I'm a little surprised at how unpopular certain guys were at the press conference.

People didn't even boo the can he is facing. If they are mad about Bo being on the card then they should definitely be mad about that guy being on it

why? he's literally the sacrificial lamb. he's a means to an end, they're not doing him a favor he's simply on there to get his ass destroyed and make their boy look good.

Jamahal Hill, Arman, Bo Nickal, Rakic. Bo Nickal especially, I mean he's not particularly controversial is he? And isn't the UFC really trying to push him as a future star? The rest of the guys I guess it probably just is due to them fighting fan favorites maybe, but I mean even deiveson figueredo wasn't being booed and I'm used to him always being booed at press conferences
Likely due to him getting undeserved placement on the main card and what fans perceive as a gimme fight.

If the UFC is going to give him star treatment they should be giving him big fights. If he's still facing low level opponents then leave him on the early prelims. They want to have their cake and eat it too.

HAHAHAHAHA..............Bo is living rent free in a lot of sherdogger's heads.

Do fans really still not understand how to gain popularity in this sport?????????????????? You got to get fans to care about you outside of just being a good fighter. Love or hate said fighter it doesn't matter. The easiest and quickest way to that is talking smack. Why is the UFC putting him on the main card, simple. They think he will be one of the top guys in the near future and they will showcase him. Just like they did with O Malley.

HAHAHAHAHA..............Bo is living rent free in a lot of sherdogger's heads.

Do fans really still not understand how to gain popularity in this sport?????????????????? You got to get fans to care about you outside of just being a good fighter. Love or hate said fighter it doesn't matter. The easiest and quickest way to that is talking smack. Why is the UFC putting him on the main card, simple. They think he will be one of the top guys in the near future and they will showcase him. Just like they did with O Malley.

except O'Malley was fighting a former world champion in his 3rd fight.

Yeah, fuck the UFC for promoting the best prospect they've ever had. What idiots.
best prospect theyve ever had? dont know about that. all he is right now is a loudmouth who nutshotted his way to a sub win.
he doesnt deserve main card billing over former champs. end of, period. he'd be a great choice to headline the early or regular prelims.

Bo knows he doesn't deserve to be on the main card over former champs but it's not like it was his decision. It's like if you got promoted at your job and then everyone hated you for it as if you promoted yourself.

Bo has been fairly arrogant with his takes for a while, acting like he can compete with elites and beat them np with like a 4 fight resume against nobodies. Add in there's a clear vocal group of people who know he dosen't deserve his main card spot not just on this event, but previous events he's fought on. Makes him quite unlikable from both his side of things, and from how the UFC is shoving him down peoples throats.

how many more low level fighters should Bo be put up against before he takes a step up? i think the perception is he's being moved along too slowly.
if he beats Brundage, id like to see him fight someone just outside the top 15.
That's literally what Bo himself asked for in his next fight. He's not being moved too slowly. It's just that the UFC signed him too early and is overly promoting him for a guy who is only 5 fights into his career. Reminds me of early Sage when the fans wanted to throw him to the wolves because of his abs.

Except Bo isn't actually popular. The UFC is trying to make him popular. Hardcore fans see through that and don't like it.
Nickal was talked about and hyped by hardcores before he was in the ufc. There is a thread about him every day on here

Bo really needs to step it up with a Clean Fight and impressive finish.
Triple H needs to give Dana some refreshers.
That, and maybe Hunter will finish up with a Pedigree ( WWE reference ).

The Hill one is easy to understand, the guy comes across as a major douche with a chip on his shoulder, always acting like he’s owed something. The guy beat Johnny Walker and a 50-year-old Texeira and he’s acting like he’s Jon Jones. I would love to see him get flatlined.
Most probably agree and want to see him humbled. This will imho be a real test for Hill after his surgery. Both guys have serious KO power, can't see one or the other standing past the 2nd round...hopefully Alex turns out Hill's lights.

That's literally what Bo himself asked for in his next fight. He's not being moved too slowly. It's just that the UFC signed him too early and is overly promoting him for a guy who is only 5 fights into his career. Reminds me of early Sage when the fans wanted to throw him to the wolves because of his abs.
Bo is still on his first contract. I think he has 2 fights left. He said in an interview some time ago he'll fight bigger names for bigger pay. Who knows how bullshit his current contract is.

Nickal was talked about and hyped by hardcores before he was in the ufc. There is a thread about him every day on here

Casuals don't follow amateur wrestling. Bo is not popular. He's an amazing prospect, has the potential to be a star if he can reach the top of the sport. But he's not one yet.

The UFC are promoting him as if he is a star, giving him placement over more popular fighters. Jiri, Holm, Aljo are all more popular than he is.

Because none of those guys are stars and Bo is being boo’d because the UFC is blatantly trying to make him into a star via strategic matchmaking. The other guys just aren’t well known outside the bubble be it due to infrequent appearances, poor English and/or inability to provide compelling soundbites. Bo will eventually invite stronger emotions provided that he remains dominant against better competition, but the fact is you need to bring more to the table besides punches, kicks and takedowns.

You need a look, a compelling backstory and/or in possession of a gift of gab along with an engaging fight style. Pereira has the look, backstory and style, Oliveira has the backstory and style, Jiri has the look and style, but they can’t communicate as effectively to an American crowd as a native English speaker can.

Good, because Bum Nickal vs Cody Bumdage shouldn't be on the main card.

Let these clowns know whats up.

Surprised how unpopular Arman is. He has the looks, youth, makes an effort with his English and the skill-set to become a champion. I guess he needs to start saying retarded sh1t like "The champion has a name" to get "fans" on his side.

Ngl low key scrapper bashin fam Charles kinda slow but Saiyan man's retarded just ain't factual fam ain't no disrespect tho just keepin' it a buck like always fam maybe check out #PowerSlap cool your head a bit fam don't wanna see you catch a case 💯🦌🚨

Bo knows he doesn't deserve to be on the main card over former champs but it's not like it was his decision. It's like if you got promoted at your job and then everyone hated you for it as if you promoted yourself.

🗣️📠🚫🖨️

Bro just playing the hand he was dealt my guy just to good a prospect ain't his fault 💯

Water cooler drama in the scrap game u know the #wagwan 💦🐄🐮

Jamahal Hill, Arman, Bo Nickal, Rakic. Bo Nickal especially, I mean he's not particularly controversial is he? And isn't the UFC really trying to push him as a future star? The rest of the guys I guess it probably just is due to them fighting fan favorites maybe, but I mean even deiveson figueredo wasn't being booed and I'm used to him always being booed at press conferences

Not surprised about any of those.

Hill is super abrasive social media.

Arman comes off like a dick, too.

Rakic has had many boring fights after his early UFC KOs.

People don't like how Nickal is being pushed. He's clearly another one of Dana's handpicked poster boys.

Back