I'm not sold on Topuria

I don't know what 145ers you're talking about outside that are better, apart from Patricio but he's get old as well. Topuria is legit, now Volk shouldn't have taken that fight so soon after Islam, that being said Ilia was never going to be an easy fight. And like Volk said himself, he got caught with a very hard clean shot in which a long layoff wouldn't change in being able to take that better.
Islam Omarov and Timur Khizriev. 2 undefeated dagestani in their prime. There are more like Parnasse and Keita

Let me know when he beats someone like this in their prime

He did what he had to, beat everyone the UFC put in front of him. Sure, he's pretty new to being a champ, but I believe Topuria's got the talent and attitude to set new records at 145lbs. There's no shortage of opponents for him. Volkanovski's earned another shot, Max Holloway would be a challenging matchup, and then there's Evloev, Ortega, Rodriguez, Allen, plus a whole bunch of other elite fighters. The future is bright for Topuria if he keeps winning.

Islam Omarov and Timur Khizriev. 2 undefeated dagestani in their prime. There are more like Parnasse and Keita

Let me know when he beats someone like this in their prime

So you're not impressed by Topuria beating UFC top 10 people, say he needs to beat Omarov and Khriziev, and who did they beat that's better than Volkanovski?

Or is it like you can trust the eye test for everyone except Topuria?

Shit I'm taking this troll post too seriously.

He's the reigning champion at FW and TS isn't sold on him.
200w.gif ?cid=6c09b952ny3uwkxz18aarp2d6im0de3qocop5rft8b6a62u6&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w. gif&ct=g

i just say his name with the accent all the time and throw a little pop sound in there at the end . touporia POP

How can you not be sold on the champ who finished the reigning title holder?

He's looked pretty great in every one of his fights and has showcased a bunch of different skills, it's not like a lot of hype jobs where they come in and KO a couple 5'5" brawlers and avoid every grappler/proficient striker/contender in the division on their way to a title shot. At least he fought a good mix and has looked good in every aspect.

He's looked pretty great in every one of his fights and has showcased a bunch of different skills, it's not like a lot of hype jobs where they come in and KO a couple 5'5" brawlers and avoid every grappler/proficient striker/contender in the division on their way to a title shot. At least he fought a good mix and has looked good in every aspect.
Jai hurt him but he fought through that and killed Herbert.
That's the only hitch in his gitty up I've seen so far.

Finishing Jai after that showed big heart.

Topuria is a well rounded fighter and shown as much every time out there.

Last edited:
Back