1t like "The champion has a name" to get "fans" on his side.

Really? What I saw from the last two days made me realize I would prefer have all my streaming apps only show episodes of Bridgerton for eternity than ever have to see his mind numbingly boring personality ever again. Rebooted my wifi because I thought the screen was frozen but when it came back and I realized he is just that boring I rebooted my wifi again because that was more fun than watching Arman.

People are rightfully burnt at Bo's arrogance and pretentiousness.

Why is he on the main card? Why is he acting like he got here the same way the elite have? The dudehas been spoonfed his position right now and most know it

I genuinely think Arman scares the shit out of people. The dude is a serious dark horse and a force to be reckoned with. He is going to dishevel the current system.
I think aman literally got boos because he is facing the people’s champion.
Seemed the lesser known fighters were getting boos. Hill was also getting boos because he is facing a beloved fighter.

Jamahal Hill, Arman, Bo Nickal, Rakic. Bo Nickal especially, I mean he's not particularly controversial is he? And isn't the UFC really trying to push him as a future star? The rest of the guys I guess it probably just is due to them fighting fan favorites maybe, but I mean even deiveson figueredo wasn't being booed and I'm used to him always being booed at press conferences
Most the drunk fans are dumb even before they're drunk, shouldn't be a surprise.

Ya. I don’t get the hate for Bo. He’s so down to earth. Really I don’t get hate for almost all fighters. Maybe aside from guys like Colby. Most of these guys seem like good dudes.

People hate BigBo for ducking the Chimp after talking all that smoke

A couple years ago i sat down with a buddy and skimmed over a couple weeks worth of WWE Raw. Or maybe it was smackdown? What i noticed, and what anyone who's paid attention to sports entertainment for greater than half of their life would also notice and be oiutraged by, was the WWE pushing Roman Reigns, the fans not accepting that push, and then the fans actually boo'ng him - and vince by association - for attempting to dictate to US what who we should be cheering for.

ll that to say, the Bo situation kind of reminds me of that. In both Bo and Roman's case, they seem like decent guys and so the boo's are more a protest of the organization, and a way to show were a bit... insulted maybe?

Ya. I don’t get the hate for Bo. He’s so down to earth. Really I don’t get hate for almost all fighters. Maybe aside from guys like Colby. Most of these guys seem like good dudes.
Yet Colby tends to get cheered at most events

I’m not personally bothered by it , but Bo talks like he’s already accomplished a lot more than he has for a guy who’s been fighting hotdog vendors

Why is he on the main card? Why is he acting like he got here the same way the elite have? The dudehas been spoonfed his position right now and most know it

I genuinely think Arman scares the shit out of people. The dude is a serious dark horse and a force to be reckoned with. He is going to dishevel the current system.
He should be the gesture prelim and jiri should open the main event !

Jiri
Then the female fight
Then Olivera
Then max
Then the poatan fight

Then kid rock sings sweet Caroline and whole crowd does orgy

• Bo - Arrogant. Talks as though he's already at the top. Underserved spot on the main card against someone that most don't see as a real challenge. I think he can turn it around if he keeps winning big. Figured he'd get more support being an American wrestler with an exciting style.
  • Rakic - Put on a couple high profile snoozers and is fighting a Just Bleed God disciple in Jiri who is super popular with the fans. Not shocking at all.
  • Hill - Dude is kind of a weirdo. Alex is a fan favorite. Beating Izzy is going to get you more fans than beating Glover.
  • Arman - Not going to lie it's kind of sad and funny that he's getting hate. He's super milquetoast but Olivera is massively popular with the crowd. It's more that Olivera is loved than Arman is hated.

Bo beating cans better than him getting undeserving fights immediately

Unless you follow college wrestling which is a small circle nobody knows who he is the guy is an amateur rank in the ufc so that's understandable
Idk anyone who does know if him then again it seems most people don't know who any of them are if there not Jon jones or Anderson Silva
The ufc has Ben around so long they just won't promote their fighters..

They rather promote Bud light or Pepsi.. or some brand then there own

Bo beating cans better than him getting undeserving fights immediately
how many more low level fighters should Bo be put up against before he takes a step up? i think the perception is he's being moved along too slowly.
if he beats Brundage, id like to see him fight someone just outside the top 15.

Because he'd double leg and skull fuck the entirety of the entire division in less than 30 minutes.

no the hype is coming from the UFC putting him in undeserved main card positions on one of the biggest fight cards ever in UFC history
and also from their promotion of him previously by putting him on undeserved main card positions.
Yeah, fuck the UFC for promoting the best prospect they've ever had. What idiots.

Back